Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 21, 2024, 7:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"IF" there was a God....
RE: "IF" there was a God....
(August 14, 2013 at 3:17 pm)Drich Wrote: Because all have different levels of understanding.
We are required to teach what we understand, nothing more nothing less.

What if your understanding is so botched that you are endangering those you come in contact with, not helping?

(August 14, 2013 at 3:17 pm)Drich Wrote: All Jesus Christ centered interpertations are true till the person who holds that understanding can comperhend more.

Not possible when "all Jesus Christ centered interpretations" can't even agree on what is and isn't a sin.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(August 14, 2013 at 10:49 am)ronedee Wrote: ...What would you ask, demand, blame etc... of Him (God)?

What would be your main gripe of God to air-out? Or maybe you don't have a gripe? But, most everyone here is angry. So, what gives?

Enlighten us Christians on what God (if there is one) should have done right? And what He needs to do to correct it (for you personally)?

This is a serious question btw.
First off... I'm not the bit least angry at any god.
It is my understanding that all gods that humans worship or have worshiped in the past are, most likely, made up by some humans.

So, if any god does exist and does present itself for me to ask it whatever I want...
- What are you?
- How did you come to be?
- What is the meaning of life, the universe, and everything?
- Did you create this Universe?
- If yes, did you create any other universes?
- If yes, what are the differences between them?
- Is the vacuum speed of light a real maximum speed for anything in this Universe?
- How do you make universes?
- What is time?
- What is your source of energy?
- Can you impart on me the ability to perform real magic?
- Are there any more like you?

Finally, the greatest one:
- What do you think of the religions that humans have made up; and of all the ways they have managed to attempt to describe you?

PS: can't wait to see if Drich can answer any of these on it's behalf.... Tongue
(August 14, 2013 at 3:32 pm)Faith No More Wrote: What if your understanding is so botched that you are endangering those you come in contact with, not helping?
This happens in the church all of the time. I would guess and say the majority of ex-Christians who are now atheist are so because of 'botched understandings.'

That is why we have been told to Ask, Seek and Knock. if one adhears to this process 'bad information' will works it's way out of the believers life. If one is lazy and simply and blindly seeks or follows a given denomination of belief because the thinks 'it is The One.' then he and his faith will fail.

(August 14, 2013 at 3:17 pm)Drich Wrote: Not possible when "all Jesus Christ centered interpretations" can't even agree on what is and isn't a sin.
Sin is not the road map to Christianity. Sin is the only important in so far as to indicate the need for repentance and salvation.
(August 14, 2013 at 4:16 pm)Drich Wrote: That is why we have been told to Ask, Seek and Knock. if one adhears to this process 'bad information' will works it's way out of the believers life. If one is lazy and simply and blindly seeks or follows a given denomination of belief because the thinks 'it is The One.' then he and his faith will fail.

But what if what you've just said is bad information?

(August 14, 2013 at 3:17 pm)Drich Wrote: Sin is not the road map to Christianity. Sin is the only important in so far as to indicate the need for repentance and salvation.

You're missing the point. There are many disagreements among all of the "Christ centered interpretations," so each one can't be true. I feel, however, there is a different point you're trying to make but just haven't communicated it properly.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Drich, if god really did speak to me in my mind, I would have no way to prove that he did. It doesn't matter if he really did or not; what matters is that it needs to be verifiable by others. Ask Seek and Knock only works if it can be verified to work 100% of the time. Since this is not the case, I'd say that god's ways are either mysterious indeed, or entirely retarded. Even if other people heard his words the same way by using A/S/K, then they're in the same boat as me, that is, unable to verify his existence still.

But anyway, if this god really was all-loving, he wouldn't just speak to me, he would find a much more efficient way to get his message across. If a meteor was going to strike the earth and wipe out half the population, and I'm the only one god told about this, then this god is a dick to everyone else.
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]
(August 14, 2013 at 10:54 am)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: If there was a god, he wouldn't care about us. Anyway, I wouldn't be mad at god, not like god is required to take care of this world, that's silly. If there was a god, it'd be a completely different species that is many times more intelligent than humans, on the level that humans are more intelligent than say, a rat. This god would have to have peers (it doesn't make sense for anything to exist all by itself.) But yea.

The christian god, on the other hand ...

True story.

No question, just gratitude:

Dude, thanks for inventing sex.... It's awesome!
[Image: earthp.jpg]
Quote:No one is Born into Large "c" Christianity.

You do know that when your horseshit was first written out in Greek that there was no distinction between upper and lower case letters, right?

And the fucking catholics disagree strongly. They can't wait to get their hands on the kids....something they never grow out of.
(August 14, 2013 at 10:49 am)ronedee Wrote: ...What would you ask, demand, blame etc... of Him (God)?

What would be your main gripe of God to air-out? Or maybe you don't have a gripe? But, most everyone here is angry. So, what gives?

Enlighten us Christians on what God (if there is one) should have done right? And what He needs to do to correct it (for you personally)?

This is a serious question btw.

If there was a god of the christian variety then surely this would mean all the bible is true, and doesn't it say in the bible god is perfect, all powerful and all good?
So if the christian god existed no I wouldn't be angry with him at all, I wouldn't be angry at a perfect being I'd just go along with whatever the being said to do. I'd be a bit confused as to how his methods were perfect and as to why he did certain things though.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(August 14, 2013 at 1:32 pm)CleanShavenJesus Wrote:
(August 14, 2013 at 12:37 pm)Drich Wrote: No one is 'born into' Christianity. we choose it or choose to ignore it.

Yes, many people are born into Christianity. I was born into Christianity. Some people I know were born into a household that wasn't religious and didn't even think about Christianity until college.

People are also born into Islam. And Hinduism. and Judaism.

lol no you weren't. You were born into a version of a made made religion who took the title of Christianity. Biblical Christianity is a personal choice we all must make apart from what religion we were born into.
Ignorance is causing you to argue for the sake of arguing. All Christianity is based on an interpretation of the Bible, so you can't convince us that yours is the right Christianity. Before we can even consider your Christ, you need to remember that you must demonstrably prove God first. This is not the last time you will hear this, but I'm sure it's also not the last time you'll ignore it.
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  IF There Was God... ronedee 102 6245 June 23, 2024 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  If There Was A HELPFUL God… BrianSoddingBoru4 49 4780 February 8, 2024 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Proof that there is no God Nihilist Virus 10 2597 March 31, 2017 at 1:58 am
Last Post: ronedee
  There is no argument for the existence of "God" Silver 38 8419 March 15, 2016 at 8:50 am
Last Post: popsthebuilder
  What makes the Christian God different from thr thousands of other Gods out there? bluemonday 66 13479 March 8, 2014 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Rampant.A.I.
  You cant prove there isnt a God Pope Leo Decrapio 24 5968 January 22, 2014 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  how can you say there is no god.... k2490 13 3946 January 18, 2014 at 1:12 pm
Last Post: truthBtold
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 13373 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  First there was Cheesus crust, then there was Cheetos Jesus, now theres.... libalchris 2 2696 July 2, 2012 at 12:57 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  There Is No God Phil 18 6364 April 13, 2012 at 10:02 am
Last Post: DeistPaladin