Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 19, 2024, 5:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leaving your legacy
Leaving your legacy
So after seeing comments by Justtristo in chat, and searchingforanswers in the Fear thread, I wanted to get an idea of what kind of legacy you wanted to believe. How you would like to be remembered, and how you think you would be remembered if you dropped dead right now.

For my part, perhaps I'm too easily pleased. If I died today, I hope and think I would leave behind the exact legacy I want to. I'm not a career-oriented guy, and I don't have designs to inspire mass change. I just want to be known as an honest and trustworthy person who was a good friend to those close to me. If people looked back and remembered me fondly, remembered some funny things I did, and thought of me as someone who could be relied upon to help them in times of need and give helpful advice, that seems to me a perfectly excellent legacy to leave.

Over to you, gang.
RE: Leaving your legacy
That I lived a good life
No more than that Big Grin
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
I don't mind what happens after I die... I don't care what people think of me really.
When humanity dies out and the eventual end of the universe, none of it will matter... I'm just happy knowing I got to see a minuscule part of the universe and I could probably die happy knowing that.
Cunt
As the woman who transformed the united states into a syndicate and the herald of a new era as a united planet ready and willing to work together, free of all constraint, without a goal in the world save to meet each other's goals and compromise where they conflict.

That's how I'd like to be remembered... It isn't how I will be, but it is what I'd like to do and be known for Tongue

I think if I died right now, i'd be remembered as 'that eccentric chick'. I haven't accomplished anything worth remembering me for yet Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
I'd like my children and their children's children ad infinitum to be able to make a decent living off a sizable chunk of land that I devoted my entire life too. That's going to be my legacy. We want a happy place, I'm not wasting time looking for it, I'm going to build it.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Great men and women have ruled various parts of this world thousands of times over. I never knew Alexander the Great or Ghengis Khan. Julius Caesar means nothing to me, but I'm sure immediately after he was murdered, a great many people mourned his loss. Eventually, however, the accomplishments he had were stored in the memory of antiquity and who he actually was as an individual -- was forgotten. I guess my point is that no matter how much you want to leave your mark on this world, odds are it will not be appreciated and if it is, it will not be appreciated long. Your loved ones die, your grandchildren forget and the rest of the world just doesn't care.

A friend of mine died 5 years ago. We all loved him. The sad truth is, none of us give him a second thought these days ... and that is not his fault. Life is a limited time engagement and the legacy we THINK we are going to leave behind is just an illusion that we tell ourselves because no one wants to be forgotten.

I'm realistic. All I need when I die is for people to know that I tried, then to mourn me, and then go right back to enjoying their lives.
Bonus: I already know that I'm going to have those things. Great

[Image: Evolution.png]

I would just like to leave this world a little bit better than when I entered it.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

I never give it a moment's thought.
I wanna discover something, but not a disease, cause then my name is a disease and people hate it and curse the name, much better to invent a cure imo.
(October 25, 2011 at 1:32 pm)Stue Denim Wrote: I wanna discover something, but not a disease, cause then my name is a disease and people hate it and curse the name, much better to invent a cure imo.

How about a new sexual position?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Leaving FB Silver 14 1033 November 18, 2020 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Apollo
  Leaving Atheist Forums ScienceAf 16 3649 January 10, 2017 at 3:48 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  Leaving. tor 35 4562 March 26, 2014 at 9:04 pm
Last Post: Kayenneh
  Ivy (not EVIE) is really leaving for a bit Fruity 72 11049 September 23, 2013 at 3:23 am
Last Post: Dragonetti
  Leaving the forum for a while. leo-rcc 9 1875 October 29, 2010 at 9:57 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  Dark Legacy Comics Violet 2 2048 October 6, 2009 at 2:21 pm
Last Post: Violet