Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 18, 2024, 10:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
2024 US Presidential Election
RE: 2024 US Presidential Election
I just don't think a woman of color and a gay guy would have worked quite yet.
[Image: MmQV79M.png]  

Neither do I, I just can't contain my frustration with that being a self fulfilling prophecy - a self inflicted wound. Seems to me like the only thing standing between us and not getting stabbed in the gut is our deciding to stop doing it..and not just once, deciding to stop doing it over and over reflexively.

We know what we can get from putting up guys we think the seditionists might not totally hate. This, we get this.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 6, 2024 at 3:41 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: I just don't think a woman of color and a gay guy would have worked quite yet.

Apparently, Nudger thinks the ideal ticket would a Latino and an Inuit. Anything else is just pandering to white supremacy.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
Balancing the ticket is a calculus of how to win. The predictable outcome of deiberately not making that calculus is losing more and giving your opponents more power.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
In some fair and ideal system, maybe - but in our system, the outcome of that calculus is giving them more power even when they lose.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 6, 2024 at 4:17 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(August 6, 2024 at 3:41 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: I just don't think a woman of color and a gay guy would have worked quite yet.

Apparently, Nudger thinks the ideal ticket would a Latino and an Inuit. Anything else is just pandering to white supremacy.

Boru

My ideal ticket would be a chimpanzee holding a bunny by it's neck and beating it against the debate floor until it's dead while throwing feces at the audience.  That would be no less appropriate and much more policy substantive than fully half of the candidates running.  Maybe..just maybe, if Monkeys Killing Bunnys makes it all the way to the white house we can drop some of the nonsense and pretense we have, as americans, about our elections.  If people saw the farce for what it was..truly..and not just the other guys shit...that would be change I could believe in.

Then again, I'm not a dem.

(though I do think that, as a practical matter of defeating race obsessed fascists, it's best to cross all of their lines as hard as possible and call them chumps while you do it - so go for broke. A transgender inuit latino whose grandparents emigrated from nicaruaga aaaaand [insert next maga trigger here] - what are they gonna do..stand up there and show the world their whole ass all the time and make themselves even more repellent than the body public already finds them? Start a war?)
Republicans Resurface Tim Walz’ 1995 Mugshot as Attacks Heat Up

Quote: Tim Walz’ mugshot from a 1995 DUI arrest went viral Tuesday just as Kamala Harris announced the Minnesota governor was joining her presidential ticket.

That booking photo shows Walz facing forward while wearing glasses, a hunter’s cap, and a black sweatshirt. He’s not smiling while holding up a placard.

The three-decades old snap was first shared by the GOP political operative Dustin Grage on Monday night, as Harris’ veepstakes appeared to be centering on Walz.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/tim-walz-o...-vp-ticket

I wonder how many of the people who keep bringing this up actually care about how around the same time Tim Walz got his DUI, Donald Trump was busy sexually assaulting E. Jean Carroll.

Just saying, it’d be a lot easier for this to hurt the Dems’ campaign if the other team’s presidential candidate hasn’t been found guilty of much worse crimes.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Tim Walz

I’ll debate JD Vance, if he can get off the couch

Priceless

(August 6, 2024 at 6:46 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Republicans Resurface Tim Walz’ 1995 Mugshot as Attacks Heat Up

Quote: Tim Walz’ mugshot from a 1995 DUI arrest went viral Tuesday just as Kamala Harris announced the Minnesota governor was joining her presidential ticket.

That booking photo shows Walz facing forward while wearing glasses, a hunter’s cap, and a black sweatshirt. He’s not smiling while holding up a placard.

The three-decades old snap was first shared by the GOP political operative Dustin Grage on Monday night, as Harris’ veepstakes appeared to be centering on Walz.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/tim-walz-o...-vp-ticket

I wonder how many of the people who keep bringing this up actually care about how around the same time Tim Walz got his DUI, Donald Trump was busy sexually assaulting E. Jean Carroll.

Just saying, it’d be a lot easier for this to hurt the Dems’ campaign if the other team’s presidential candidate hasn’t been found guilty of much worse crimes.

It’s pretty clear that Harris’ vetting squad knew about this and decided it wasn’t a deal breaker.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
(August 6, 2024 at 6:05 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: In some fair and ideal system, maybe - but in our system, the outcome of that calculus is giving them more power even when they lose.

Right, because Walz will push a white supremacist agenda, because he's an old white male VP with the power to rule it all.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Presidential age upper limit Thumpalumpacus 28 1116 July 13, 2024 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  2024 GOP hopeful Vivek Ramaswamy proposes raising voting age to 25 LinuxGal 11 1354 August 20, 2023 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Why Trump will win in 2024. Jehanne 237 25219 December 22, 2022 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Are you looking forward to Political Christmas in 2024 on 24th/25th December? Woah0 9 1055 December 3, 2022 at 7:49 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Who will be next Republican presidential candidate? Fake Messiah 28 2095 June 13, 2022 at 2:49 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Biden's first Presidential adress. Brian37 11 1248 April 30, 2021 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Mail in voting/ and election day. Brian37 6 1029 October 25, 2020 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  BREAKING:Trump refuses to commit to a peaceful transition of power after Election Day WinterHold 97 6833 October 2, 2020 at 1:50 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  UK general election - right wing Conservative party wins large majority Duty 30 1998 December 16, 2019 at 6:12 am
Last Post: Duty
  Your Presidential Candidate. onlinebiker 17 2280 November 2, 2019 at 1:26 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger