Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 29, 2024, 12:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Primordial Sex--Eden as Allegory
RE: Primordial Sex--Eden as Allegory
No not really...ummm ALL OF them!!

There is just so much and the stories go back so far... I love them all.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Very cool Smile Mythology is a never ending fascination sort of subject. If I had a bunch of money to waste on an education I would major in it just so I could teach it and talk about it all day lol.
~*~Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behavior does ~*~

~*~Live a good life. If there are Gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are Gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no Gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones - Marcus Aurelius~*~
Ya know at this end of history I wish I had!!
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
look, you asked if there was evidence i said there is no evidence. i also said individuals do not punish crimes, government does and since modern governments don't have women marry their rape victims, that's not how they get punished today. i don't know how to make this any more clear.
Oh! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved home and the war's desolation!
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

-4th verse of the american national anthem
(January 5, 2012 at 10:42 am)chipan Wrote: look, you asked if there was evidence i said there is no evidence. i also said individuals do not punish crimes, government does and since modern governments don't have women marry their rape victims, that's not how they get punished today. i don't know how to make this any more clear.

The issue has never been about governments, I know how governments stand today because they tell us from their own mouths. It's about what God thinks about rape victims today and you have not made that clear in any way shape or form.

I requote myself:
I think...in fact I know....you just can't admit that you're following a religion that has no compassion whatsoever for rape victims and MANY other atrocities.

~*~Live a good life. If there are Gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are Gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no Gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones - Marcus Aurelius~*~
LarissaAnn Wrote:I think...in fact I know....you just can't admit that you're following a religion that has no compassion whatsoever for rape victims and MANY other atrocities.

no there is, the culture back then was very different and therefore things had to be done differently. and quite honestly, there wasn't a whole lot of rape back then. not near as much as there is today.

(January 5, 2012 at 11:00 am)chipan Wrote:
LarissaAnn Wrote:I think...in fact I know....you just can't admit that you're following a religion that has no compassion whatsoever for rape victims and MANY other atrocities.

no there is, the culture back then was very different and therefore things had to be done differently. and quite honestly, there wasn't a whole lot of rape back then. not near as much as there is today.

It's not about culture...it's about what God thinks.

well God thinks it's an evil act. just b/c the punishment didn't seam that bad to you doesn't mean God didn't think it was bad. he always thought it was an evil act.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 "Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."

Galatians 5:19-21 "Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God."

(January 5, 2012 at 11:27 am)chipan Wrote: well God thinks it's an evil act. just b/c the punishment didn't seam that bad to you doesn't mean God didn't think it was bad. he always thought it was an evil act.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 "Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."

Galatians 5:19-21 "Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God."

~hangs head laughing~ I never said God didn't think it was evil, that's very evident....Yet, according to biblical beliefs that god never changes, he therefore would still think rape victims should marry their attackers, God never shows compassion by saying something like let the community ban together to support her living with her family in a single life, not throw the attacker in jail, not it wasn't her fault so you should still see her as pure, etc.. Instead he sees the VICTIM as damaged goods and only worthy of her attacker since he knew her carnally, showing complete disregard for her emotional trauma whatsoever.

(December 30, 2011 at 11:58 am)Norfolk And Chance Wrote: I don't look at it very hard because it's all made up and irrelevant.

And theists like yourself deciding which bits are literal and which are metaphorical, always amuses me.

Do not be amused and triumphant. Since texts customarily use literal and figurative language, interpretation is called upon to recognize whether the languge in a given text is literal or metaphorical.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ex-minister of secretive sect, admits to child sex abuse zebo-the-fat 3 476 June 28, 2024 at 6:52 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The Garden of Eden LinuxGal 4 627 October 19, 2023 at 11:47 pm
Last Post: Ahriman
  Church sex abuse: Thousands of paedophiles in French Church zebo-the-fat 8 1440 October 7, 2021 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Religious groups in UK failing children over sex abuse zebo-the-fat 1 1205 September 2, 2021 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Did Mary and Joseph ever have sex? Fake Messiah 41 8403 March 18, 2020 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Fox News’ Father Jonathan Morris is Quitting the Priesthood So He Can Have Sex Fake Messiah 46 11936 June 7, 2019 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Drich
  Ex-Pope Benedict XVI blames 1960s revolution for sex abuse zebo-the-fat 27 4052 April 17, 2019 at 10:55 am
Last Post: brewer
  Pope Francis condemns child sex abuse and Church cover-ups zebo-the-fat 23 4210 August 20, 2018 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  Archbishop Philip Wilson guilty of concealing child sex abuses zebo-the-fat 3 896 May 23, 2018 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Church of England 'colluded' with sex abuse bishop Peter Ball zebo-the-fat 4 1850 June 22, 2017 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: vorlon13