Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 10, 2024, 7:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another mass shooting.
RE: Another mass shooting.
(November 14, 2019 at 5:23 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Odds on this guy will be found to have taken Daddy's gun from:

-A nightstand,

-The glovebox of a car,

-The shoebox on the top shelf of the closet.

Boru

Maybe. However, I bet he was an incel.
(November 14, 2019 at 5:23 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Odds on this guy will be found to have taken Daddy's gun from:

-A nightstand,

-The glovebox of a car,

Boru
No doubt, right where a responsible gun owner would safely store it.
You could store a firearm in a toddlers hands...and it would be fine. Just a stick. Its when you store it..and the ammunition.....in the same insecure place that problems arise. Who the fuck does that?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(November 14, 2019 at 3:58 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(November 14, 2019 at 3:31 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I wish I could lend them as much credit as you are, but no.

The firearm CEOs use the same divide and conquer tactics as big tobacco and the fossil fuel industry.

Greed is the same no matter the product. Unfortunately, as compassionate as my species can be, and I wish more would gravitate to, our species still has far too much of an element who values greed and bullying.

And yet, you drink beer.  Alcohol-related deaths in the US outpace gun-related deaths by almost 200%.  Are the CEOs of alcohol-producing companies responsible for this?  If so, why aren't you railing against people who produce alcohol?  Or tobacco? Or junk food?

Boru

Yes, I may be pickling my liver beyond repair, but I can't  take my liver and shoot mass amounts of my fellow citizens.
At least you've picked one to rail against, however incoherently you might rant, I guess? It's wasted effort, if you ask me. Yelling at the clouds takes time and effort and dedication. We could use all three in the struggle against some less than imaginary enemy.

The guys who make guns aren't mustache twirling villains, tying maidens to tracks. You have to know that? They have names like Jerry, and Bob..and they employ a retinue of other Jerrys and Bobs. Just normal fuckin guys trying to collect a paycheck by producing the things that other Jerrys and Bobs want. The Jerrys and the Bobs of the world arent perfect...that's for sure, but neither are the Brians. It's just as much your own failure of poorly targeted activism that kids die. Which is to say, not much, but still something.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(November 14, 2019 at 6:40 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(November 14, 2019 at 3:58 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: And yet, you drink beer.  Alcohol-related deaths in the US outpace gun-related deaths by almost 200%.  Are the CEOs of alcohol-producing companies responsible for this?  If so, why aren't you railing against people who produce alcohol?  Or tobacco? Or junk food?

Boru

Yes, I may be pickling my liver beyond repair, but I can't  take my liver and shoot mass amounts of my fellow citizens.

But you said greed is the same no matter what the product.  You're supporting an industry that kills about 90 000 of your fellow citizens a year.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
(November 14, 2019 at 5:44 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:

-A nightstand,

-The glovebox of a car,

Boru
No doubt, right where a responsible gun owner would safely store it.

Precisely.  The core issue isn't corporate greed or a flooded market.  It's irresponsibility.

Boru
Already criminal...irresponsibility.

Already criminal.

There is no place in the us where it's legal. None. No action has to be taken to make something that's illegal more illegal. We just have to re-fund those bodies who were tasked with handling it, and then intentionally neutered. Not by Gun CEO's, or even the actual gun industry lobby (as mercenary as it is) - by a party who uses it as a wedge, like fucking ghouls.

To the detriment of the dead, the detriment of those opposed to guns, to the detriment of gun manufacturers, and to the detriment of those who want to keep their guns. Literally, everyone but themselves.

US gun ownership is a fucking miracle of personal freedom and class rebellion and culture. Nowhere else, with rates of possession like ours, are anything other than active warzones. We have more guns than they do, per capita. Let that sink in.
(November 14, 2019 at 7:31 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote: Already criminal...irresponsibility.  

Already criminal.

There is no place in the us where it's legal.  None.  No action has to be taken to make something that's illegal more illegal.  We just have to re-fund those bodies who were tasked with handling it, and then intentionally neutered.  Not by Gun CEO's, or even the actual gun industry lobby (as mercenary as it is) - by a party who uses it as a wedge, like fucking ghouls.

To the detriment of the dead, the detriment of those opposed to guns, to the detriment of gun manufacturers, and to the detriment of those who want to keep their guns.  Literally, everyone but themselves.

US gun ownership is a fucking miracle of personal freedom and class rebellion and culture.  Nowhere else, with rates of possession like ours, are anything other than active warzones.  We have more guns than they do, per capita.  Let that sink in.

There was a story just a few months ago where a woman left a loaded pistol in her car with her two children while she got out to see why the car wouldn't start.  One of the kids got the gun and killed the other child.  The woman wasn't charged.  With anything.  If that's not the legalization of irresponsibility, it sure as fuck looks like it.

So, yeah - you could definitely do with more and stricter laws regarding gun safety.  I don't hold out much hope that this will happen, but it's what I'd like.

Boru
That's already illegal, everywhere in the us. It's not that we don't have laws, or strict enough laws, it's that we dont enforce them...out of empathy, I guess, sometimes.......but when was the law about empathy?

More often we don't enforce our own laws because people don't know that theyre our own laws and their ghoulish reps have manipulated them into pulling a lifetime lever on the notion that.if we enforce our laws, we'll suddenly become the soviets or somesuch shit.

-and still...you've got that one story. Care to guess how many guns sit in cars than don't end up killing kids?

Fucking miracle of possession and culture. People elsewhere are chomping at the bit to off their neighbors, the fact that they can't get a gun is the only thing standing between them and that outcome. Here, you can buy one at walmart with a smile, and still our neighbors remain alive, and kicking, and irritating the shit out of us. We've idolized frontier culture, this shouldn't come as any surprise. Everyone had a gun, and our kids survived all the same.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mass shooting in the middle school Vladislav Ribnikar in Belgrade FlatAssembler 764 31046 July 18, 2023 at 10:47 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Alec Baldwin Shooting onlinebiker 252 14530 August 17, 2022 at 9:28 am
  Grand Rapids Mi Shooting onlinebiker 111 7163 May 11, 2022 at 10:13 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Colorado shooting, 5 dead. brewer 0 332 December 28, 2021 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Oakland School Shooting onlinebiker 99 6599 December 7, 2021 at 8:21 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
Thumbs Up President Biden orders mass deportation of immigrants onlinebiker 135 6779 September 22, 2021 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Official Mass Shooter Thread Brian37 351 18071 June 13, 2021 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Columbus Police Shooting onlinebiker 43 3097 April 25, 2021 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Denver Radio Host wishes for "Nice School Shooting" to interrupt Impeachment Divinity 17 1586 December 20, 2019 at 8:46 am
  New Orleans shooting: Eleven victims near French Quarter zebo-the-fat 40 2628 December 9, 2019 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama