Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 29, 2024, 3:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
2024 US Presidential Election
RE: 2024 US Presidential Election
You mean Bevis?
(October 2, 2023 at 12:38 pm)Nanny Wrote: You mean Bevis?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congres...-rcna70839

Quote:The Supreme Court on Monday declined to hear a long-shot bid to disqualify former President Trump from running for office under the 14th Amendment.

John Castro, who is running for the Republican presidential nomination, has filed various lawsuits seeking to challenge Trump’s eligibility under the amendment’s provision targeting those involved in insurrections.

In a brief, unsigned order issued Monday, the justices declined to take up one of his cases after Castro lost in a lower court.

“The Supreme Court can deny to hear the case but appellate courts cannot,” Castro responded on X, the platform formerly known as Twitter.

“I’m still pursuing decisions in the liberal appellate courts and there’s a full blown trial scheduled for October 20 in New Hampshire and a bench trial in Arizona on October 31,” he added.

Beyond Castro’s cases, various other lawsuits have been launched against Trump under the 14th Amendment, which states no person shall hold elected office who “engaged in insurrection or rebellion” against the United States.

Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington filed a lawsuit in Colorado on behalf of a group of voters there, and similar lawsuits are ongoing in places including Minnesota and Michigan.

Legal experts have been split as to whether the 14th Amendment can be applied to Trump over his role in the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol attack.

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-bat...ify-trump/

^I don’t fancy the chances.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
(September 27, 2023 at 2:31 pm)Nanny Wrote: A third party candidate from, say, the Green Party helps Trump.
If the GOP were to grow some integrity and somehow not nominate Trump, Trump runs as a 3rd party and blows up the GOP.

The former is more likely than the latter. We are doomed,

The most likely third party candidate atm, RFK Jnr, is most likely to hurt Trump as he is now an almost exact mirror of Trump.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
I hope GUBU's right. Just feeling the dread of this upcoming year.
(October 3, 2023 at 2:35 pm)Nanny Wrote: I hope GUBU's right.  Just feeling the dread of this upcoming year.

As long as US democrats turn out and vote, third parties won’t matter. Dems are the (much) larger party and Trump’s support among Republicans continues to erode.

Boru
But I do not want to get out there and vote. It is like, Ugh, again really?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(October 3, 2023 at 2:43 pm)Foxaèr Wrote: But I do not want to get out there and vote. It is like, Ugh, again really?

Democrats who don’t vote elect Republicans.

Boru
(October 3, 2023 at 2:43 pm)Foxaèr Wrote: But I do not want to get out there and vote. It is like, Ugh, again really?

You're gay, your rights are under assault, and you don't want to vote? It's too much work?

Why should anyone else be concerned about defending your rights if you yourself find that such a bother? Pathetic.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Presidential age upper limit Thumpalumpacus 28 1173 July 13, 2024 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  2024 GOP hopeful Vivek Ramaswamy proposes raising voting age to 25 LinuxGal 11 1359 August 20, 2023 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Why Trump will win in 2024. Jehanne 237 26408 December 22, 2022 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Are you looking forward to Political Christmas in 2024 on 24th/25th December? Woah0 9 1063 December 3, 2022 at 7:49 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Who will be next Republican presidential candidate? Fake Messiah 28 2112 June 13, 2022 at 2:49 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Biden's first Presidential adress. Brian37 11 1250 April 30, 2021 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Mail in voting/ and election day. Brian37 6 1034 October 25, 2020 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  BREAKING:Trump refuses to commit to a peaceful transition of power after Election Day WinterHold 97 6882 October 2, 2020 at 1:50 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  UK general election - right wing Conservative party wins large majority Duty 30 2020 December 16, 2019 at 6:12 am
Last Post: Duty
  Your Presidential Candidate. onlinebiker 17 2300 November 2, 2019 at 1:26 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger