Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 27, 2024, 12:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russia and Ukraine
RE: Russia and Ukraine
2014-2017, too. They're learning on the job.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Russia:
Invades Moldova 1992
Flattens Grozny 1999
Uses polonium in UK 2006
Cyber attacks Estonia 2007
Invades Georgia 2008
Invades Crimea & Eastern Ukraine 2014
Downs MH17 2014
Flattens Aleppo 2015
Uses Novicok 2018
Invades Ukraine more 2022

Also Russia: West is so aggressive
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(March 3, 2023 at 2:10 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: Russia:
Invades Moldova 1992
Flattens Grozny 1999
Uses polonium in UK 2006
Cyber attacks Estonia 2007
Invades Georgia 2008
Invades Crimea & Eastern Ukraine 2014
Downs MH17 2014
Flattens Aleppo 2015
Uses Novicok 2018
Invades Ukraine more 2022

Also Russia: West is so aggressive

Its all self defense, dont you know? God you are SO manipulated by the corporate media. US/NATO/"the west" is doing the same. Its Russias legitimate political interest. Russia one was and still deserves to be a big empire, ruling over many other nations. Economic war against Russia. India...China....
Secret macchinations of the west.

Buzzwords
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse
(March 1, 2023 at 12:37 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Apparently, the Wagner Group are being sent into Bakhmut, because it makes more sense for professional mercenaries to declare victory over a smoking pile of rubble that it does for regular troops to do the same.

Boru

I don’t know about the US media coverage of this issue. But in West Africa they are murdering the locals, looting, raping, and torturing their own allies while posing as anti-colonialist forces who are hostile to the West (mainly the French and Germans) who were there only to support local armies against several terrorist groups who are plaguing the region (probably also with the support of some sort of foreign player / possibly Saudi Arabia).

https://www.yahoo.com/news/russia-shadow...04865.html
[Image: 7151bc275de2d3d422106a4008215efe.jpg]

(March 2, 2023 at 6:07 am)GUBU Wrote:
(February 25, 2023 at 10:16 am)brewer Wrote: argumentum ad populum?

Not even that.  Nine of those countries are either dictatorships or near dictatorships where the will of the people is not taken into account.

Good point Smile

Quote:MOSCOW/FRANKFURT, March 3 (Reuters) - Russia's ruptured undersea Nord Stream gas pipelines are set to be sealed up and mothballed as there are no immediate plans to repair or reactivate them, sources familiar with the plans have told Reuters.

Nord Stream 1 and Nord Stream 2, each consisting of two pipes, were built by Russia's state-controlled Gazprom to pump 110 billion cubic metres (bcm) of natural gas a year to Germany under the Baltic Sea.

Three of the pipes were ruptured by unexplained blasts in September, and one of the Nord Stream 2 pipes remains intact.

But soaring tensions between Moscow and the West over Russia's invasion of Ukraine had by then already brought Nord Stream 1 to a standstill and prevented its twin, criticised by Washington and Kyiv for increasing Germany's dependence on Russia, ever coming online.

Gazprom has said it is technically possible to repair the ruptured lines, but two sources familiar with plans said Moscow saw little prospect of relations with the West improving enough in the foreseeable future for the pipelines to be needed.

(March 2, 2023 at 6:49 am)Belacqua Wrote:
(March 2, 2023 at 6:07 am)GUBU Wrote: Not even that.  Nine of those countries are either dictatorships or near dictatorships where the will of the people is not taken into account.

A study at Princeton University proved that the US is not a democracy, and the will of the people is not taken into account.

https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-echochambers-27074746

Good Article. But these article’s meaning is that the US is not some sort of Utopia or a type of Switzerland beyond the Atlantic and that there are still many issues to be dealed with in many areas.

One Example: NRA is pro-Gun. So thanks to the Republicans + all the Lobbying activities the voice of the people is not being heard.

Still: In Syria, if you took part in a protest, the Muhaberat (or secret Police) can pick you up in the street and never release you and if you are lucky your relatives will be able to recover your corpse in order to give you a proper burial.  

Other example: There is no opposition politician in any democratic country who are forced to exile or are being treated like Alexei Navalny.

So this is not going to work. You can’t keep fooling and fooling and fooling. The very idea of democracy is based on the idea that at some point, even the most ordinary man will understand what’s going on. And if he/she doesn’t. Well I think you are right than, Than China should be our vision of a most efficiently governed society. But I think you are not right. I think that even with the most advanced propaganda or alternate-reality creating method, there are some limits. I even think that a country like Russia is already way beyond these limits. Smile

Built for gazprom by saipem - an italian contractor. When russian companies say it's technically possible to repair this or that, they must mean -if- they could get western assistance, as they've not been capable of developing, operating, or maintaining their own resource extraction for decades. Right now, this side story is taking a backseat to the drama of a shooting war - but one of the main effects of russias invasion for the rest of the world, going forward (regardless of whether ukraine wins or loses it's bid to retain sovereignty), is that the western interests that kept the russian extraction sector together with duct tape have fled and won't be going back any time soon..for purely economic reasons. A huge amount of exactly the stuff we need (the west, the world) came from those collaborations. That's part of why putin miscalculated the nature of western resolve.

I did love the line about whether or not the pipelines would be needed, though. OFC they're needed, especially now. I couldn't have come up with a better joke.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(March 3, 2023 at 9:16 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
Quote:MOSCOW/FRANKFURT, March 3 (Reuters) - Russia's ruptured undersea Nord Stream gas pipelines are set to be sealed up and mothballed as there are no immediate plans to repair or reactivate them, sources familiar with the plans have told Reuters.

Nord Stream 1 and Nord Stream 2, each consisting of two pipes, were built by Russia's state-controlled Gazprom to pump 110 billion cubic metres (bcm) of natural gas a year to Germany under the Baltic Sea.

Three of the pipes were ruptured by unexplained blasts in September, and one of the Nord Stream 2 pipes remains intact.

But soaring tensions between Moscow and the West over Russia's invasion of Ukraine had by then already brought Nord Stream 1 to a standstill and prevented its twin, criticised by Washington and Kyiv for increasing Germany's dependence on Russia, ever coming online.

Gazprom has said it is technically possible to repair the ruptured lines, but two sources familiar with plans said Moscow saw little prospect of relations with the West improving enough in the foreseeable future for the pipelines to be needed.

This could turn out to be some sort of childish military order by Vlad himself.

If you just think about the stupidity: You already had the Germans on Board and kept financing the rebuilding of your nation with all that cash. It’s not like Russians were in need of land of any type. But the man decided to bring justice to the corrupted western dominions. Good luck with that.  Hehe

(March 3, 2023 at 9:27 am)Leonardo17 Wrote: This could turn out to be some sort of childish military order by Vlad himself.

If you just think about the stupidity: You already had the Germans on Board and kept financing the rebuilding of your nation with all that cash. It’s not like Russians were in need of land of any type. But the man decided to bring justice to the corrupted western dominions. Good luck with that.  Hehe

Despite Bel's belief that the sabotage was by the U.S., my bet is on Germany or Russia.  One of them clandestinely did what they didn't want to do publicly.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  China & Russia Silver 32 3329 November 29, 2023 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  China and Russia's presidents -both- absent from the G20 WinterHold 16 1818 October 1, 2023 at 8:09 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Russia's massive brain drain is ravaging the economy LinuxGal 0 478 September 3, 2023 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Nato, Sweden, Vilnius, Ukraine etc. Nishant Xavier 53 4394 August 7, 2023 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Proxy war in Ukraine? Angrboda 151 8107 November 8, 2022 at 3:29 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  Micheal Cohen lied about Russia Tower deal. Brian37 6 1065 November 29, 2018 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  BREAKING:Trump Promises Strike on Syria and Warns Russia Against Backing Assad WinterHold 20 4568 April 14, 2018 at 10:21 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  We may not be going into WW3 with Russia over Syria after all. Chad32 39 12804 July 16, 2017 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  U.S. War Plane Shoots Down A Syrian Jet: Russia Warns Of Consequences A Theist 40 15294 June 21, 2017 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Michael Flynn, national security adviser, resigns over Russia contacts c172 48 9790 February 18, 2017 at 11:40 am
Last Post: John V