Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 29, 2024, 9:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US police brutality item
RE: US police brutality item
(May 27, 2020 at 4:00 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(May 27, 2020 at 2:49 pm)Editz Wrote: Minnesota violence: Clashes over death of black man in police custody

The despicable police brutality of the arresting officers in the states of this man which's in the press. Why is the race of the participants the OVERWHELMING primary issue, according to the press, and not considered to be necessarily IRRELEVANT in the name of colourblindness, equality, unity and harmony? Is there in fact ANY evidence the arresting officers are racist, and not just power tripping thugged out c*nts? I'm yet to see it, if so. BTW - if there is to be a race war; I will be a conscientious objector - that's the easiest decision I've ever had to make. Over to you, Morgan.

[Image: 101003516_1342891969252945_1424206327810...e=5EF264CD]

Mr. Freeman’s comments notwithstanding, I think it’s perfectly acceptable to identify race in a story about racism. It’s immaterial at this point whether the racism is real or perceived.

It would be lovely if everyone could be colourblind in the interest of racial harmony, but we’re not there yet. And we won’t be as long as white cops keep murdering black people with impunity.

Boru

I actually don't see the merits in being 100% colorblind. Are people so irredeemable as to require blinders in order not to hate? It's okay to notice someone looks different from you. It's just not okay to treat them differently or expect them to have different rights because of it. I love admiring the diversity in our appearance. It would be a shame if we had to pretend not to notice because racists can't handle having more than one type of sneech on the beach.
Nope, I want colour blindness.
Some mad genius puts a chemical in the water and we all turn green.
That'll fuck the racists up...on all sides.
None of us deserve to have different colours.

What's worse than simple police brutality is when it's coupled with police indifference.

WARNING:  This shows an elderly man being shoved to the ground by police, and it's a little hard to watch.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I love recently how the right accuse the left of inciting violence while perfectly happy inciting state violence .
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(June 6, 2020 at 5:05 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: What's worse than simple police brutality is when it's coupled with police indifference.

WARNING:  This shows an elderly man being shoved to the ground by police, and it's a little hard to watch.

Boru

Note that 57 Buffalo PD resigned from the unit after this.... because they think it was unfair they were suspended for just following orders.  Of course, they didn't resign from the police force.  Or give any care about the 75 year old man shoved to the ground by one of their officers, bleeding from his ear.  And people wonder why people are saying All Cops Are Bad.
"Tradition" is just a word people use to make themselves feel better about being an asshole.
(June 6, 2020 at 10:33 am)Divinity Wrote:
(June 6, 2020 at 5:05 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: What's worse than simple police brutality is when it's coupled with police indifference.

Boru

Note that 57 Buffalo PD resigned from the unit after this.... because they think it was unfair they were suspended for just following orders.  Of course, they didn't resign from the police force.  Or give any care about the 75 year old man shoved to the ground by one of their officers, bleeding from his ear.  And people wonder why people are saying All Cops Are Bad.

I haven’t seen their orders, but I’m fairly certain they didn’t include ‘Knock down elderly people and ignore any resulting injuries.’

Any cops who resigned because the higher-up decide that shove an old man to the ground is a bad thing are people you probably don’t want to have badges and guns in the first place.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(June 5, 2020 at 11:58 pm)Shell B Wrote:
(May 27, 2020 at 4:00 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Mr. Freeman’s comments notwithstanding, I think it’s perfectly acceptable to identify race in a story about racism. It’s immaterial at this point whether the racism is real or perceived.

It would be lovely if everyone could be colourblind in the interest of racial harmony, but we’re not there yet. And we won’t be as long as white cops keep murdering black people with impunity.

Boru

I actually don't see the merits in being 100% colorblind. Are people so irredeemable as to require blinders in order not to hate? It's okay to notice someone looks different from you. It's just not okay to treat them differently or expect them to have different rights because of it. I love admiring the diversity in our appearance. It would be a shame if we had to pretend not to notice because racists can't handle having more than one type of sneech on the beach.

I try to view "race" as being on a par with male pattern baldness, needing spectacles, being tall/short etc - a physical manifestation of genetics which should incur no advantage or disadvantage and is not worth mentioning in fact, as the individual a) is not responsible for the feature and b) there is no logical reason that feature should be judged important, overwhelmingly. 

Note that all of the features I cited at the start of this post have/do at some time attract negative stigma and fallout, sadly, due to cultural fuckups and ignorance, like with racism. Perseverance is needed and other platitudes...there is hope, yes indeed.
I’m not sure comparing systemic racism and childhood bullying for wearing glasses and being called 4 eyes to N****r will win many people over in this argument, but I can echo that the value of words vs value of traits is an important point to discuss. Notice I said discuss and not dismiss.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
Color blind

Apologies for the format, quoting technique fail:

Boru said: "I think it’s perfectly acceptable to identify race in a story about racism."

My reply to that is that perhaps you should review the thread title, which I created, much as Yahweh created his cup of coffee this morning.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Palestinian Man’s Lawyers Say Israeli Police Marked Him With Star of David WinterHold 8 699 August 23, 2023 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Defunding Police not working out. onlinebiker 51 2889 October 1, 2021 at 11:12 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Columbus Police Shooting onlinebiker 43 3013 April 25, 2021 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Please Justify This Police Action For Me BrianSoddingBoru4 251 19765 February 5, 2021 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  UK Police officer gets stuck in handcuffs in training zebo-the-fat 10 1032 August 19, 2020 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Seattle Chief of Police resigns Due Budget Cuts onlinebiker 68 3444 August 13, 2020 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Minneapolis Abolish Police The Architect Of Fate 82 4969 June 12, 2020 at 10:01 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  London police to roll out facial recognition CCTV Duty 22 1635 January 24, 2020 at 9:55 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Maldives police tahaadi 3 344 September 26, 2018 at 11:43 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Arizona police violently beat unarmed man zebo-the-fat 12 1486 June 8, 2018 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4