Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Bible rules don't apply to rich white people
So Bible rules don't apply to rich white people

Pastor Robert Jeffress is saying in the name of Baptists & Evangelicals that it doesn't matter what Trump does sexually and if he raped someone as long as his policies are "great" and he is a "great" man.
The other guy, Juan Williams, a layman when it comes to Bible doesn't agree that much, but what does he know since he wasn't called personally by god to interpret the Bible to the people.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
RE: So Bible rules don't apply to rich white people
@OP Title.
They never have. Those stories have always been for the express purpose of beating other poor schmucks over the head with, not for purposes of personal accountability. Certain evangelicals see the trumpster as a latter day david..and he was one of magic books trashiest trash people...so it's nbd.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
What hypocrisy.

This isn't about wealth, it's about pushing the christian agenda. Propping up a a christian nation. 

Anyone remember the hissy fit they had/have over the Clinton's?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Oh my god I hate that pastor's accent. "I say the lordddddddd fucksssssssss my asssssssssssss."

Repugnant Undecided
The problem with the Clintons was never his affair(s) or lying. It wasn't even that he was a tax and spend liberal.  It was that they supported gaymosexual peoples right to exist (and, obviously related... that hitlery was a lesbo bitch, ofc).  The irony is how tepid that support was..or how minor the infraction was (if you have a religious need to hate on the gays) - a gay pride month was announced..and we sent a gay ambassador to luxembourg.

Bill attended..and gave sermons, at a southern baptist church.  The southern baptist convention has always allowed for a person to "be a bad person"..to fail to properly express the values and virtues that their congregation deem appropriate.  So, yes, they were pissy about a bj.....but officially, it was about the gays and the sluts.   

This gave rise to this-

Quote:WHEREAS, More than a dozen Southern Baptist state conventions, while offering prayers for the new President, adopted resolutions last fall which expressed concern about and opposition to certain positions held by President Clinton, especially as they pertained to abortion and homosexual rights; and 
http://www.sbc.net/resolutions/1198/on-p...on-clinton

..and this-
Quote:FORGIVE Bill Clinton. I deplore his behavior and feel betrayed as a citizen and as a Southern Baptist - the denominational affiliation that I share with the president. Our Baptist doctrine condemns sexual sin. But it also tempers righteousness with mercy and grace, leaving judgment to God. So, on a personal level, I forgive him as one Baptist to another.
http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1998-09...discipline
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
When asked about being a lackey for the pope, JFK asserted (essentially) he wasn't going to be a very good Catholic during his presidency and the electorate bought it. As it turns out, he wasn't all that pious a Catholic, not that the church hierarchy was going to complain about it.

As for Trumply, he's doing more damage to religiosity than we ever could hope to. That he's doing so with the positive assent and concurrence of so many folks themselves religious just makes it that much more delicious.

Think of the children, indeed . . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Religion is not about any fucking god.  Its about tribalism for these primitive shits.

The depth of their hypocrisy only adds to the disgust factor.
The Bible's laws only apply when convenient.

Just like every thing else with Republicans.
"Tradition" is just a word people use to make themselves feel better about being an asshole.
Never forget the wise words of Napoleon I.

[Image: ac44a1024fa6e35f1a1b72b773cd819c.jpg]

Particularly true of the numbskulls in this country.
(March 9, 2018 at 12:39 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Never forget the wise words of Napoleon I.

[Image: ac44a1024fa6e35f1a1b72b773cd819c.jpg]

Particularly true of the numbskulls in this country.

Or better yet "Religion is the opium of the masses". It's amazing how many religitards misconstrue that little phrase.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The People of Light vs The People of Darkness Leonardo17 2 564 October 27, 2023 at 7:55 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 44106 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Just how pervasive is white supremacy among Christians? Whateverist 36 4064 August 20, 2018 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why don't we have people named Jesus? Alexmahone 28 5429 April 5, 2018 at 8:17 pm
Last Post: Jenny A
  Dafuq ? Jesus ain't WHITE ? vorlon13 30 6052 December 14, 2015 at 3:48 am
Last Post: Heat
  Don't Understand The Appeal Of Christianity To People Imaginos7 30 7732 September 10, 2015 at 1:13 pm
Last Post: Lek
  People Don't Go to Hell in the Bible Rhondazvous 53 16106 August 5, 2015 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: orangebox21
  Atheist house rules? TubbyTubby 25 5618 July 2, 2015 at 1:50 am
Last Post: Joods
  I don't care about bible contradictions. CapnAwesome 112 25884 July 1, 2015 at 11:22 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
Question Why does the Bible say there are different races of people... Aractus 40 9619 March 5, 2015 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd