Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 19, 2024, 6:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
2024 US Presidential Election
RE: 2024 US Presidential Election
(September 17, 2024 at 1:36 pm)Ravenshire Wrote:
(September 17, 2024 at 1:13 pm)Deesse23 Wrote: Can be a dangerous thing if a guy who didnt actually get elected by a majority comes into office due to some shady group using  loopholes in ones´ process of determining who is supposed to be the head of executive after said elections, particularly if you allow this to happen twice.
Just sayin´ Naughty

Twice?!?

We've "allowed" it four fucking times, so far!

We've "allowed" it in every election that a republican won except one (bush the youngers reelection) for the past 30 years.  Republicans lost the hearts and minds of the american public back in the 80's - and it's never coming back.  That they've launched into antimajoritarian schemes and disenfranchisement is the effect of an existential reality for them. That's the only way they get there, so that's what they're going to do.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(September 17, 2024 at 3:11 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: Corrupt...probably...but by some lights it's entire purpose is explicitly corrupt so that's working as intended.  In that view, it was an abberation when it -wasn't- reliably shitting on the will of the people.  If the ec could be gamed to insure the will of the people that would actually be a corruption of it's intended purpose.

It could be, btw.  There's no move one of the two players could make that the other could not.  The harris campaign could microtarget the same demos in the same counties that the trump campaign has.

I have no doubt both campaigns already are microtargeting. It's all about, to paraphrase Nathan Bedford Forrest, getting there "firstest with the mostest."

White dudes for harris isn't just a meme. It seems to me like her campaign has realized that this has been a decades long blind spot for them. Hell..this year is the first time since 2018 that dems even bothered to field a candidate in all of floridas districts...and that place fucking breeds "White Dudes". I'm out here in the pnw now and it's a pretty good bet that if I voted for harris it would mean about as much as a vote for a dem (or a republican...lol) in kentucky did .....talk about perverse incentive structures....but....for the first time since obamas first term..I'm gonna vote. I'll probably go back to being a non voting douche after that. The thing that works on me isn't even any policy of hers. I still think that the dems are a bunch of corporatist shills trying to do the same damned thing republicans are committed to. Give our money to "job creators". The only difference is that dems at least believe they have to get our votes to accomplish it, whilst republicans seem to want to do away with the hand that swipes the card. No wonder the douchebros in tech love maga.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
My daughter just brought me this shirt...

[Image: axfB06o.jpg]
[Image: MmQV79M.png]  

Billie Eilish & Finneas endorse Kamala Harris

https://youtube.com/shorts/4S_AjTgd-m8?s...OBuc5uHF_N
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Quote:Vice President Harris is leading former President Trump in Pennsylvania and Michigan by at least 5 points but has a smaller lead in Wisconsin, according to a new poll from Quinnipiac University.

The poll finds Harris winning 51 percent of likely voters in Pennsylvania, compared to 45 percent for Trump. Green Party candidate Jill Stein and Libertarian Party candidate Chase Oliver each earn 1 percent support.

In Michigan, Harris wins 50 percent support in the Quinnipiac poll, compared to 45 percent for Trump and 2 percent for Stein.

In Wisconsin, Harris wins 48 percent support compared to 47 percent for Trump and 1 percent for Stein.

The findings differ from The Hill/Decision Desk HQ aggregate polling, which finds closer races in Pennsylvania and Michigan than Wisconsin. In those polling averages, Harris leads Trump by less than a percentage point in Pennsylvania and Michigan, but by 2.9 percentage points in Wisconsin as of Wednesday.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/48...-michigan/

Yeah, Putin endorsed Kamala my ass

Quote:A false claim that Vice President Kamala Harris was involved in a June 2011 hit-and-run incident that left a 13-year-old girl paralyzed was created by a Russian troll farm, according to a report released Tuesday by Microsoft.

The report by Microsoft's Threat Analysis Center said the fabricated story was created by a Kremlin-aligned group, dubbed Storm-1516, one of several Russian disinformation networks that Microsoft says is targeting the Harris-Walz campaign in the lead-up to November's presidential election.

The hit-and-run claim surfaced in early September on a website masquerading as a local San Francisco news outlet named KBSF-TV. A five-minute video embedded in the article featured a woman speaking about the alleged incident. Microsoft's report said the woman was a paid actor. The website was created on Aug. 20 and went offline days after it published the claims.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bogus-story...microsoft/
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Another headline:

The Ratfuckers' Plans To Undermine The 2024 Election In Georgia Are Underway

The Ratfuckers' Plans To Undermine The 2024 Election In Georgia Are Underway (msn.com)
[Image: MmQV79M.png]  

Michelle Goldberg on MSNBC was pointing out what mass deportations would look like. Government forces would round up people in cities and put them in camps to detain them while awaiting deportation. It's remarkably similar in appearance to what happened in Nazi Germany, except there it was the Jews who were blamed for problems and who the Nazis promised to get out of the country instead of immigrants. And yet, people scoff when you compare them to Nazis and Hitler.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Stephen Miller can play Goebbels in the made for tv movie.

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/...hen-miller

"Through the conscious use of fearmongering and xenophobia, Miller implements policies which demonize immigrants, regardless of their immigration status, in an apparent effort to halt all forms of immigration to the United States."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Presidential age upper limit Thumpalumpacus 28 1122 July 13, 2024 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  2024 GOP hopeful Vivek Ramaswamy proposes raising voting age to 25 LinuxGal 11 1354 August 20, 2023 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Why Trump will win in 2024. Jehanne 237 25254 December 22, 2022 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Are you looking forward to Political Christmas in 2024 on 24th/25th December? Woah0 9 1056 December 3, 2022 at 7:49 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Who will be next Republican presidential candidate? Fake Messiah 28 2097 June 13, 2022 at 2:49 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Biden's first Presidential adress. Brian37 11 1249 April 30, 2021 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Mail in voting/ and election day. Brian37 6 1031 October 25, 2020 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  BREAKING:Trump refuses to commit to a peaceful transition of power after Election Day WinterHold 97 6850 October 2, 2020 at 1:50 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  UK general election - right wing Conservative party wins large majority Duty 30 2003 December 16, 2019 at 6:12 am
Last Post: Duty
  Your Presidential Candidate. onlinebiker 17 2283 November 2, 2019 at 1:26 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger