Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 18, 2024, 8:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any questions on Islam?
RE: Any questions on Islam?
(March 19, 2013 at 8:43 pm)mo66 Wrote: It is literally impossible to punish thought-crime, how on God's green earth can anyone do that? If a person blasphemes publicly, then yes, it is possible to take action, but just thinking about it will definitely go unnoticed lol
Impossible for whom, surely not for allah? But, to roll with your observation, if the religious thought police -could- detect blasphemous thoughts...would they punish them (laying aside that thought crime can and has been detected and punished - regardless of how shakey the charge)?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(March 19, 2013 at 8:45 pm)Rhythm Wrote:
(March 19, 2013 at 8:43 pm)mo66 Wrote: It is literally impossible to punish thought-crime, how on God's green earth can anyone do that? If a person blasphemes publicly, then yes, it is possible to take action, but just thinking about it will definitely go unnoticed lol
Impossible for whom, surely not for allah?
Can you stop being vague please, if you're asking a question, ask it clearly, so I can provide a clear response. You didn't say anything about Allah's punishment, I thought you were talking about shar'i punishments in an Islamic state.

(March 19, 2013 at 8:45 pm)Rhythm Wrote: But, to roll with your observation, if the religious thought police -could- detect blasphemous thoughts...would they punish them (laying aside that thought crime can and has been detected and punished - regardless of how shakey the charge)?
No, thought crimes cannot be punished under any circumstances by any human.
Was I being vague? I thought this was a "questions about islam" thread, not a "questions about sharia" thread. I'll rephrase with more brevity.

Do you subscribe to the notion that allah will enforce punitive measures against those who commit thought crimes deemed as sinful, or do you subscribe to the notion that only allah knows whom will be punished and for what they will be punished (or some other alternative - those two simply being the most common in my experience).

(March 19, 2013 at 8:48 pm)mo66 Wrote: No, thought crimes cannot be punished under any circumstances by any human.

Why not?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(March 19, 2013 at 8:45 pm)mo66 Wrote:
(March 19, 2013 at 8:44 pm)Norfolk And Chance Wrote: And be completely disbelieved.
Congratulations for stringing a sentence together.

Thanks.

I can even string sentences together when I'm drunk. Can you?
You are currently experiencing a lucky and very brief window of awareness, sandwiched in between two periods of timeless and utter nothingness. So why not make the most of it, and stop wasting your life away trying to convince other people that there is something else? The reality is obvious.

(March 19, 2013 at 8:51 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Was I being vague? I thought this was a "questions about islam" thread, not a "questions about sharia" thread. I'll rephrase with more brevity.

Do you subscribe to the notion that allah will enforce punitive measures against those who commit thought crimes deemed as sinful, or do you subscribe to the notion that only allah knows whom will be punished and for what they will be punished (or some other alternative - those two simply being the most common in my experience).

(March 19, 2013 at 8:48 pm)mo66 Wrote: No, thought crimes cannot be punished under any circumstances by any human.

Why not?
Islam has lot of different subsections, you need to make clear what area we are discussing.

Both. This isn't either-or I'm afraid. Allah knows who will be punished and why, Allah will also punish those who disbelieve in Him.

Because Allah doesn't allow it. Simple as that. There is a lot of textual evidence to back up this claim.
(March 19, 2013 at 8:58 pm)mo66 Wrote: Islam has lot of different subsections, you need to make clear what area we are discussing.

Both. This isn't either-or I'm afraid. Allah knows who will be punished and why, Allah will also punish those who disbelieve in Him.

Because Allah doesn't allow it. Simple as that. There is a lot of textual evidence to back up this claim.
No, making some subsect of islam clear would be your job. Fair enough, little bit of both. Allah could, if allah willed, decide not to punish one person for blasphemy but simultaneously punish another for the same thought crime, could he not?

Textual evidence of a claim about a god does not verify the accuracy of the claim Mo. There's alot of textual evidence that Zues threw thunderbolts, after all, and I doubt that you find this very compelling. What it does do, is provide the (proposed) source for your beliefs on the matter, in your interpretation of the text.
(March 19, 2013 at 9:02 pm)Rhythm Wrote:
(March 19, 2013 at 8:58 pm)mo66 Wrote: Islam has lot of different subsections, you need to make clear what area we are discussing.

No, making some subsect of islam clear would be your job. Fair enough, little bit of both. Allah could, if allah willed, decide not to punish one person for blasphemy but simultaneously punish another for the same thought crime, could he not?

Textual evidence of a claim about a god does not verify the accuracy of the claim Mo. There's alot of textual evidence that Zues threw thunderbolts, after all, and I doubt that you find this very compelling. What it does do, is provide the (proposed) source for your beliefs on the matter, in your interpretation of the text.
No, that's your job. You need to be clearer or I will not answer your questions.

Textual evidence only applies to those who believe in the text i.e muslims. You asked me a question about Islam, hence I'm obviously going to invoke Islamic text, doesn't take a genius to figure that one out bud.
Why give him textual evidence if you know he doesn't believe in it?
You are currently experiencing a lucky and very brief window of awareness, sandwiched in between two periods of timeless and utter nothingness. So why not make the most of it, and stop wasting your life away trying to convince other people that there is something else? The reality is obvious.

(March 19, 2013 at 9:07 pm)Norfolk And Chance Wrote: Why give him textual evidence if you know he doesn't believe in it?
Are you brain dead? Have you any idea how stupid you sound? If someone asks a question about newtonian physics, you think they're not allowed to quote principia mathematica because the questioner doesn't "believe" it? If someone ask a question about the "God delusion" written by Richard Dawkins, you're going to have to refer to it somehow, irrelevant of whether or not the questioner believes what it says.
Let's get one thing straight here...you believe in fairy tales. You therefore do not have the credibility to call me brain dead.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 8063 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Questions about Islam nonreligius 3 1297 July 8, 2015 at 6:41 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5640 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  Do you have Questions about Islam ? Khansins 47 8838 November 26, 2014 at 6:48 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Converting from islam any help? Ilovemyself 54 16328 November 8, 2013 at 2:43 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Anti-Islam Dutch politician converts to Islam Muslim Scholar 58 34332 May 16, 2013 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Violet