Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 28, 2024, 1:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
2024 US Presidential Election
RE: 2024 US Presidential Election
(September 25, 2024 at 9:09 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: It's supposed to work on us godless commies, what gives?  Quick, back to israel.  Vote Donald to save the palestinians!  Vote Donald to end the war in ukraine!  Donald Trump...the peace candidate.

He will give us peace for our times.
The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
(September 25, 2024 at 6:46 pm)Belacqua Wrote: OK! Everyone's patient and well-reasoned arguments have persuaded me. You win!

I believe that the US government should determine what is and is not misinformation.

I believe the US government should prosecute me if I post what they have deemed to be misinformation.

I do not believe this power could be misused.

Now I'm a good Democrat.

None of this claptrap actually addresses any objections.

No one has argued you should be prosecuted for passing misinformation. So far as I know, no one here is a government agent, so you're probably safe; and I wouldn't prosecute you, but simply call your bullshit out, which is what's actually happening -- maybe don't martyr so much?

I think we each should ourselves be aware of misinfo and alert to the possibility of being manipulated..

And for what it's worth, I'm not a Democrat, but your inclusion of that gives clear optics as to where you are yourself coming from. Mindless partisan bullshit bereft of thought and insight.

It's funny that you have such a high opinion of your own thinking but cannot cleanse your post of such obvious sloppy thinking.

(September 25, 2024 at 11:03 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(September 25, 2024 at 6:46 pm)Belacqua Wrote: OK! Everyone's patient and well-reasoned arguments have persuaded me. You win!

I believe that the US government should determine what is and is not misinformation.

I believe the US government should prosecute me if I post what they have deemed to be misinformation.

Now I'm a good Democrat.

No one has argued you should be prosecuted for passing misinformation. So far as I know, no one here is a government agent, so you're probably safe; and I wouldn't prosecute you, but simply call your bullshit out, which is what's actually happening -- maybe don't martyr so much?

I think we each should ourselves be aware of misinfo and alert to the possibility of being manipulated..

And for what it's worth, I'm not a Democrat, but your inclusion of that gives clear optics as to where you are yourself coming from. Mindless partisan bullshit bereft of thought and insight.

It's funny that you have such a high opinion of your own thinking but cannot cleanse your post of such obvious sloppy thinking.
Quite fascinating isnt it. A very thin veil of supposed intellectual superiority, objectivity and politeness. But it all hides a very run of the mill bullshitter with not intellectual honesty whatsoever. Pathetic. I wouldnt be surprised at all if someone would show us that he is one of those very bots he claims does not exist. Too bad we will never know.
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse

Now I'm a good Democrat.

I would like to take this opportunity to welcome Thump to Belacqua's Ignore List. You've met all the requirements:

-Made cogent arguments as a rebuttal to nonsense.
-Backed Bel into a corner with same.
-Used 'big people' words.
-Identified bullshit and referred to it as such.

Your official lapel pin and decoder badge are on the way!

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax

Now I'm a good Democrat.

Oh thank goodness you're safe. I thought maybe the bots had got you. They have drones now, you know.

Anyway. Harris, Walz, Clinton, and Newsom have all said they want limits on free speech. They don't want that because of Russian bots. I have no idea why you even brought those up. They want to control what Americans can say to other Americans.
(September 26, 2024 at 3:34 am)Belacqua Wrote:
(September 25, 2024 at 11:03 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: None of this claptrap actually addresses any objections.

Oh thank goodness you're safe. I thought maybe the bots had got you. They have drones now, you know.

Anyway. Harris, Walz, Clinton, and Newsom have all said they want limits on free speech. They don't want that because of Russian bots. I have no idea why you even brought those up. They want to control what Americans can say to other Americans.

EVERY sensible person wants limits on free speech, you dolt. The idiotic notion that you can say whatever you want without let, hindrance, or fear of consequences has been roundly rejected by every single culture in the history of the world.

You might want to check the laws regarding speech in Japan before you embarrass yourself further.

Boru
(September 26, 2024 at 3:53 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(September 26, 2024 at 3:34 am)Belacqua Wrote: Oh thank goodness you're safe. I thought maybe the bots had got you. They have drones now, you know.

EVERY sensible person wants limits on free speech, you dolt. The idiotic notion that you can say whatever you want without let, hindrance, or fear of consequences has been roundly rejected by every single culture in the history of the world.

You might want to check the laws regarding speech in Japan before you embarrass yourself further.

Boru

Bold mine.

Is that even possible?
[Image: MmQV79M.png]  

(September 26, 2024 at 6:27 am)arewethereyet Wrote:
(September 26, 2024 at 3:53 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: EVERY sensible person wants limits on free speech, you dolt. The idiotic notion that you can say whatever you want without let, hindrance, or fear of consequences has been roundly rejected by every single culture in the history of the world.

Boru

Bold mine.

Is that even possible?

You wouldn’t think so, but Bell-end never disappoints.

Boru
(September 26, 2024 at 3:34 am)Belacqua Wrote: Oh thank goodness you're safe. I thought maybe the bots had got you. They have drones now, you know.

Yet another refusal to answer the points I've made. I'm left to assume that's because you cannot.

(September 26, 2024 at 3:34 am)Belacqua Wrote: Anyway. Harris, Walz, Clinton, and Newsom have all said they want limits on free speech.

Free speech already has limits, dingbat. And duly noted is the fact that you ignored the many non-Democrats who also want to do things like, you know, throw members of the press in jail for reporting facts.

(September 26, 2024 at 3:34 am)Belacqua Wrote: They don't want that because of Russian bots. I have no idea why you even brought those up.

Because limiting election interference is their stated goal, and that largely comes from three countries, of which Russia is the most prolific. But thanks at least for admitting your ignorance.

(September 26, 2024 at 3:34 am)Belacqua Wrote: They want to control what Americans can say to other Americans.

I can understand why you would be very afraid of bullshit being regulated. Why, that might cut into your own schtick!

(September 26, 2024 at 6:27 am)arewethereyet Wrote:
(September 26, 2024 at 3:53 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: EVERY sensible person wants limits on free speech, you dolt. The idiotic notion that you can say whatever you want without let, hindrance, or fear of consequences has been roundly rejected by every single culture in the history of the world.

Boru

Bold mine.

Is that even possible?

Bel always manages to raise that bar.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Presidential age upper limit Thumpalumpacus 28 1169 July 13, 2024 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  2024 GOP hopeful Vivek Ramaswamy proposes raising voting age to 25 LinuxGal 11 1359 August 20, 2023 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Why Trump will win in 2024. Jehanne 237 26381 December 22, 2022 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Are you looking forward to Political Christmas in 2024 on 24th/25th December? Woah0 9 1063 December 3, 2022 at 7:49 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Who will be next Republican presidential candidate? Fake Messiah 28 2109 June 13, 2022 at 2:49 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Biden's first Presidential adress. Brian37 11 1250 April 30, 2021 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Mail in voting/ and election day. Brian37 6 1034 October 25, 2020 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  BREAKING:Trump refuses to commit to a peaceful transition of power after Election Day WinterHold 97 6879 October 2, 2020 at 1:50 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  UK general election - right wing Conservative party wins large majority Duty 30 2019 December 16, 2019 at 6:12 am
Last Post: Duty
  Your Presidential Candidate. onlinebiker 17 2298 November 2, 2019 at 1:26 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger