Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 7, 2024, 12:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Jesus return on a white horse?
RE: Will Jesus return on a white horse?
(January 9, 2013 at 5:04 pm)BGChuckLee Wrote: My parents bought two white horses just in case,

[Image: 421023_2340266804977_1088675445_n.jpg]

Jesus can take my steed, after his work is done on this mortal planet, he will take own last leap into heaven- that is the legend of Cholima.

Instead of torturing yourself with blasphemy you cant handle, you seem to have a smile on your face riding that horse. Why not spend your time doing that rather than getting in a boxing ring you are not ready to get into?

I am not saying go away, but I am saying I think you have some growing up to do first and I think you need to be away from us and experience the real world and real diversity outside this website. I know you will think differently in 10 or 20 years. I certainly am not the impetuous kneejerk teen I once was.

I like horses too, but I am am very afraid of their size and power, so while liking them, I would never own one. I do admire people who train and ride them. I rode one once, it knew what an inept idiot I was and that was the only time I rode and I was lucky enough to be on a horse who knew how stupid I was, so it simply and calmly walked back to the stall yard on it's own ignoring me.

I may hate all the stuff you have been saying here. I do think you need a dose of reality to wake you up. But more importantly, the only thing any of us have in life is our health, and that does include our mental happiness. I do not think it is healthy for you to be here.

I'd suggest for now, you do more for yourself outside this board like riding horses and give up on this board for a few years.
1. i am sure jesus really existed .. but to me he was a fraud who just needed attention! i think he just had such a strong caracter .we all have at least one acquaintence who is such a strong and convincing person whom everybody has to like and no matter what he is says you just believe him .. N i think jesus was exactly that kinda person.. in the past nobody had the chance to prove his statements about god or the truth about his ressurection..
why doesnt god send us a message to prove he exists like he did 2000 years ago? maybe he knows that nobody would believe a guy who claims to be sent by god?
that would be ridiculous .. would you believe such a person nowadays?
you surely would call him blasphemic and insane! 2000 years ago nobody had the courage and brains to question jesus and if he says the truth!
2. human believe in superstition, astrology etc (what IS proven to be humbug) so it is not a wonder that they believe in a supernarural creator.. it is human nature
that they create gods who answer their questions ! i am sure that i could found my own religion. i just need a complex idea, many details and something that makes my religion attractive to others! christianity and islam are popular because they make people believe in afterlife! and human's greatest fear is death!!
if you are able to save them from death they will believe you no matter what!

(sorry my english is bad i know >.<)
Quote:i am sure jesus really existed

That's fine but it is just your opinion. The question remains what EVIDENCE is there that such a character existed?

Your English is fine. Don't worry about it.
What Min said, plus

(January 13, 2013 at 10:41 am)garbishcan Wrote: why doesnt god send us a message to prove he exists like he did 2000 years ago? maybe he knows that nobody would believe a guy who claims to be sent by god?

Indeed, any rational person should be asking why doesn't "God" do any of the things it does in the mythology? In the stories, it could raze whole cities to the ground and sterilise the world under impossible amounts of floodwater. The best it's ever been able to manage since the mythology was compiled has involved dreams and pareidolia. It's the same reason why none of the actors who ever played Superman have demonstrated any of the character's "powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men" offscreen.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(January 9, 2013 at 6:10 pm)Mark 13:13 Wrote: Should we judge all Athiests by Stalin?

such a tired old worn out argument.

Stalin was indeed a douche, but Stalin didn't kill people in the name of or for the "cause" of atheism.
Christians on the other hand ... oh yeah, you already know this part don't you? They've killed millions in the name of a magic wizard.

[Image: Fail.png]
[Image: Evolution.png]

(January 9, 2013 at 6:10 pm)Mark 13:13 Wrote: Should we judge all Athiests by Stalin?

Good question. There's just one Hitch:

[Image: 393161_583768851648546_33321707_n.jpg]
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(January 16, 2013 at 11:00 pm)Stimbo Wrote:

Good question. There's just one Hitch:

There's another "hitch"...
How could anyone call a hideous act "moral"???
That someone might have a solid grasp of the concept (and a flair for communicating it). Some acts are void of morality - say, taking a piss. Others are invested with moral value, rightly or wrongly, positive or negative, and these we call "moral acts". Acts with moral or immoral consequence.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(January 16, 2013 at 11:59 pm)catfish Wrote:
(January 16, 2013 at 11:00 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Good question. There's just one Hitch:

There's another "hitch"...
How could anyone call a hideous act "moral"???

Nice try.

He meant that believers often do horrible things and call them moral. But you knew that didn't you?

That is taking things out of context. He was not saying hideous acts are moral. Dumb ass.
(January 17, 2013 at 12:12 am)Brian37 Wrote: Nice try.

He meant that believers often do horrible things and call them moral. But you knew that didn't you?

That is taking things out of context. He was not saying hideous acts are moral. Dumb ass.

LOL @ the dumbass claiming "out of context"!!!

See if you can spot the pattern here.

A theist claims an atheist takes things "out of context" when they don't agree with the other's interpretation...
An Atheist claims an a theist takes things "out of context" when they don't agree with the other's interpretation...

Fucking hypocrites... Undecided

(January 17, 2013 at 12:05 am)Rhythm Wrote: That someone might have a solid grasp of the concept (and a flair for communicating it). Some acts are void of morality - say, taking a piss. Others are invested with moral value, rightly or wrongly, positive or negative, and these we call "moral acts". Acts with moral or immoral consequence.

You fucking said it, immoral or moral...

Care to explain how something you would consider "wrong" or "negative" could be considered "moral"???

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jesus The Horse Thief Fake Messiah 17 1814 December 1, 2021 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Return to ShipBuilder ShipBuilder 36 2949 October 5, 2020 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Relic to return to Bethlehem in time for Christmas zebo-the-fat 18 2253 December 8, 2019 at 7:52 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Jesus’ Failed Prophecy About His Return DoubtingHerFaith 107 15636 January 15, 2019 at 4:29 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  When will Jesus return? Jehanne 28 2696 September 6, 2018 at 9:51 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Just how pervasive is white supremacy among Christians? Whateverist 36 4309 August 20, 2018 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  So Bible rules don't apply to rich white people Fake Messiah 42 11663 March 19, 2018 at 1:07 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Dafuq ? Jesus ain't WHITE ? vorlon13 30 6169 December 14, 2015 at 3:48 am
Last Post: Heat
  Did your church use pictures of a white european jesus? Brakeman 46 8100 February 27, 2015 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7367 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist