Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 30, 2024, 2:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Failed Biblical Prophecies
RE: Failed Biblical Prophecies
Minimalist Wrote:Using that "logic" so is fucking Jerusalem, asshole....and Rome...Athens... fuck, even London and Paris.
Last section of this post.
It was prophesized that Jerusalem would never be harmed again, but it got decimated in 70 C.E.
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
Perfect example of why nothing in that fucking bible is worth a shit.
[quote='Minimalist' pid='352192' dateline='1350867785']
Quote: The city God was speaking about is gone.

Quote:Using that "logic" so is fucking Jerusalem, asshole....and Rome...Athens... fuck, even London and Paris.
Actually no. The new city of tyre was built next to the old one. All the cities you mentioned were rebuilt on the existing foundations even sometimes building from the same structure.
So we're conveniently sweeping the "never be found" part under the rug, right?
(October 21, 2012 at 11:04 pm)Darkstar Wrote: So we're conveniently sweeping the "never be found" part under the rug, right?
Acutally We have swept it under the causeway linking the main land to the New Island city of Tyre. (A place where people cast their nets if i remember correctly.)
(October 21, 2012 at 11:14 pm)Drich Wrote:
(October 21, 2012 at 11:04 pm)Darkstar Wrote: So we're conveniently sweeping the "never be found" part under the rug, right?
Acutally We have swept it under the causeway linking the main land to the New Island city of Tyre. (A place where people cast their nets if i remember correctly.)

1. Not the whole city.
2. How would we know that if we didn't find it? 'Never found again' suggests that there wouldn't even be record of it having ever existed (maybe texts, but nothing else, not even ruins).
Good old "ad hoc hypothesis". It's always so useful in defending the fulfillment of prophecy.

Keep saying, "maybe... maybe... maybe..." until all the contrary evidence is dismissed.
"You don't need facts when you got Jesus." -Pastor Deacon Fred, Landover Baptist Church

™: True Christian is a Trademark of the Landover Baptist Church. I have no affiliation with this fine group of True Christians ™ because I can't afford their tithing requirements but would like to be. Maybe someday the Lord will bless me with enough riches that I am able to. 

And for the lovers of Poe, here's your winking smiley:  Wink
(October 21, 2012 at 6:04 pm)Darkstar Wrote: How many times do I have to say that this isn't about the river? Yes, god stopped a river to let Joshua and his men pass, but he also promised that Joshua would be unstoppable wherever he went.
Fact: God said to Joshua "No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life."
Fact: The chariots of iron stood against him.
This is the only point I am adressing right now.

That may be the only point you're addressing but I'm addressing the whole of the situation. Your cherry picking has gotten you in trouble again, I bet you haven't read the book of Joshua nor the book of Judges, if you had then you would know the truth of the promise.

You were the one who brought up that God was going to prove to Israel that He would be with Joshua by defeating the peoples of the promised land. When in reality God showed He was with Joshua as they were moving into the land, He stopped the flow of the Jordan River during it's flood stage so the entire nation could crossover. This is when the Israelites knew God was with Joshua as He was with Moses, they had not even began to fight at this time, if you had read chapters 3 and 4 you would have known this. It was the river crossing that gave them the courage to trust Joshua was in God's favor.

Know for the battles that Joshua and the Israelites fought, Joshua defeated all the peoples of the land where he put his foot, this is what God promised and god delivered on it, read the chapters of the battles, you will not find one place or peoples that Joshua did not destroy, he was victorious till the day God told him to rest. After that he divided the lands between the tribes, I know it seems boring to read those chapters but they are important, why. The tribes that were to inhabit those areas were responsible for finishing up the job of defeating the peoples who were left, those that Joshua never came against.

If you will read the first few chapters of Judges you will see that Judah and all the tribes failed to do as they were told, this is why they were not able to defeat the iron chariots. Before Joshua died he even gave instructions to some tribes as how they could defeat some of the stronger people. In the book of Judges God states that there were peoples left to test the Israelite after the death of Joshua and they failed, if they had destroyed them as instructed they would have not suffered through so much in the coming centuries. As a matter of fact God started punishing the next generation because they completely turned from Him.

Did you cherry pick your way through books in school, I bet you did not, so why do you with the Bible. Why not read the entirety of the stories so you can see what actually took place, huh. I'm not trying to convert you or even to get you to say the stories are true, I know you do not believe, I came here to be challenged and learn more about God. It's apparent you do not care to see the truth in the stories, you only care about tearing them apart and so far you have failed.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
I will get back to you once I have done that, but it may be a while... (Also because I have other things I need to do)
(October 21, 2012 at 11:03 pm)Drich Wrote: [quote='Minimalist' pid='352192' dateline='1350867785']
Quote: The city God was speaking about is gone.

Quote:Using that "logic" so is fucking Jerusalem, asshole....and Rome...Athens... fuck, even London and Paris.
Actually no. The new city of tyre was built next to the old one. All the cities you mentioned were rebuilt on the existing foundations even sometimes building from the same structure.

Stop it, Drippy. You already have tied G-C for being the stupidest bible-thumping asshole on the board. You going for the record or something.

Your god fucked up. Deal with it. It is far from the only example.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Church of England 'failed to protect children from sexual abusers' zebo-the-fat 25 2474 October 8, 2020 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: no one
  Jesus’ Failed Prophecy About His Return DoubtingHerFaith 107 17956 January 15, 2019 at 4:29 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Just Look at all Those Fulfilled Prophecies! YahwehIsTheWay 37 6498 December 6, 2018 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Rebuke on Biblical Prophecy Narishma 12 1748 May 28, 2018 at 11:46 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Knowing god outside a biblical sense Silver 60 11740 March 31, 2018 at 1:44 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Record few Americans believe in Biblical inerrancy. Jehanne 184 26165 December 31, 2017 at 12:37 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  So, what would an actual 'biblical' flood look like ?? vorlon13 64 15965 August 30, 2017 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Christmas Traditions and Biblical Contradictions with Reality Mystical 30 5953 December 8, 2016 at 10:01 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Biblical Date Rape chimp3 38 7662 July 29, 2016 at 10:35 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Biblical Incest Silver 35 7294 July 19, 2016 at 11:21 am
Last Post: vorlon13