Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 30, 2024, 4:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God is a Mass Murderer
RE: God is a Mass Murderer
(May 8, 2020 at 10:02 am)masoni Wrote: the concept of the "holy trinity" was created to address this contradiction, but the father, son, and holy ghost continue to divide christians today.
Well, when you make up shit contradictions will occur.
(May 8, 2020 at 11:11 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(May 8, 2020 at 10:02 am)masoni Wrote: the concept of the "holy trinity" was created to address this contradiction, but the father, son, and holy ghost continue to divide christians today.
Well, when you make up shit contradictions will occur.

Pretty much everything divides Christians: does wafer really turns into flesh of Jesus; should they go to church every Sunday; should the priest rise the cup of vine over his head or not; do sins need to be forgiven in presence of priest or alone; should masses be sang or spoken or spoken in Latin; was Mary a virgin her whole life; did Jesus live in America; should priests be married; are abortions allowed or not; is prostitution ok or not; is contraception allowed or not; should nuns exist or not; etcetera.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(May 8, 2020 at 9:50 am)masoni Wrote:
(May 7, 2020 at 8:31 pm)WinterHold Wrote: His language is disgusting and doesn't even worth more than few words in reply.

god is a filthy fucking pig  Consoling

What about human governments? they have prisons for life too.
You seem stuck in a loop.

Do the innumerable misdeeds of human beings excuse a god for doing the same? This is why appeals to hypocrisy don't work.

I think that you should really lean into that, though. If you can understand the trouble with human prisons and who is stuck where for life, then you should be able to disabuse yourself of the notion that a good god does the same shitty things as a bad person.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Problem with religion is that it divides people (of different religions and even denominations) and creates tensions that frequently turn into bloodshed.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
[Image: 1588950186-20200508.png]
(May 8, 2020 at 10:02 am)masoni Wrote: threatening people with eternal damnation for not following him. seems pretty asshole-like to me.

By defining God in this way, which is certainly not the only definition, you include the conclusion in the definition. 

I get the impression you're not interested in talking about this. Maybe you're only here to repeat your emotional reactions? 

Anyway, here is a different view of hell, which comes from Neoplatonism but has long existed in Christianity as well. It's a minority, non-mainstream view, but a long-lasting one. (I understand that for some people on this forum, the term "Christianity" only refers to modern mainstream American Christianity. But there are other kinds.)

In the Christian Neoplatonic view, hell is a state not a location. God, in this tradition, is the One and the Good. It is complete integration and lack of conflict. The fall of man is not disobedience but perceptual closing, in which we forget that we are all part of the One and begin to focus on division and the selfhood. 

Hell, in this view, is the state of being in division. It is perceptual closure to the point where we only see the most obvious surfaces of things and not their infinite interconnectedness. It is the illusion which allows us to think we don't need others and can condemn them. 

God, in this view, condemns no one. We feel condemned or feel in a hellish condition because we perceive so little of the world. Going to heaven is not a spatial movement but a perceptual change. It can happen right where you're sitting. 

The condition of hell is maintained by a desire to continue in ignorance, by refusing to feel connection to others and to the environment, and by the pride of feeling that my selfhood is somehow better than others'. It is maintained by sitting around and calling other people assholes and saying "fuck those guys if they believe differently from me," instead of finding empathy and increasing one's own knowledge. 

Again, the rank and file who attend church in your neighborhood probably have never heard of this view. Nonetheless it is a longstanding part of Christianity, and some of the most interesting and intelligent Christians have written about it.
Quote:What about human governments? they have prisons for life too.
Human prisons at least give you the release of death .Plus any human government that acts like he god in the quran would be declared a rogue state
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(May 7, 2020 at 8:31 pm)WinterHold Wrote:
(May 7, 2020 at 4:38 pm)masoni Wrote: More murders have been committed in the holy name of God than for any other reason. (Well, children do tend to emulate their parents, so I guess that’s not too surprising.) God has variously commanded death to those who believe differently, (Exodus 22:19) those who have sex outside of marriage, (Leviticus 20:10/Leviticus 21:9) those who work on the Sabbath, (Exodus 31:12-15) homosexuals, (Romans 1:24-32) people who curse their parents, (Leviticus 20:9) and children who make fun of men who require Rogaine. (2 Kings 2:23-24) And that’s just for starters.

Humans don't need God's word to kill anybody.
God is just the scapegoat some use to justify their means.

The only killing animal is the human without morals.
if some god exists, that god doesn't care about the rape of a child, and, by extension, doesn't care about humans. that's how it is. live with it.
we humans are better than the loving, protector god, because we exist, and that god almost certainly does not

(May 7, 2020 at 8:47 pm)WinterHold Wrote:
(May 7, 2020 at 8:38 pm)Nay_Sayer Wrote: [Image: irony.gif]

No, I assume that an Egyptian in his age must've saw this -live-; I was there when it happened and I smelled the crisped corpses:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/August_201...a_massacre

so it's ironic to speak about religion, while forgetting about these army fucks. Religion is a scapegoat for murder. You keep that in mind Big Grin
Hehe
the koran contains at least 109 verses that speak of war with nonbelievers, usually on the basis of their status as non-muslims. some are quite graphic, with commands to chop off heads and fingers and kill infidels wherever they may be hiding. muslims who do not join the fight are called 'hypocrites' and warned that allah will send them to hell if they do not join the slaughter.
(May 7, 2020 at 8:59 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(May 7, 2020 at 4:47 pm)masoni Wrote: he says,you shall not kill,but he kills.
he contradicts himself

To be fair, the Sixth Commandment is best translated as, ‘Thou shalt not do murder’ and in a cultural context would have been interpreted as, ‘Thou shalt not kill adult Hebrew males who follow the Law unless you have a darned good reason, but everyone else is fair game.’

This is why God didn’t get all pissy about Moses murdering that Egyptian fellow.

Boru

[Image: --2020-05-09-045755.png]

'kill', 'murder' what's the difference in this case. killing a person for no good reason is murder, even if god told you to do that. well if you kill someone because god told you to. well people would think you're crazy
what about when god ordered joshua and his people to kill every man, woman and child in canaan?what crime could be so great that entire populations of cities were designated for destruction?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who is the murderer? Veni 18 2567 July 17, 2022 at 6:09 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Mass shooting in a school? Need God. Mass shooting in a church?.... Chad32 54 12523 November 14, 2017 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Sunday Morning Mass chuckle drfuzzy 3 1915 August 17, 2015 at 3:40 am
Last Post: robvalue
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 21595 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie
  Mormons quit church in mass resignation ceremony Ziploc Surprise 1 1888 July 5, 2012 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Freewill of Mass Murderers Forsaken 18 5798 February 17, 2012 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: jason56
  another cult commits mass suicide downbeatplumb 14 4903 May 31, 2011 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: DeistPaladin
  Back From Mass: RachelSkates 10 4312 August 29, 2010 at 1:25 am
Last Post: Disinter