Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US police brutality item
US police brutality item
Minnesota violence: Clashes over death of black man in police custody

The despicable police brutality of the arresting officers in the states of this man which's in the press. Why is the race of the participants the OVERWHELMING primary issue, according to the press, and not considered to be necessarily IRRELEVANT in the name of colourblindness, equality, unity and harmony? Is there in fact ANY evidence the arresting officers are racist, and not just power tripping thugged out c*nts? I'm yet to see it, if so. BTW - if there is to be a race war; I will be a conscientious objector - that's the easiest decision I've ever had to make. Over to you, Morgan.

[Image: 101003516_1342891969252945_1424206327810...e=5EF264CD]
RE: US police brutality item
Probably has something to do with armed covidiots being able to storm a capitol building without getting gassed.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
That's about as impenetrable as comments come TGN - WTF are you on about? lolz

Oh, hang on, you mean those armed Tea Party type lockdown "protestors" - I getcha! Neat.
Is it?

The linked article has it's backstory as yet another black man being murdered by police, and updates with yet another example of the difference between protesting while black, and protesting while white. Is my comment or the focus on the racial aspect of these events really impenetrable or incomprehensible?

(May 27, 2020 at 3:07 pm)Editz Wrote:
Oh, hang on, you mean those armed Tea Party type lockdown "protestors" - I getcha! Neat.

Good, good. I was wondering whether I was taking crazy pills, or you just missed some news, lol.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 27, 2020 at 2:49 pm)Editz Wrote: Minnesota violence: Clashes over death of black man in police custody

The despicable police brutality of the arresting officers in the states of this man which's in the press. Why is the race of the participants the OVERWHELMING primary issue, according to the press, and not considered to be necessarily IRRELEVANT in the name of colourblindness, equality, unity and harmony? Is there in fact ANY evidence the arresting officers are racist, and not just power tripping thugged out c*nts? I'm yet to see it, if so. BTW - if there is to be a race war; I will be a conscientious objector - that's the easiest decision I've ever had to make. Over to you, Morgan.

Mr. Freeman’s comments notwithstanding, I think it’s perfectly acceptable to identify race in a story about racism. It’s immaterial at this point whether the racism is real or perceived.

It would be lovely if everyone could be colourblind in the interest of racial harmony, but we’re not there yet. And we won’t be as long as white cops keep murdering black people with impunity.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(May 27, 2020 at 2:49 pm)Editz Wrote: . Over to you, Morgan.

If only it were that easy. Knowing that race is a concept that exists solely to marginalize people and create categories to Other people and has no real basis in any underlying reality, it’s so tempting to think Morgan’s idea is the way to go, but it’s becoming clearer that trying to do so is to just not going to work. 

That said, the past eight years’ approach of bringing it out into the open... Frankly, all I’m seeing is people doubling down on their ideologies. If being more open about racial issues helped on a macro level, somehow, I get the feeling that we wouldn’t have a resurgence of open white supremacy, and Donald Trump’s political career would have gone the way of dozens of openly racist candidates who run for office and are lucky if they get votes in the triple-digits.

My hypothesis is that, frankly, racism is going to be a problem until the last man on Earth decides to stab the mirror because he thinks his skin got a bit too dark in the sun today. Why? Because it’s becoming clear that there’s something inherent in human nature that makes people really, really, want to find some way to think of themselves as special, to think of others as different and some others as inferior. This might be a consequence of the innate human inability to sustain relationships with more than 150 people at a time. Whatever the cause is, It’s become clear to me that this these underlying defects are the underlying reason that we can’t unring that bell. You could argue that people are fundamentally good, but the more I look, it becomes clearer that this is only from a fairly close vantage point. Pull back far enough and the good starts to disappear.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
The only race on this planet is human.

We just have a lot of people that insist they and people who look like them are special.

I love Morgan Freeman. The man can smoke a blunt and still be more coherent and insightful than 99 percent of the planet. I don't agree with all he says - but he has my respect.
If we applied Freemans solution to any other problem, it would seem absurd on it's face.

I'll stop talking about that lion and you stop talking about that bear and we'll have solved our lions and bears problems.  In mere reality, ignoring race™ creates problems just as surely and for the same reason that ignoring lions and bears creates a lion and bear problem.  Racial apathy achieves all of the practical ends of antipathy with none of the work.
(May 27, 2020 at 5:37 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: If we applied Freemans solution to any other problem, it would seem absurd on it's face.

I'll stop talking about that lion and you stop talking about that bear and we'll have solved our lions and bears problems.  In mere reality, ignoring race™ creates problems just as surely and for the same reason that ignoring lions and bears creates a lion and bear problem.  Racial apathy achieves all of the practical ends of antipathy with none of the work.
You want to end obsession by obsessing about it....

Yeah - THAT should work...

Dodgy
I suspect it would work better than ignoring problems, or pretending that we didn't have them. Sure.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Palestinian Man’s Lawyers Say Israeli Police Marked Him With Star of David WinterHold 8 641 August 23, 2023 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Defunding Police not working out. onlinebiker 51 2521 October 1, 2021 at 11:12 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Columbus Police Shooting onlinebiker 43 2722 April 25, 2021 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Please Justify This Police Action For Me BrianSoddingBoru4 251 17487 February 5, 2021 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  UK Police officer gets stuck in handcuffs in training zebo-the-fat 10 946 August 19, 2020 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Seattle Chief of Police resigns Due Budget Cuts onlinebiker 68 3285 August 13, 2020 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Minneapolis Abolish Police The Architect Of Fate 82 4628 June 12, 2020 at 10:01 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  London police to roll out facial recognition CCTV Duty 22 1471 January 24, 2020 at 9:55 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Maldives police tahaadi 3 321 September 26, 2018 at 11:43 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Arizona police violently beat unarmed man zebo-the-fat 12 1405 June 8, 2018 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4