Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 28, 2024, 1:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
2024 US Presidential Election
RE: 2024 US Presidential Election
The boyfriend ordered us mail-in ballots a little while ago. Not sure when they're supposed to arrive.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Lady Gaga's dad endorses Trump

Germanotta continued: “I’m not voting for people. I mean, look, Donald, yeah, he’s abrasive, okay, but, you know, he’s a patriot, and his policies are there. All right, they’re on target for me anyway.

“I’m into low fuel and food prices – low interest rates,” he added. “Good economy, pro-police. Let the police do their job, law and order…Don’t let these protesters burn down our cities and the small businesses. Keep the jobs here in the United States.”

“I endorse Donald Trump. I endorse his policies. Freedom of speech. Thank you Elon Musk. That’s all I’ve got to say,” he concluded.

Ouch. I imagine lots of fans are going to expect to hear from Gaga herself.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
^ So. Much. Wrong.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(September 20, 2024 at 8:42 pm)Silver Wrote: Lady Gaga's dad endorses Trump

Germanotta continued: “I’m not voting for people. I mean, look, Donald, yeah, he’s abrasive, okay, but, you know, he’s a patriot, and his policies are there. All right, they’re on target for me anyway.

“I’m into low fuel and food prices – low interest rates,” he added. “Good economy, pro-police. Let the police do their job, law and order…Don’t let these protesters burn down our cities and the small businesses. Keep the jobs here in the United States.”

“I endorse Donald Trump. I endorse his policies. Freedom of speech. Thank you Elon Musk. That’s all I’ve got to say,” he concluded.

Ouch. I imagine lots of fans are going to expect to hear from Gaga herself.

"I'm the father of a pop star, my opinion on politics matters."

(September 17, 2024 at 12:02 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: To be fair to we the people, they voted hillary.  Just think...harris is on track to beat hillarys record or win the office.  I can't think of any better way to sum up the state of american democracy and the value of our votes.

And you got to remember too that Hilary Clinton won by c. 3.5 million votes, despite starting at >-10 million votes due to the republitraitor party's long standing election tactic of mass racist voter disenfranchisement.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(September 17, 2024 at 1:18 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(September 17, 2024 at 1:00 pm)Ivan Denisovich Wrote: People didn't elect trump to the office, he clearly lost and if will of the people would be respected then it would be reflected by him becoming just another loser. At least from my pov he was handed power by some shady group no matter how legitimate EC is in Americans view.

Your POV is wrong. There was no ‘shady group’ involved. Trump was handed power based on the rules laid down in the US Constitution. Outmoded rules that no longer fulfill their original function, to be sure, but rules just the same.

If Trump had been denied the Presidency after winning the EC, that would have been unconstitutional. The American Founders never intended for their new country to be ruled by ‘the will of the people’.

Boru

The sole reason for the EC was to maintain the legality of southern slavery by ensuring the popular will could be thwarted. It was always meant to be anti-democratic and pro-oligarch.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(September 21, 2024 at 6:53 am)Pat Mustard Wrote:
(September 17, 2024 at 1:18 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Your POV is wrong. There was no ‘shady group’ involved. Trump was handed power based on the rules laid down in the US Constitution. Outmoded rules that no longer fulfill their original function, to be sure, but rules just the same.

If Trump had been denied the Presidency after winning the EC, that would have been unconstitutional. The American Founders never intended for their new country to be ruled by ‘the will of the people’.

Boru

The sole reason for the EC was to maintain the legality of southern slavery by ensuring the popular will could be thwarted.  It was always meant to be anti-democratic and pro-oligarch.

That’s pretty much what I’ve been saying all along. Thank you.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
(September 21, 2024 at 6:53 am)Pat Mustard Wrote:
(September 17, 2024 at 1:18 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Your POV is wrong. There was no ‘shady group’ involved. Trump was handed power based on the rules laid down in the US Constitution. Outmoded rules that no longer fulfill their original function, to be sure, but rules just the same.

Boru

The sole reason for the EC was to maintain the legality of southern slavery by ensuring the popular will could be thwarted.  It was always meant to be anti-democratic and pro-oligarch.

If such was it's purpose then it only means that it was shit from the very beginning.
The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
(September 21, 2024 at 7:12 am)Ivan Denisovich Wrote:
(September 21, 2024 at 6:53 am)Pat Mustard Wrote: The sole reason for the EC was to maintain the legality of southern slavery by ensuring the popular will could be thwarted.  It was always meant to be anti-democratic and pro-oligarch.

If such was it's purpose then it only means that it was shit from the very beginning.

No argument.

Boru
Janet Jackson Leans Into Birtherism

Quote:“Well, you know what they supposedly said? She’s not Black. That’s what I heard. That she’s Indian,” she told the reporter. When the profile writer clarified that she is of both Black and South Asian heritage, Jackson answered, “Her father’s white. That’s what I was told. I mean, I haven’t watched the news in a few days. I was told they discovered her father was white.”

How stunningly stupid.

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Presidential age upper limit Thumpalumpacus 28 1169 July 13, 2024 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  2024 GOP hopeful Vivek Ramaswamy proposes raising voting age to 25 LinuxGal 11 1359 August 20, 2023 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Why Trump will win in 2024. Jehanne 237 26381 December 22, 2022 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Are you looking forward to Political Christmas in 2024 on 24th/25th December? Woah0 9 1063 December 3, 2022 at 7:49 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Who will be next Republican presidential candidate? Fake Messiah 28 2109 June 13, 2022 at 2:49 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Biden's first Presidential adress. Brian37 11 1250 April 30, 2021 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Mail in voting/ and election day. Brian37 6 1034 October 25, 2020 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  BREAKING:Trump refuses to commit to a peaceful transition of power after Election Day WinterHold 97 6879 October 2, 2020 at 1:50 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  UK general election - right wing Conservative party wins large majority Duty 30 2019 December 16, 2019 at 6:12 am
Last Post: Duty
  Your Presidential Candidate. onlinebiker 17 2298 November 2, 2019 at 1:26 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger