Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 27, 2024, 10:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
The Official "Damned Trump" Thread
RE: The Official "Damned Trump" Thread
Quote:The statistics say otherwise. The middle hated Trump, but they hated Hillary more, and that swung key states and districts.
For groups like the Tea partiers, Trump was a natural extension whether Hilary ran or not.
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(March 3, 2021 at 1:33 am)SUNGULA Wrote:
Quote:The statistics say otherwise. The middle hated Trump, but they hated Hillary more, and that swung key states and districts.
For groups like the Tea partiers, Trump was a natural extension whether Hilary ran or not.

That's nice. Now all you need is evidence.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(March 2, 2021 at 7:59 pm)Rhizomorph13 Wrote:
(March 2, 2021 at 6:13 pm)Nomad Wrote: The ten million people denied their right to vote "won" it for him.  Because the vast majority (between 70% and 95% depending on demographics) of them would have voted Hilary Clinton if their right to vote were upheld.

Oh, and the same thing happened in 2020, to a slightly lesser extent (c. 8.5 million citizens illegally disenfranchised).  Florida and Ohio would have voted Biden in a free and fair election, and probably Texas and North Carolina too.

Can you support that claim with evidence? This is the first I've heard. I'm not challenging you, I'm genuinely interested. Please provide a link to the evidence.

https://www.gregpalast.com/. Read through the archives, Palast has extensively and exhaustively documented the voter stealing.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
Are we still arguing about why Trump won in 2016?

It's simple, and it had absolutely nothing to do with voter turnout. It had everything to do with a broken Electoral College choosing Trump over the popular vote. And it was not the first time it happened where a Republican was chosen by the EC over the Democratic popular vote, and it will not be the last so long as the EC is allowed to exist.

Am I the only one who actually understands anything in this world? Especially since the EC has never elected a Democrat against the popular vote of a Republican. Seriously, just me?
(March 2, 2021 at 12:43 pm)Angrboda Wrote:
(March 2, 2021 at 3:22 am)SUNGULA Wrote: Nope if Dems had run Bernie or anyone else Trump still would have won. He was the natural evolution of the Republican party.

Trump was literally what a whole segment has wanted. A Trump has been coming down the pipeline for decades.

Nope they wanted Trump

The statistics say otherwise.  The middle hated Trump, but they hated Hillary more, and that swung key states and districts.

Didn't swing shit.  She won the pop vote in a landslide.  In fact, she won it by a historic margin that would only be eclipsed by the next democrat candidates even more historic margin.

It's almost as if they were pissed about democracy not working, or something. The left hates trumpism because it rubs against their values. The middle hates trumpism because it says the quiet parts (that they agree with!) out loud....the far right bows at the altar of their new god.

Good luck to all of em. Especially the far right, they're gonna need it.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(March 3, 2021 at 12:21 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote:
(March 2, 2021 at 12:43 pm)Angrboda Wrote: The statistics say otherwise.  The middle hated Trump, but they hated Hillary more, and that swung key states and districts.

Didn't swing shit.  She won the pop vote in a landslide.  In fact, she won it by a historic margin that would only be eclipsed by the next democrat candidates even more historic margin.

It's almost as if they were pissed about democracy not working, or something. The left hates trumpism because it rubs against their values.  The middle hates trumpism because it says the quiet parts (that they agree with!) out loud....the far right bows at the altar of their new god.

Good luck to all of em.  Especially the far right, they're gonna need it.

Okay, Boomer. Coffee
I'm an elder millennial, thankyou.

That might help to explain why I think that the far right needs good luck. The propaganda of fascist totalitarianism hasn't -just- worked on far right millennials. It's worked on us all. We became adults when the towers fell. The patriot act is our normal. It will be used against domestics, now.

When the right wing of our parents generation, the middle man between boomers and ourselves..... said, "don't write these laws or engage in these policies because it's a slippery slope"...it was a disingenuous argument for their needs - but here we are in that future. High time for a little peacekeeping in The Homeland.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(March 3, 2021 at 8:50 am)Eleven Wrote: Are we still arguing about why Trump won in 2016?

It's simple, and it had absolutely nothing to do with voter turnout. It had everything to do with a broken Electoral College choosing Trump over the popular vote. And it was not the first time it happened where a Republican was chosen by the EC over the Democratic popular vote, and it will not be the last so long as the EC is allowed to exist.

Am I the only one who actually understands anything in this world? Especially since the EC has never elected a Democrat against the popular vote of a Republican. Seriously, just me?

Even with the electoral college anti-democratic nonsense, an otherwise free and fair election (you know, the kinds of election the US insists some* foreign countries engage in) would have seen Hilary Clinton romp home in a landslide.

*Except when there's not a corrupt far-right dictator to support, obviously.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(March 3, 2021 at 1:35 am)Angrboda Wrote:
(March 3, 2021 at 1:33 am)SUNGULA Wrote: For groups like the Tea partiers, Trump was a natural extension whether Hilary ran or not.

That's nice.  Now all you need is evidence.
1. Are you suggesting Tea Partiers would have voted democrat if they had not run Hilary as a candidate? That seems unlikely.

2. So far your evidence is "statistics say so " according to you .....Not very compelling I'm afraid

(March 3, 2021 at 12:21 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote:
(March 2, 2021 at 12:43 pm)Angrboda Wrote: The statistics say otherwise.  The middle hated Trump, but they hated Hillary more, and that swung key states and districts.

It's almost as if they were pissed about democracy not working, or something. The left hates trumpism because it rubs against their values.  The middle hates trumpism because it says the quiet parts (that they agree with!) out loud....the far right bows at the altar of their new god.

Good luck to all of em.  Especially the far right, they're gonna need it.
A lot of truth here
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(March 3, 2021 at 4:23 pm)SUNGULA Wrote:
(March 3, 2021 at 1:35 am)Angrboda Wrote: That's nice.  Now all you need is evidence.
1. Are you suggesting Tea Partiers would have voted democrat if they had not run Hilary as a candidate? That seems unlikely.

I'm suggesting you provide some evidence for your hypothesis. I could give a rat's ass if you find me compelling.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Official Gosh Darned Biden Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 464 31512 November 15, 2022 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  The Official 'Damned Cruz' Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 103 5182 April 9, 2021 at 4:32 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1167 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Damned if you do, damned if you don't. onlinebiker 37 2758 August 7, 2019 at 5:25 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Damned Racists, Vol II Minimalist 323 28614 August 3, 2019 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Damned Republicunts Minimalist 1793 303251 March 27, 2019 at 11:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 37218 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  Damned Texans Minimalist 201 30880 March 31, 2017 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  I'm awfully confused: how do Trump supporters relate to Trump NuclearEnergy 11 3255 March 7, 2017 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  It's official, the election was stolen Pat Mustard 77 9950 December 11, 2016 at 11:30 am
Last Post: vorlon13