Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 25, 2024, 11:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
A question about atheistic “beliefs” (opinions, guesses, etc.)
RE: A question about atheistic “beliefs” (opinions, guesses, etc.)
It's not a guess. The OP is being obtuse in every possible way, and everyone here responding to him is just eating from his open hand full of bait.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(June 26, 2021 at 4:43 pm)Sal Wrote: Ridiculous semantic game aside, why does the word "atheist" bother you so much?

Because he is a theist. Sure, he will deny that too, but he is a card carrying member of the god bothering fraternity. He has quite the internet footprint. Ask him about his time in Italy, why not?
(June 26, 2021 at 5:53 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: ...we're all individuals! Grow up, and stop whining about being misunderstood.

I?

Whining?

I am laughing my ass off at you people.

Your reactions to my posts are hilarious.

I'm loving this.

No whining!

[Image: tenor.gif]

(June 26, 2021 at 10:37 pm)Paleophyte Wrote:
(June 26, 2021 at 5:45 am)Frank Apisa Wrote: 1)  It is not a belief. It is an opinion.

Changing the word doesn't change the underlying reality. A baseless opinion is a belief. Your opinion about you being right is baseless.

Quote:2)  There is no such thing as "the dictionary." There are dictionaries. And some say that I am correct. 

You mean the ones from 70 years ago? Amazing what you can demonstrate when you cherry pick your definitions.

Quote:3)  Most atheists do not tell me that I am wrong about what they "believe"...they try to sell the bullshit that they do not do "believing." Glad we both realize they are bull of shit.

See, this is you telling others what they think.

Quote:4)  I do not do believing. I do not hold anything to be true despite a lack of evidence.

Congratulations on being the only person living to never have been wrong. What a silly, close-minded belief.

I have been wrong many, many times. And when I am wrong in a post on the Internet...I acknowledge being wrong and apologize.

How often have you done that?

Anyway...thanks for adding to my enjoyment in this forum.

You atheists are so funny.

[Image: 1N4p.gif]

(June 26, 2021 at 11:51 pm)Abaddon_ire Wrote:
(June 25, 2021 at 3:22 pm)Frank Apisa Wrote: What is there to explain?

If someone says "There are no gods"...he is making a blind guess. If he says, "I 'believe' there are no gods" he is still making a blind guess...but disguising the fact that he is doing so by calling it a "belief."

I do not believe in any god/s. How is that a guess?

On planet sausage?

My guess is that you "believe" there are no gods...or you "believe" it is more likely that there are no gods than that there is at least one.

That is my guess.

Are you saying you do NOT "believe" one of those things?
(June 27, 2021 at 12:17 am)Abaddon_ire Wrote:
(June 26, 2021 at 4:43 pm)Sal Wrote: Ridiculous semantic game aside, why does the word "atheist" bother you so much?

Because he is a theist. Sure, he will deny that too, but he is a card carrying member of the god bothering fraternity. He has quite the internet footprint. Ask him about his time in Italy, why not?

Oh hellz to the no. Our side isn’t claiming this troll. There was this SNL skit...
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
(June 27, 2021 at 12:17 am)Abaddon_ire Wrote:

I spent five days in Italy when I was in service. I was stationed in England. The Catholic chaplain of the base I was on set up a retreat to Rome...and I was one of the lucky 20 or so who got to go. Father Heyburn, the chaplain, got to say Mass in St. Peter's Basilica in the Vatican...and I served at that Mass. Even though I gave up that religious crap years ago, that event is still a treasured memory. We managed to attend a general audience with the Pope also...Pope Pius XII at the papal summer residence, Castel Gandolfo. But that was back when I was serving in the USAF...in SAC.

So...in your mind, is that something I ought to be ashamed of...or is it something that should be remembered fondly?

By the way, I would no more be a theist than I would be one of you atheistic assholes.
Now that's settled, let's move onto better and brighter threads.
(June 27, 2021 at 6:13 am)Foxaire Wrote: Now that's settled, let's move onto better and brighter threads.

Okay...where we goin'?
(June 27, 2021 at 5:47 am)Frank Apisa Wrote:
(June 26, 2021 at 5:53 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: ...we're all individuals! Grow up, and stop whining about being misunderstood.

I?

Whining?

I'm loving this.

Thank you for admitting that you’re trolling, dummy.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(June 27, 2021 at 9:45 am)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(June 27, 2021 at 5:47 am)Frank Apisa Wrote: I?

Whining?

I'm loving this.

Thank you for admitting that you’re trolling, dummy.

I am not trolling. Because one is having fun, laughing, and enjoying the reactions of people to various posts...is not an indication of trolling...except to the morbidly stupid...or to those people who do not know what fun and enjoyment are.

Every consider some courses in logic?
(June 27, 2021 at 9:53 am)Frank Apisa Wrote:
(June 27, 2021 at 9:45 am)LadyForCamus Wrote: Thank you for admitting that you’re trolling, dummy.

I am not trolling. Because one is having fun, laughing, and enjoying the reactions of people to various posts...is not an indication of trolling...except to the morbidly stupid.

Meh. That’s just a blind guess. Atheist. 😏
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  There are no "isms" just beliefs and positions. Brian37 14 1323 September 1, 2021 at 5:19 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Atheistic calendar Interaktive 38 3853 December 26, 2019 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  What is wrong with theistic beliefs? Whateverist 65 7364 November 30, 2018 at 5:04 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Make up your own atheistic quote Transcended Dimensions 56 9993 October 30, 2017 at 9:04 am
Last Post: brewer
  Could Gods hypothetically be atheistic scientists? causal code 5 2689 August 24, 2017 at 12:17 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Atheistic religions Der/die AtheistIn 21 6974 August 10, 2017 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  The second most atheistic group in the world is... Gawdzilla Sama 15 3705 December 2, 2016 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Why people afraid to ask questions about their beliefs? Torin 21 4633 August 13, 2016 at 1:08 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Life's meaning when you are an atheist - reality, struggle, etc. bussta33 11 4471 December 11, 2015 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Beliefs, Significant Others and Compromises Bob Kelso 20 5077 September 6, 2015 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut