Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 18, 2024, 4:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Damned Pervert Priests - and other assorted Holy Scumbags
RE: Damned Pervert Priests - and other assorted Holy Scumbags
(June 13, 2024 at 9:14 am)brewer Wrote:
(June 13, 2024 at 8:09 am)zebo-the-fat Wrote: Nailed it!

Mary Magdalene? Ya Buddy!

I wonder if he had a bent dick also.

Like a shepherd's crook, it was.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(June 9, 2024 at 3:18 pm)Questor Wrote:
(June 9, 2024 at 6:48 am)GUBU Wrote: Let me guess, despite all the evidence to the contrary*, your cult doesn't do any of this stuff.

*I've seen your bio, you're a fundagelical LARPing as a jewish convert.  Of course your cult is neck deep in all the evils you describe.

There are only five or so sects within Judaism, and only some small groups of the Haredi (Super-Orthodox) have cult-like tendencies where the tendency to follow the dictates of their Rabbi might encourage such abuse. The Orthodox, Conservative, Reform and Reconstructionist viewpoints differ only in ways you would not be interested in, and cannot really be easily discerned from one another. None have particularly large congregations, and thus cannot maintain the control needed for religious uniformity that leads to abuse. I am not saying it doesn't happen, because it does, but it is very localized. All reject Messianic Jews/Notsrim, and have done so since 126 AD, no matter how orthodox their customs and traditions.

I have never belonged to a church, and was raised in a secular Jewish family that never used the word G-d, complained about the necessity of even attending weddings in churches, and never spoke of their heritage except by accident. I have attempted the occasional attendance at various xtian assemblies, and found myself promptly kicked out the moment I asked an inconvenient question, much as happened at the various Christian Forums I have attempted to find a decent conversation at, although I always remained polite enough to not be banned.

I don't LARP, finding the assumption of Jewish customs by non-Jews to raise in me a slight feeling of nausea, as those doing so have no idea of what they are attempting, and myself having been raised in a secular family, I follow only such customs as are related to the Moedim (festivals) and Shabbats. I merely follow to the best of my ability those commandments as written in what non-Jews call the Old Testament, as they are written, and pay little attention to Jewish tradition.

I could more properly be called a Nazarene, but only in the sense that Jews in the First Century were called 'Notsrim'. We were highly orthodox in behavior, and were well accepted amongst Jews until political differences led to persecution. Were I living in Israel, Notsrim is what I would be called. Nazarenes in the western countries, however, in this late era, are far too Greco-Roman in outlook for my taste, presuming I could find a fellowship to attend. 

So, one stretches a little and label's oneself a Messianic Jew, which, since most Jews, even the Haredi, are looking forward to the coming of the Messiah, can be taken a lot of ways.

As for what each Messianic Jewish fellowship has difficulties with in regard to money, power and sex, I have no knowledge of, but I have some doubts as to whether they have sufficient money or power to hide anything from their members. Each assembly (synagogue) is small, disconnected from one another except for holding to some general principles under a few umbrella organizations that have no power over their members, and all synagogues are much in dispute with each other, even as it is said that when two Jews meet, you will have three opinions in regard to almost any matter, secular or religious.

However, you are correct that the ratio of Jews to Hebraic-seeking xtian’s is quite low in Messianic synagogues, but those non-Jews that wish to adopt Jewish culture find few cultural rules of behavior, or halacha, to guide them, and soon re-orient on the Hebraic Roots movement if what they want is to feel more Jewish than Greco-Roman without actually dealing with the Covenants that Jews believe require them to act in certain specific ways. 

Not that you precisely asked for the above informaion, but is there anything else you want to know? 

No amount of bullshit will change reality, fundagelical.

PSif you don't LARP, why are you pretending to be a jew?
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(June 11, 2024 at 11:31 am)Questor Wrote:
(June 10, 2024 at 7:53 pm)brewer Wrote: Ya still have the 'god problem'. What concrete evidence do you have to support your beliefs?

Fulfilled prophecy, and lots of it. Most importantly as 'hard' proof is that Israel is reborn, complete with original language, as stated :

For then I will restore to the peoples a pure language, That they all may call on the name of YHWH, To serve Him with one accord. (Zephaniah 3:9)

Thus says YHWH Tsavaot, the God of Israel: “They shall again use this speech in the land of Judah and in its cities, when I bring back their captivity: ‘YHWH bless you, O home of justice, and mountain of holiness!’ (Jeremiah 31:23)

Much other prophecy is scattered throughout Ezekial 25-48, but you will need to read the entire 'Old Testament' for the underlying concepts and other relevant prophecies, but the heart of the matter is:

Then say to them, 'Thus says YHWH Elohim: "Surely I will take the children of Israel from among the nations, wherever they have gone, and will gather them from every side and bring them into their own land;  (Ezekial 37:21)

And if you think what happens to Israel doesn't matter, or that prophecy is irrelelvant, why do much of the world's population hate Jews with a passion greater than they have for life? After all, there are currently only about 14 million of us worldwide, and yet, we are the world's essential enemy . . . and have been since about 1400 BC.

A claim is not evidence and the bible is the claim when it comes to you christians.

And it's a claim proven empirically to be very wrong indeed.

Home
(June 11, 2024 at 12:38 pm)Questor Wrote:
(June 11, 2024 at 12:21 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Prophecies are fulfilled at exactly the same rate at coincidence, and for exactly the same reasons.

Boru

I disagree, but how does one prove that?

Show us one passage in the old testament that definitively predicts Jesus and accurately describes his ministry that wasn't a post hoc addition by one of your fellow christians.

Oh and PS the world doesn't universally hate jews. Chistians from the far right sects and cults you're part of do but you and your fellow travellers aren't everybody.

Home
(June 11, 2024 at 1:40 pm)Angrboda Wrote: Funny thing about prophecy.  The probability of it being fulfilled goes way up when people consciously intend to bring about its fulfillment.  I wonder why?

The vast majority of successful prophecies were written after the events they predicted had occurred.

Strange that.

Home
(June 12, 2024 at 3:42 pm)Questor Wrote:
(June 12, 2024 at 1:40 pm)Angrboda Wrote: The establishment of Israel was in large part a response to the effects of the holocaust.  Are you saying that your god is responsible for genocide?  (again?)

Humankind has free will. .

Then your god has no possibility of existing, christian. An all powerful being cannot exist in a universe with free will.

Home
San Diego Diocese files for bankruptcy after 457 sex abuse claims

The diocese first filed for bankruptcy in 2007, ultimately reaching a $198 million settlement of 144 sex abuse lawsuits. That claims were triggered by a 2003 California law that allowed victims of childhood sex abuse to bring lawsuits long after the normal statute of limitations had expired.

In 2019, California again re-opened the statute of limitations and created a new three-year window for filing older sex abuse cases, causing 457 new claims to be filed against the San Diego Diocese, the diocese's court filings showed.

More than 60% of the newly filed claims represent abuse that allegedly occurred more than 50 years ago, the diocese said.
San Diego Cardinal Robert McElroy said the bankruptcy stemmed from "the moral failure of those who directly abused children and teenagers, and the equally great moral failure of those who reassigned them or were not vigilant" in stopping the abuse.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/san-die...024-06-18/

Bolivia to investigate diary of another Jesuit child abuser

Prosecutors in Bolivia have reopened the case of a Catalan-born Jesuit priest who spoke about hundreds of child abuse cases in his diary.

The abuse happened especially in Indigenous communities between the 1990s and the early 2000s. A number of his superiors were informed of his actions and failed to take any measure, his accusers say.

The story of late Father Luis María Roma, who died in 2019 without ever being punished, was published by Spanish newspaper El Pais on June 16.

It recalled the equally monstrous case of Father Alfonso Pedrajas, another Spanish-born Jesuit who worked in Bolivia and wrote down in his diary dozens of child abuse acts he perpetrated over decades.

The article described how Roma, known as Padre Lucho, systematically abused and took pictures of hundreds of Indigenous girls – especially members of the Guaraní people – between 1994-2005, when he was a missionary in the small city of Charagua, in the southeastern part of Bolivia.

Lucho would draw girls – some of his victims were as young as eight – with several promises, including candy and Disney animated movies. He not only abused them, but also took pictures or films of them. An aide of his only known as Bladi supposedly helped him take the pictures.

In March of 2000, Lucho wrote he decided stop abusing and photographing little girls. He packed all his pictures and videos and decided not to keep living in such a permanent state of “lust and lasciviousness.” But this lasted only 76 days, El Pais said.

In 2005, the Society of Jesus transferred him to Sucre without a clear reason. There, a colleague discovered some of his pictures on his computer. Only 10 years later, when he had already left the Jesuits, that priest decided to speak about what he saw to a journalist.

https://cruxnow.com/church-in-the-americ...ild-abuser

Trump’s Spiritual Adviser Quasi-Confesses to Molesting 12-Year-Old Girl

The pastor of one of the country’s largest churches—and who Donald Trump once named as a spiritual adviser—has admitted to “inappropriate sexual behavior” with a woman who says he sexually abused her when she was just 12 years old.

On Friday, Cindy Clemishire told The Wartburg Watch, a religious watchdog blog, that Robert Morris, the pastor of Texas’ Gateway Church, asked her to come into his room when he stayed with her family for Christmas in 1982. She was 12 and he was 20 at the time. She said Morris molested her and then ordered her not to say anything about his behavior “because it will ruin everything.” The abuse continued for years before Clemishire confided in a close friend, prompting Morris’ wife to find out and Morris to step down from the ministry, according to the report.

He eventually returned to the church and founded Gateway Church in 2000, turning it into one of the country’s largest megachurches with an estimated weekly attendance of 100,000, according to the church. He serves as its senior pastor, prompting Trump to name him to a spiritual advisory board in 2016.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-spiritu...53397.html
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Nashville-area Catholic priest faces 10 child sex charges after June indictment

An associate pastor at St. Philip Catholic Church who was indicted earlier this year on sexual abuse charges is facing more charges in a new indictment.

Garcia-Mendoza was originally indicted in February with one count of continuous sexual abuse of a child, one count of aggravated sexual battery, four counts of sexual battery by an authority figure and two counts of sexual battery.

He was ordained to the priesthood in 2020 at St. Rose of Lima in Murfreesboro and was assigned to St. Philip in July 2022.

St. Philip officials reported to the Diocese of Nashville Safe Environment Office in November 2023 that a teen in the parish had made a report of improper touching involving Garcia-Mendoza, records show. The diocese said Friday that Garcia-Mendoza was removed from public ministry in November.

The priest is being held in the Williamson County Jail on a $2 million bond.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/cr...166392007/

Woman sues Catholic order in Delaware for child sex abuse on Maryland Eastern Shore

Joyce Harper, 74, who now lives in Florida, alleges in a lawsuit filed Wednesday that Oblate priest George Mahoney, who has since died, sexually abused her and another girl after mass at Our Mother of Sorrows Church in Centreville more than 60 years ago.

In 1960, Mahoney invited Harper, who was 10, and three other girls to help him count the Sunday offering money, the complaint says. Mahoney allegedly took Harper and another girl to his room in the church rectory and sexually assaulted them, one at a time. According to the lawsuit, Mahoney told the girls, “If you tell anyone about this you will go to HELL.”

Maryland’s attorney general’s office, which released a report last year detailing decades of sexual abuse perpetrated by priests and other in the employ of the Archdiocese of Baltimore, has pledged to continue investigating the scourge of clergy abuse in the dioceses of Wilmington, which covers Maryland’s Eastern Shore, and Washington, D.C., which is headquartered in Prince George’s County.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/2024/06/19/...ctims-act/
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
French Catholic priest recently released from prison for sexually assaulting children is dead. Police found his body at a private home. His criminal trial exposed high-level coverup of crimes by church bosses.

Quote:Preynat’s conviction in 2020 for several sexual assaults on children aged 7 to 15 years old between 1971 and 1991 shook the Catholic church hierarchy, which knew about and covered up his crimes for years.

He was belatedly defrocked by the church in 2019, the same year that Cardinal Philippe Barbarin was convicted for failing to report Preynat’s assaults, which he knew about.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/french-ex-prie...14461.html
Canadian archdiocese to pay $104M to child sex abuse victims

The Catholic Church is to pay 104 million Canadian dollars ($76 million) to hundreds of victims of sexual abuse from eastern Canada, according to a statement released Friday.

The court found sexual abuse was perpetrated by priests and other church officials at the orphanage starting in 1940 and continued over the course of several decades.

A total of 292 victims will receive payouts ranging from 55,000 to 850,000 Canadian dollars.

Geoff Budden, one of the attorneys representing the victims, told AFP the amount was in line with “similar compensation from other courts.”

“People didn’t really grasp the scale of the problem and how widespread the abuse was,” he said.

https://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/58266...se-victims

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Damned Muslims Minimalist 768 158867 Yesterday at 11:56 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Damned Hindus Minimalist 88 26308 October 16, 2024 at 2:23 pm
  Damned Christians Silver 849 144940 October 5, 2024 at 10:28 am
  Damned Catholics Minimalist 2027 366040 October 2, 2024 at 1:36 am
  Damned Mormons Minimalist 216 50657 September 18, 2023 at 9:53 am
Last Post: zwanzig