Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 26, 2024, 6:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting to know you all a little better
RE: Getting to know you all a little better
(October 8, 2012 at 11:47 pm)popeyespappy Wrote: Next time? Is Zen going to have an accident? Ingest a bit of conium maculatum perhaps?

Hehe

Never say never mate!
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
I'm a harpsichordist and organist. Also a huge historical musicology nerd (study of ancient music related texts, music, and instruments). Work at a church performing the organ which is fun. Also do thoroughbass accompaniment (a baroque era improvisation style) with small (mostly college) orchestras.

I have a little bit of a programming background but music has always been my passion. After I finish my undergraduate degree, I plan on going to another school to study historical performance and musicology.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY5q01fTc...re=related

I have next to nothing to say of myself, but I believe you will find that you'll know me better with every post you read Smile Welcome to the forum, new blood.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Oh dear, since my name is being bandied about in vain I suppose I better throw my hat in the ring(so to speak)

I'm a heavy diesel mechanic rebuilding monster engines for the mining industry here in WA, though I'm heading up north in the next couple of weeks to do site support for one of the mines.
(look up a Cummins QSK60 to get an idea of what I do)

I didn't even start my diesel apprenticeship 'til I was 41 and actually met Kichi at trade school..

My interests are motorcycles, aviation(with a particlur bent for the Luftwaffe) science, Sci-fi and alchohol.
I think that'll do for starters.

Badger
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(October 9, 2012 at 6:48 am)Zen Badger Wrote: Oh dear, since my name is being bandied about in vain I suppose I better throw my hat in the ring(so to speak)

I'm a heavy diesel mechanic rebuilding monster engines for the mining industry here in WA, though I'm heading up north in the next couple of weeks to do site support for one of the mines.
(look up a Cummins QSK60 to get an idea of what I do)

I didn't even start my diesel apprenticeship 'til I was 41 and actually met Kichi at trade school..

My interests are motorcycles, aviation(with a particular bent for the Luftwaffe) science, Sci-fi and alcohol.
I think that'll do for starters.

Badger

So modest Badger!! Badger You left out your capacity for Quantum physics, General Physics, a memory like a steel trap, and the penchant for anything WW II main interest being anything that flies.

Oh and you don't edit what you write and seldom use spell check. Tongue............................. Heart Love you darling!! Heart
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Tom Ripley, but I am more into making things than just owning them.
After making other men rich for 20 years, I decided to work for myself ... and I will never EVER work for another boss again.

I buy and sell real estate. Flip a house here and there. I'm a gigging musician and often perform 4 nights a week during the summer. I also own a company called Cinjin Entertainment, basically a musical entertainment broker/promoter.

I've lived in the following states: Michigan, Wisconsin, Tennessee, South Carolina, Colorado, California, Arizona, Illinois, and I've spent time traveling through and/or extended stays in 36 more states.

I love zombie movies, but not exclusively. One of my very favorites is Gross Point Blank. There's a LOT more that I could say, but lets be honest - nobody gives a shit. Big Grin
[Image: Evolution.png]

(October 9, 2012 at 12:21 pm)Cinjin Wrote: but lets be honest - nobody gives a shit. Big Grin

I beg to differ, I think it's lovely to get to know a little bit more about our members Smile
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Are you kidding, Cinjin? I love reading these things.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Hear, hear. I've been reading this thread since the beginning.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Yeah you know what? Fuck it. Fuck God and fuck all religions. Gentle_Idiot 12 1558 October 12, 2022 at 10:25 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  A little introduction satansprostate 16 1278 June 24, 2021 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  BrianSoddingBoru4 is a gutless little shithead. AustralianAtheists 60 3904 December 9, 2020 at 11:00 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Let me get to know more about you.... KittyAnn 46 6383 November 21, 2017 at 6:52 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Getting tired of Trumpets and Flat Earthers Coveny 17 1885 September 8, 2017 at 9:52 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Hi all - new here is all.... val5662 15 2269 March 18, 2017 at 6:04 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Back again with a better head. LivingNumbers6.626 16 2063 July 6, 2016 at 7:46 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  You all did it... Thank you Qwest 28 3985 December 12, 2015 at 9:01 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  A Little About Me Wolf Denn 20 2936 May 14, 2015 at 1:34 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  A little bit about me reasonablerob 17 2815 May 6, 2015 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain