Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 26, 2024, 11:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Not Hell then what?
RE: If Not Hell then what?
(May 1, 2013 at 12:23 pm)Drich Wrote: He literally created Adam by Hand, and breathed life into Him. Eve by taking genetic material from Adam.
Of course he did. What was I thinking?

I think that instead of writing things, I'll just post some funny memes...[Image: rmx-adam-and-eve_o_412762.jpg][Image: mhztnt.jpg][Image: 357owd.jpg][Image: advice-god-meme-generator-omnipresent-ad...e2fe25.jpg]

he he he he...You be so silly drich. Sooo silly.
I love when you guys default to memes to do you talking for you. especially when there is volume and/or blaspheme involved, as it is almost always a last Effort of a failed arguement..

When your reasoning abilities fail you, nothing over turns a fail arguement like some photoshop and good olde fashion playground peer pressure.. Good job Popeye.
(May 1, 2013 at 8:45 pm)Drich Wrote: I love when you guys default to memes to do you talking for you. especially when there is volume and/or blaspheme involved, as it is almost always a last Effort of a failed arguement..

When your reasoning abilities fail you, nothing over turns a fail arguement like some photoshop and good olde fashion playground peer pressure.. Good job Popeye.

You would need to have provided an argument that was cogent, or perhaps just coherent, before you can start expecting people to take your position seriously, Drich. Your unerring deference to a magic man is not in any way an actual argument.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(May 1, 2013 at 8:45 pm)Drich Wrote: I love when you guys default to memes to do you talking for you. especially when there is volume and/or blaspheme involved, as it is almost always a last Effort of a failed arguement..

Oh Drich, lighten up. The only reason I resorted to memes was to illustrate the absurdity of what you said. I didn't even know that there were Christians on here that actually still believed that.

If you told me that I couldn't travel around the world because the world is flat.

I wouldn't begin to write you an explanation of why you're wrong. It's commonly understood that such a statement is ridiculous and wildly false. There is no evidence for such a thing, and you provided nothing more than an opinion. It would be much easier, and more entertaining to me, to just do this...

[Image: troll-god-240x180.jpg]

[Image: 47311_Papel-de-Parede-Planeta-Terra_1600x12001.jpg]

If you have some sort of intelligible claim, I'd be happy to address it, I just haven't heard you say anything but an opinon. Care to strengthen it with an argument? Or perhaps you'd like to tell me that babies come from storks?
Drich, don't you see how sad this is?..

[Image: 107-Evolution-Shouldnt-Be-Taugh-in-Publi...orial-.jpg]
My claim is that your arguments have failed and you have resorted to Argument from (personal) incredulity (divine fallacy, appeal to common sense) – I cannot imagine how this could be true, therefore it must be false.

Otherwise why go 5 pages arguing the morality of a God who would send you to hell, only to pout and default to a logical fallacy when your reasoning and understanding of God was proven to be in error... Just look at how far reaching you had to go to pull something out you think you can argue.(and its not even you doing it. It's your meme doing the talking you have failed to do.) we started out talking about hell, and you made an honest effort to defend your understanding of it and of God. (Other wise why go back and fourth as long as you did on one subject if you truly thought this to be an invalid topic?) now we are talking about origins. Why? Because you are despretly trying to hide behind the ' I didn't even believe in god in the first place' arguement most of you run behind when your understanding of God gets chewed up and spit out.

If you want to talk about origins start another thread, this one is about hell.
Quote:your reasoning and understanding of God was proven to be in error

Just because our understanding doesn't agree with yours doesn't mean it is in error.
Drich, nothing you've said can be even remotely construed as a logical argument. My inability to imagine something has no bearing on whether or not its false.

Your inability to produce logical reasons for your claims paired with a complete lack of any logical reason for any similar claims is the reason I reject it as true. I've never said its false.

I've only made attempts to address your arguments (should they be presented AS ARGUMENTS) to explain why I, personally reject them. They are not governed by logic, they are irrational and unfounded opinions of the most extreme sense. Make a claim, justify it logically or stop filibustering like a blabbering idiot.
(May 2, 2013 at 10:54 pm)Ryantology Wrote:
Quote:your reasoning and understanding of God was proven to be in error

Just because our understanding doesn't agree with yours doesn't mean it is in error.

The way "our" reason was in error in this case was because popeye defaulted to Logical Fallacies to push the conversation past, a critical comperhension failure of the God of the bible he could not reconcile resulting in 'an appeal to common sense/Divine fallacy.'

Like it or not the use of logical fallacies is a failure in the ablity to logically reason.

Speaking of the God of the bible in a way that differs from how the bible describes Him is a failure the basic understanding of God.

My assessment stands.

(May 2, 2013 at 11:24 pm)Texas Sailor Wrote: Drich, nothing you've said can be even remotely construed as a logical argument. My inability to imagine something has no bearing on whether or not its false.

Your inability to produce logical reasons for your claims paired with a complete lack of any logical reason for any similar claims is the reason I reject it as true. I've never said its false.

I've only made attempts to address your arguments (should they be presented AS ARGUMENTS) to explain why I, personally reject them. They are not governed by logic, they are irrational and unfounded opinions of the most extreme sense. Make a claim, justify it logically or stop filibustering like a blabbering idiot.

Red herring
Good argument.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Brick If everything has a purpose then evil doesn't exist zwanzig 738 41964 June 28, 2023 at 10:48 am
Last Post: emjay
  Someone I know believes in the Devil but not in Hell Der/die AtheistIn 36 2408 March 9, 2019 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: fredd bear
  What I see in the Bible is different then Jews and Christians. Mystic 8 2660 December 31, 2017 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  ...And then there are the days He is silent. Drich 75 17026 May 3, 2017 at 10:53 am
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  What the Hell,is Hell anyway? Vern Cliff 31 7116 October 15, 2015 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Since Heaven and Hell are not temporal .. Brakeman 130 25382 December 19, 2014 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: IATIA
  Hell Houses (AKA: Hallelujah Houses, Heaven or Hell, Christian Haunted House, etc.) Strider 25 6848 December 3, 2014 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Hell does NOT exist in the bible? 1tasolo 24 8104 February 3, 2014 at 9:50 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  If I want a made up God then I'll have Aslan Puddleglum 16 5609 September 20, 2012 at 4:24 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Hell is not real... catfish 146 76265 August 4, 2012 at 12:49 pm
Last Post: Jackalope