Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 25, 2024, 11:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE Gun Thread
RE: THE Gun Thread
Quote:Why would you give access to unqualified people?

Is that not exactly what you have been bleating about?

All gun safes could have the exact same keying - and contain the same type firearm that all of those who.volunteer for this program and complete the training will be versed in using.

Furthermore - ---

The program would be administrated by local law enforcement - who check the equipment every week.

Also - during that check - along with the firearm they would include two colored armbands - which the teacher would put on when taking out the firearm. (color would change weekly.)

That way when law enforcement does arrive on scene - they don' t shoot those teachers with guns trying to protect the kids.
Wow a long convoluted plan that relies on a thousand things going right .....Nothing is going to go wrong there

Or we could just acknowledge the fact that guns in schools are impractical ...... Dodgy
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(August 8, 2022 at 10:31 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote:
(August 8, 2022 at 10:22 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: And if pigs had wings they' d fly.

Guns are here..they are not going away however much you wish they would.

Find a way to deal with that reality.
And we can’t just regulate who we allow to use them (like every other developed nation) because…
Also, note tomato never said any guns period he said no guns in school 

Also, note no other country needs volunteer gun touters to keep kids from dying... Dodgy
"Change was inevitable"

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

So let's sum up 

1. This whole idea is built on a false premise that shooters target "no go zones" they don't the target places that will have the most shock value or a place that has personnel significance the presence or lack of presence of guns plays no provable role in deterrence.... Dodgy

2. Point to rare instances where a civilian successfully take out a shooter proves nothing and flies in the face of basic psychology.... Dodgy

3. Convoluted plans were a great many extra steps are needed to facilitate a weapon on school premises when there is no actual evidence it would even work and every reason it would fail is a bad policy .... Dodgy
"Change was inevitable"

–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(August 8, 2022 at 11:00 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote:
(August 8, 2022 at 10:08 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Can they afford computers?

A biometric safe costs less.

It need not be a rifle. A revolver would suffice.

Why would you have it unloaded? Are you really THAT dense?

And we already said VOLUNTEERS WITH TRAINING.

.can't help noticing you inventing problems.
I mentioned a rifle because the story that started this whole discussion about guns in schools was about a North Carolina sheriff deciding to give all his schools an AR-15.

Why have it unloaded? Because, looking at rules for safe gun storage, It’s generally considered best practice to keep guns unloaded until they’re needed to fire.
When your security feature needs security features to prevent it from becoming a threat. There might be an issue the solution.
"Change was inevitable"

–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Four hissy outbursts in a row Helen...

That' s new record for you.

And I still don' t give a fuck....

Stalking bitch.
I suspect it would have been less if the mods hadn't removed the function that allowed the boards to merge consecutive posts.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Quote:Four hissy outbursts in a row Helen..
Lol, only a clueless moron like you would interpret my comments as a" hissy fit " or an" outburst " Debbie..... 🤣

Quote:That' s new record for you.
Considering non of my comments were hissy fits I would have to disagree. Because unlike you I don't do that..... 🤣

Quote:And I still don' t give a fuck....
Yet here you are bellyaching about it like the triggered little snowflake you are... 🤣

Quote:Stalking bitch.
When you learn what stalking is let me know because what I'm doing isn't it. Now any more childish table slamming you want to engage in Debbie...🤣
"Change was inevitable"

–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(August 9, 2022 at 12:52 am)Rev. Rye Wrote: I suspect it would have been less if the mods hadn't removed the function that allowed the boards to merge consecutive posts.
Nah my critiques would likely be the same amount as I probably would have just waited a while to post the next one. I really didn't care for the old structure it made posts look jumbled together.
"Change was inevitable"

–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Debbie in a nutshell Bwahahahaha!!!

[Image: 6pcxgp.jpg]
"Change was inevitable"

–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(August 8, 2022 at 10:18 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:
(August 8, 2022 at 7:47 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: If you have a safe in each room of the school, then ALL school personnel (not just teachers) would need to have access. For example, if there’s a gun safe in the mop cupboard, it isn’t going to do much good if the nearest ‘approved teacher’ is two corridors away. Similarly, a gun safe in a room with a non-approved teacher would be useless.

You really think all those people - cafeteria workers, administrators, janitors, etc - would volunteer?

Boru

Why would you give access to unqualified people?

Is that not exactly what you have been bleating about?

All gun safes could have the exact same keying - and contain the same type firearm that all of those who.volunteer for this program and complete the training will be versed in using.

Furthermore - ---

The program would be administrated by local law enforcement - who check the equipment every week.

Also - during that check - along with the firearm they would include two colored armbands - which the teacher would put on when taking out the firearm. (color would change weekly.)

That way when law enforcement does arrive on scene - they don' t shoot those teachers with guns trying to protect the kids.

But you said, 'a gun safe in every [emphasis mine] room'. Unless you get 100% of the school staff to volunteer, this necessarily means you're going to have gun safes in rooms where the occupants aren't qualified and (based on what you said earlier) wouldn't be able to access the safes.

If you only put the gun safes in the rooms where you do have trained, qualified volunteers, it's going to be pretty hard to keep the secret about which teachers have access to the guns - if the school shooter is a student and has a weapon in his backpack, what stops him from shooting his teacher first?

What if three of the school's 30 teachers are out sick on the same day? How do you propose to make sure the three substitute teachers you're going to need are trained in the use of firearms? How would you manage the biometric issue?

I can think of several more problems with your proposal, but those will do to be going on with.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gun Control Leonardo17 38 1736 November 12, 2023 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Why have a gun? onlinebiker 91 4129 April 6, 2022 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Gun Church buys 40-Acre Compound Foxaèr 12 1179 May 28, 2021 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Another gun discussion part deux. Drich 66 2894 October 8, 2020 at 1:13 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Thumbs Down Gun Control Crowd Safer? - and a control group onlinebiker 131 10440 April 21, 2020 at 5:24 am
  This Is NOT A Gun Control Thread!! BrianSoddingBoru4 34 1823 February 28, 2020 at 4:15 pm
  Yes, Kids - ANOTHER Gun Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 16 1274 September 14, 2019 at 5:51 pm
  More gun deaths zebo-the-fat 42 4043 September 6, 2019 at 10:20 am
Last Post: Vince
  New Gun Regulations In The US Would Be Really, Really Stupid BrianSoddingBoru4 135 12490 May 6, 2019 at 4:55 am
  "A good guy with a gun" saves the day, only to be shot dead himself Aegon 30 3305 November 14, 2018 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: Angrboda