Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 1, 2024, 12:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russia and Ukraine
RE: Russia and Ukraine
Dugin was targeted. His daughter was collateral.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(January 17, 2024 at 10:29 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Russia doesn't have air superiority for the f16s to take.

But their extended-range AAMs mean that the Russian planes launching cruise missiles and glide bombs will have to stand off even further. This means fewer civilian casualties, and also more potential areas to deploy reserves. And while neither side has air superiority, both sides are still flying missions, and the F-16 will be more capable than anything currently flying in-theater, which may allow the Ukrainians to seize air superiority at a time and place of its choosing.

(January 17, 2024 at 1:47 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Dugin was targeted.  His daughter was collateral.

The higher-ups, especially the CIA, are infamous for targeting family members and friends when they cant get to the core target.
(January 18, 2024 at 10:16 am)modernite Wrote:
(January 17, 2024 at 1:47 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Dugin was targeted.  His daughter was collateral.

The higher-ups, especially the CIA, are infamous for targeting family members and friends when they cant get to the core target.

I'm calling bull on this one.  Are you saying the CIA went after Dugin's daughter, or you just making a general statement?

Please point me to reliable sources that show that the CIA targets family members of targets for death, instead of the main target.  Please explain how this achieves any sort of valid political goal.
The cia didn't have shit to do with it. Dugin had switched cars with his daughter.

What's interesting, in the russian retelling of events, is that the fsb had some warning, and had relayed it to dugin. So, you know, what better way to prevent your own assassination than to switch cars with your...um....daughter....?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I wouldn’t be surprised if Putin or his cronies intentionally allowed the assassination plot against Dugin to go ahead. a rabid ultra- nationalist further to the right of Putin constricts Putin‘s own maneuverability in Russian politics. so Putin really has no use for Dugin alive.
Dugin’s assassination by Ukraine both give the nationalist cause a martyr and provides putin with talking points to justify continued war against ukraine. So Dugin is useful to Putin dead.
The sickness runs deep. Every event is always some brilliant plot by the master strategist. Presumably, if he choked on his fork and died that would also demonstrate his ruthless political savvy, somehow.

I've got a better explanation. They're fuckups. They can't prevent assassinations and sabotage on their own soil anymore than they can prevent ukraine from slaughtering their troops over the ruins of this or that random town. Any attempt to even try is met by the brick wall of some russian somewhere along the chain of accountability being on the take, always. This...I suspect, is the reality of russia's self alleged existential crisis. They don't want to be embarrassed...by ukraine... on the international stage. They don't want people freezing in their apartments in the homeland. They don't want people to ignore their weekly threats of nuclear armaggedon.

They simply can't do anything about it. It's an aging band of limp dick crooks showing just how bad they are at governance. As I keep saying, letters from our own possible future.
no, putin has a long track record of extrajudicial murder for domestic political aims. the murder extends to both people who are overtly hostile to him, as well as people who in western public perception should be on his side, but whose continued ability to draw breath apparently no longer meets his needs.

Rabid nationalists to putin’s right may appear to be putin’s natural allies, but it is not so. he wants the nationalists to have no choice but to support him. he doesn’t want ultra-nationalists who would force him to move further to the right then he feels to be convenient by threatening to fragment his own support base.

So Dugin’s public death at the hands of the enemy Putin is leading russia to fight certainly seem like the best and most useful outcome for Putin
Good for dead john mccain, too!
and rather than implying this makes putin a master strategist,  this is more like a amateurish blunder by Ukraine that a former KGB agent can’t help but profit from.  Dugin’s death certainly benefits Putin’s rule.   Dugin’s death in ukrainian hands even more so.    no one makes it to the top of any government without a sense of what helps his own power and influence.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  China & Russia Silver 32 3340 November 29, 2023 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  China and Russia's presidents -both- absent from the G20 WinterHold 16 1830 October 1, 2023 at 8:09 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Russia's massive brain drain is ravaging the economy LinuxGal 0 479 September 3, 2023 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Nato, Sweden, Vilnius, Ukraine etc. Nishant Xavier 53 4419 August 7, 2023 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Proxy war in Ukraine? Angrboda 151 8161 November 8, 2022 at 3:29 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  Micheal Cohen lied about Russia Tower deal. Brian37 6 1068 November 29, 2018 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  BREAKING:Trump Promises Strike on Syria and Warns Russia Against Backing Assad WinterHold 20 4579 April 14, 2018 at 10:21 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  We may not be going into WW3 with Russia over Syria after all. Chad32 39 12823 July 16, 2017 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  U.S. War Plane Shoots Down A Syrian Jet: Russia Warns Of Consequences A Theist 40 15319 June 21, 2017 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Michael Flynn, national security adviser, resigns over Russia contacts c172 48 9890 February 18, 2017 at 11:40 am
Last Post: John V