Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 11:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
The Official "Damned Trump" Thread
RE: The Official "Damned Trump" Thread
(January 7, 2021 at 8:05 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: It looks like it’s a bit more complicated than that, Boru. While officially convicting Trump would require a supermajority, and that may not be likely, it turns out there’s a separate procedure for disqualifying him from office and there is indeed precedent for a simple majority. And, even assuming the votes all fall on party lines like last time, it turns out that, with the recent election of two Dems from Georgia to the Senate, and the two independents who caucus with the Democratic Party, there would be a tie. And with VP Kamala Harris acting as tiebreaker in the senate, such a majority is more or less there. And if some Republicans break the old  party line after this shit, a majority is all but guaranteed.

All of the cases mentioned in your article are about disqualification votes AFTER the party in question was convicted by the Senate. Disqualification is the punishment for the conviction.

In other words, the Senate cannot bar Trump from future office holding until it convicts him. And the conviction requires a supermajority vote.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
I wonder if the odds of pence pardoning trump changed when he got labeled an enemy of the people? Pence, I mean.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Meanwhile, Trump and his family watching the terrorist attack at the Capitol

Edit, it has been removed because of the background song, so here's from Facebook which is muted in some countries

Direct link
https://www.facebook.com/186842420994378...1550743636
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
No sooner had the president lied about not knowing what was going on than someone pointed out that his dumbass son posted video of them watching it live on twitter beforehand.

This whole family is just balls to the wall dumb. Good genes my ass.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(January 8, 2021 at 10:01 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: No sooner had the president lied about not knowing what was going on than someone pointed out that his dumbass son posted video of them watching it live on twitter beforehand.

This whole family is just balls to the wall dumb.  Good genes my ass.

Thank the stars for their incompetence.
Why is it so?
~Julius Sumner Miller
I gotta wonder....

Where are you guys going to post in a couple weeks when the subject of your ire goes away?

Going to combine the thread with the "Damned Bush/Reagan/Ford/Nixon" one?

Or just gnaw on your knuckles for 4 years?

Popcorn
Trump will continue to run his mouth.  The difference is only right wing propaganda networks will cover it daily and only alt right fan boys and closet Trump Humpers will lap it up.
(January 8, 2021 at 11:35 am)onlinebiker Wrote: I gotta wonder....

Where are you guys going to post in a couple weeks when the subject of your ire goes away?

Popcorn

I don't think anyone here thinks that everything is going to be okay after the inauguration.  There's still a lot to unfold that has the Trump stink on it.  What it should be is a lesson...but it won't be.  

When something goes horribly wrong it takes a while to heal.

Some of us will continue to be wary of the goings on.  You can read and comment on other threads if you are done with the topic...if you can switch it on and off like a light switch, perhaps you should employ that method of dealing.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(January 8, 2021 at 11:35 am)onlinebiker Wrote: I gotta wonder....

Popcorn

I think most people will post about whatever they damn well please.  And you will apparently read it and fart all over it because, I suppose, you have nothing better to do with your life.

(January 8, 2021 at 11:46 am)arewethereyet Wrote: I don't think anyone here thinks that everything is going to be okay after the inauguration.  There's still a lot to unfold that has the Trump stink on it.  What it should be is a lesson...but it won't be.  

When something goes horribly wrong it takes a while to heal.

Some of us will continue to be wary of the goings on.  You can read and comment on other threads if you are done with the topic...if you can switch it on and off like a light switch, perhaps you should employ that method of dealing.

Trump's rise to power began during Obama's tenure; I don't remember if it was first or second term but it was the "tea party" movement that started it all and Trump basically just jumped aboard that moving train.  That contingent of voters still exists and demonstrated during this election that they can produce large numbers of votes.  My reasonable side says that the Democratic Party should reach out to those people and build bridges, find ways to address their concerns.  Unfortunately, looking at recent history, I doubt that will be possible and this gap between those people voting on myth and misinformation and everyone else will just continue to grow until the country just breaks apart.  There will always be a radical wing of every base, but the radical right is now the entire base and I just don't know how to deal with that.  If history is any indication, the US is in for some difficult times ahead.
Why is it so?
~Julius Sumner Miller
(January 8, 2021 at 11:40 am)Ranjr Wrote: Trump will continue to run his mouth.  The difference is only right wing propaganda networks will cover it daily and only alt right fan boys and closet Trump Humpers will lap it up.

I dunno....

Does Fox have an affiliate in Uraguay so they can cover it?

Heh

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Official Gosh Darned Biden Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 464 30780 November 15, 2022 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  The Official 'Damned Cruz' Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 103 5166 April 9, 2021 at 4:32 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1154 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Damned if you do, damned if you don't. onlinebiker 37 2737 August 7, 2019 at 5:25 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Damned Racists, Vol II Minimalist 323 28530 August 3, 2019 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Damned Republicunts Minimalist 1793 299477 March 27, 2019 at 11:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 37172 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  Damned Texans Minimalist 201 30851 March 31, 2017 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  I'm awfully confused: how do Trump supporters relate to Trump NuclearEnergy 11 3237 March 7, 2017 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  It's official, the election was stolen GUBU 77 9925 December 11, 2016 at 11:30 am
Last Post: vorlon13