Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 30, 2024, 1:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
2024 US Presidential Election
RE: 2024 US Presidential Election
(June 10, 2024 at 12:10 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: FFS

Trump rants about sharks and death by electrocution after his teleprompter goes out in Las Vegas (msn.com)

Former President Donald Trump's teleprompter apparently broke down at a Las Vegas rally on Sunday, giving the former president free rein to meander into a debate over whether it would be worse to electrocuted or bit by a shark, a rant apparently meant as an indictment of electric vehicles.

Maybe he thinks shark-powered vehicles would be safer.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
"Stormy's a liar, none of that happened" - proceeds to tell us more about sharks.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 10, 2024 at 12:38 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: "Stormy's a liar, none of that happened" - proceeds to tell us more about sharks.

Stormy's gonna unlock EJC's infinite money glitch at this rate.

Trump rants about sharks and death by electrocution after his teleprompter goes out in Las Vegas (msn.com)

Former President Donald Trump's teleprompter apparently broke down at a Las Vegas rally on Sunday, giving the former president free rein to meander into a debate over whether it would be worse to electrocuted or bit by a shark, a rant apparently meant as an indictment of electric vehicles.

Heard he was watching shark week when stormy arrived

(June 10, 2024 at 5:33 pm)h4ym4n Wrote:

Heard he was watching shark week when stormy arrived

He clearly hasn’t seen the ‘Sharknado’ documentaries.

Boru
(June 10, 2024 at 12:16 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:

Maybe he thinks shark-powered vehicles would be safer.

Boru

Looked into this issue. Under normal circumstances, you'd have to go out of your way to get shocked by an electric car battery. Apparently, the DoE has strict guidelines about the construction of battery packs for electric vehicles; there's mutliple seals and safeguards that are supposed to protect against that sort of thing. The only way you could pull it off under normal circumstances (presumably without tearing the damn thing apart) is if the cable you're using to charge it is damaged.

And, of course, as the last segment of this Nick Crowley video reminds us, if you're in your car and it's in deep enough water that shark attacks are even a possibility, getting electrocuted by the car battery is going to be the least of your problems. At any rate, I doubt that Debra Stevens would be any more alive if she drove a Tesla instead of a Mazda CX-9.

Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Trump going bizarromonologue at this point isn't still news, is it?

Quote: if you're in your car and it's in deep enough water that shark attacks are even a possibility, gettiing electrocuted by the car battery is going to be the least of your problems. 

This could be a real issue for Tesla owners who live on the coast and experience the visceral reaction to drive their car into the surf to put out the fire.

Boru
(June 10, 2024 at 8:22 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
Quote: if you're in your car and it's in deep enough water that shark attacks are even a possibility, gettiing electrocuted by the car battery is going to be the least of your problems. 

This could be a real issue for Tesla owners who live on the coast and experience the visceral reaction to drive their car into the surf to put out the fire.

Boru

In which case good riddance, from what I've seen of Tesla owners around here.

One could die in the fire, but the interior, signal lights, head lights and brake lights and so forth come from a 12V system. Electrocution is really unlikely because the battery and high voltage control system is outside the cabin. 12VDC stings if one lays a sweaty arm across a battery when working on a vehicle. I have direct experience with that. Not lethal, by any account. I say we take an "F" cell and put it where the sun doesn't shine, to power that UV light the chump is so enamored of.  Think
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2024 GOP hopeful Vivek Ramaswamy proposes raising voting age to 25 LinuxGal 11 1222 August 20, 2023 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Why Trump will win in 2024. Jehanne 237 22665 December 22, 2022 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Are you looking forward to Political Christmas in 2024 on 24th/25th December? Woah0 9 956 December 3, 2022 at 7:49 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Who will be next Republican presidential candidate? Fake Messiah 28 1773 June 13, 2022 at 2:49 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Biden's first Presidential adress. Brian37 11 1100 April 30, 2021 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Mail in voting/ and election day. Brian37 6 899 October 25, 2020 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  BREAKING:Trump refuses to commit to a peaceful transition of power after Election Day WinterHold 97 5970 October 2, 2020 at 1:50 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  UK general election - right wing Conservative party wins large majority Duty 30 1680 December 16, 2019 at 6:12 am
Last Post: Duty
  Your Presidential Candidate. onlinebiker 17 2051 November 2, 2019 at 1:26 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  trump the republican asks communist china to investigate his potential election rival Anomalocaris 10 1159 October 4, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris