Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 22, 2024, 2:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What is "FAITH"
RE: What is "FAITH"
Time came from a timeless thing, and space came from a spaceless thing. You can't create cause if you yourself are caused, you can't create space if you yourself experience space, and you can't create time if you yourself are subject to time.
(July 15, 2013 at 12:25 am)Consilius Wrote: There is no "before the universe existed", because that would require a measure of time, which didn't exist yet.
What I am suggesting is that the universe was caused by something not reliant on time, that existed on a different plane.

And your suggestion is ridiculous because, since causation itself is time dependent, there can be no cause without time - therefore, there can be no cause of universe.

(July 15, 2013 at 12:25 am)Consilius Wrote: We can't have pre-existing causation because there was no time. The cause of the universe does not experience time, because it is timeless.

And since we can't have pre-existing causation, we don't need a cause of the universe.

(July 15, 2013 at 3:49 am)Consilius Wrote: Time came from a timeless thing, and space came from a spaceless thing. You can't create cause if you yourself are caused, you can't create space if you yourself experience space, and you can't create time if you yourself are subject to time.

Time and space didn't "come" from anything and you cannot "create" cause because doing so would require pre-existing causation.
I thought our singularity was the uncaused cause that caused the Big Bang.
If the universe has no cause, how do we account for the Big Bang itself?
(July 15, 2013 at 3:55 am)Consilius Wrote: I thought our singularity was the uncaused cause that caused the Big Bang.
If the universe has no cause, how do we account for the Big Bang itself?

At that point, the singularity was the universe and therefore, the universe has no cause. The Big Bang would simply be transition of universe from one form to another.
The universe is eternal?
(July 15, 2013 at 3:49 am)Consilius Wrote: Time came from a timeless thing, and space came from a spaceless thing. You can't create cause if you yourself are caused, you can't create space if you yourself experience space, and you can't create time if you yourself are subject to time.

UGH. we're back your repeating yourself.

(July 15, 2013 at 4:13 am)Consilius Wrote: The universe is eternal?
Honestly, factual question like that, why don't you google? Why would you trust what someone else says?
Regardless of our argument in the origin of our universe, is what I said there correct?
(July 15, 2013 at 4:13 am)Consilius Wrote: The universe is eternal?

Why not?
Because time occurs with the expansion of the universe, and our universe started expanding at a point.
Oh stop it. Just stop.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  At what point does faith become insanity? Fake Messiah 64 5025 May 8, 2023 at 10:37 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  The soft toys parents hope connect kids to their faith zebo-the-fat 13 1509 October 31, 2021 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Baha'i faith Figbash 5 1103 April 13, 2020 at 12:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [Serious] Comfort in Faith at Death Shell B 142 13773 August 4, 2019 at 11:30 am
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Atheist who is having a crisis of faith emilsein 204 16964 April 29, 2019 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Faith industry Graufreud 8 1044 August 8, 2018 at 6:54 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  My faith is on hold. Mystic 16 4573 May 3, 2018 at 9:40 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Do Christians have faith in oxygen/air? MellisaClarke 83 15517 January 3, 2018 at 6:28 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  What makes your faith true? Fake Messiah 237 37463 November 12, 2017 at 3:27 am
Last Post: Odoital77
  Baha'i Faith, have you heard of it? Silver 22 3696 October 23, 2017 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis