Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 18, 2024, 10:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
2024 US Presidential Election
RE: 2024 US Presidential Election
Biden gets booted cuz old white guy - what does Kamala need for veep? Apparently, old white guy. Yall are ridiculous, lol. The reason that white supremacy still has legs isn't really down to the fact of there being white supremacists in this country, but how even the opposition to white supremacy centers it's concerns and anxieties.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Yeah, I don't think there was a choice other than a white guy.
[Image: MmQV79M.png]  

(August 6, 2024 at 10:33 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Biden gets booted cuz old white guy - what does Kamala need for veep?  Apparently, old white guy.  Yall are ridiculous, lol.  The reason that white supremacy still has legs isn't really down to the fact of there being white supremacists in this country, but how even the opposition to white supremacy centers it's concerns and anxieties.

He’s just six months older than Harris. He’s progressive and popular, and less problematic (in the current climate) than Shapiro. And, since Harris is both female and a POC, a white male was probably the best option. 

Here’s a quote from Walz:

Quote:“How often in 100 days do you get to change the trajectory of the world? How often in 100 days do you get to do something that’s going to impact generations to come?” Walz asked. “And how often in the world do you make that bastard wake up afterwards and know that a Black woman kicked his a**, sent him on the road?”

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
I think too that Harris felt that mollifying the progressives so that they wouldn't stay home was more important than attracting more centrists.

(August 6, 2024 at 12:10 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: He’s just six months older than Harris. He’s progressive and popular, and less problematic (in the current climate) than Shapiro. And, since Harris is both female and a POC, a white male was probably the best option. 
Sure, and thus, the centering of white supremacy in a bid for the highest office of the land continues.  A white male is only the best option so long as both sides..even the old white man opposition..continue to insist as much.  It's a gaggle of antimajoritarian coupsters they're pandering to with this shit and why they think it will ever end if they don't stop doing it is beyond me. The nuts are going to be all in for a white king until the end of time at this rate..and they'll never not have that option, lol.

Quote:Here’s a quote from Walz:

Quote:“How often in 100 days do you get to change the trajectory of the world? How often in 100 days do you get to do something that’s going to impact generations to come?” Walz asked. “And how often in the world do you make that bastard wake up afterwards and know that a Black woman kicked his a**, sent him on the road?”

Boru
Careful..the whole point of old white guy was to charm The Whites - wouldn't want them hearing that.  Yet again...ridiculous.  This is what outsiders are talking about when we suggest that the blues are the team of pissing their pants and doing silly shit.  They picked walz to pander...and this is the quality of that pandering.... If, as we've been told...the problem was old balls plus need The Whites - then I'm entirely sure they could have scrounged up a young white man that didn't say shit like that.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 6, 2024 at 1:31 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote:
(August 6, 2024 at 12:10 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: He’s just six months older than Harris. He’s progressive and popular, and less problematic (in the current climate) than Shapiro. And, since Harris is both female and a POC, a white male was probably the best option. 
Sure, and thus, the centering of white supremacy in a bid for the highest office of the land continues.  A white male is only the best option so long as both sides..even the old white man opposition..continue to insist as much.  It's a gaggle of antimajoritarian coupsters they're pandering to with this shit and why they think it will ever end if they don't stop doing it is beyond me.  The nuts are going to be all in for a white king until the end of time at this rate..and they'll never not have that option, lol.

Quote:Here’s a quote from Walz:

Boru
Careful..the whole point of old white guy was to charm The Whites - wouldn't want them hearing that.  Yet again...ridiculous.  This is what outsiders are talking about when we suggest that the blues are the team of pissing their pants and doing silly shit.  They picked walz to pander...and this is the quality of that pandering....  If, as we've been told...the problem was old balls plus need The Whites - then I'm entirely sure they could have scrounged up a young white man that didn't say shit like that.

Again: 60 isn’t ‘old’. And how mentally fucked do you have to be to assume that a white male in a position of power is necessarily an entrenchment of white supremacy?

‘Pandering’? Puh-lease.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
I think people are getting a skewed picture of Walz, and the national press isn't helping. Walz passed a lot of costly legislation as governor. Minnesota is a state with high taxes. That's what states with high taxes do -- they spend a lot on policy and legislation. It says fuckall about who's in the governor's mansion.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I just think that someone more along the lines of Pete would have been really pushing her luck. Young and gay would galvanize the GOP and undecideds to vote the other way.
[Image: MmQV79M.png]  

Quote:A presidential race that at one point seemed like it was becoming former President Trump’s to lose increasingly looks like a toss-up as Vice President Harris gains momentum and a new running mate.

The extent to which Harris’s pick of Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz (D) helps her is up in the air, but there’s no question the vice president has been riding an upward swing in the polls since President Biden ended his reelection bid late last month and endorsed her.

Harris and Trump are nearly tied in the national polling average tracked by The Hill/Decision Desk HQ, with Trump winning 47.1 percent in the average of polls, and Harris is at 47 percent. Trump initially was up by more than 6 points when Harris declared her candidacy following Biden’s decision to leave the race.

The Hill/Decision Desk HQ model polling average isn’t the only place giving Harris and Democrats new hope, either.

Harris also led Trump in pollster Nate Silver’s electoral forecast for the first time in recent days after Trump had the advantage against first Biden and then Harris for weeks. The vice president’s chance of winning the election also surpassed Trump’s.

Silver last week declared the race a “toss-up,” the same place it is considered now. He had previously seen Trump as a favorite against Biden because of the incumbent’s poorer performance in battleground states even before the debate.

DDHQ has tracked a shift in the Democrats’ favor in nine of 10 key states in addition to the national polling. The largest shift in the polling average from before Biden dropped out has been in North Carolina, which shifted from a Trump lead of 10 points to just 3 points.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/48...tial-race/

Regarding declaring Walz's nomination as pandering to white supremacists, that doesn't seem very different than assuming I got hired because the hiring manager was a member of Aryan Nation.

(August 6, 2024 at 3:00 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: I just think that someone more along the lines of Pete would have been really pushing her luck. Young and gay would galvanize the GOP and undecideds to vote the other way.

It's a step in the right direction.

It wasn't so long ago that people would have said it's too soon for a black president.

Just look at all the racism Obama got.

Someone I debated online said, "you have to respect the office, even if you don't respect the man," when I criticised Bush.

Not so long later, the same 'person' was referring to Obama as the, 'n-word in chief'.

Playing Cluedo with my mum while I was at Uni:

"You did WHAT?  With WHO?  WHERE???"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Presidential age upper limit Thumpalumpacus 28 1116 July 13, 2024 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  2024 GOP hopeful Vivek Ramaswamy proposes raising voting age to 25 LinuxGal 11 1354 August 20, 2023 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Why Trump will win in 2024. Jehanne 237 25219 December 22, 2022 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Are you looking forward to Political Christmas in 2024 on 24th/25th December? Woah0 9 1055 December 3, 2022 at 7:49 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Who will be next Republican presidential candidate? Fake Messiah 28 2095 June 13, 2022 at 2:49 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Biden's first Presidential adress. Brian37 11 1248 April 30, 2021 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Mail in voting/ and election day. Brian37 6 1029 October 25, 2020 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  BREAKING:Trump refuses to commit to a peaceful transition of power after Election Day WinterHold 97 6833 October 2, 2020 at 1:50 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  UK general election - right wing Conservative party wins large majority Duty 30 1998 December 16, 2019 at 6:12 am
Last Post: Duty
  Your Presidential Candidate. onlinebiker 17 2280 November 2, 2019 at 1:26 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger