Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 20, 2024, 1:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ivy (not EVIE) is really leaving for a bit
RE: Ivy (not EVIE) is really leaving for a bit
Apparently I made David do it. So, I'm back. I had to see for myself.

I missed my AF friends! I missed shoutbox!

I knew I wouldn't last long away. Tongue
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
Welcome back.
Thank you. I have come back a bigger mess than I was before, and I got zero things figured out, but hey. If it wasn't helping anyway, might as well return.

I have so much catching up to do... which thread to read first...
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
(September 21, 2013 at 5:50 pm)Ivy Wrote: Thank you. I have come back a bigger mess than I was before, and I got zero things figured out, but hey. If it wasn't helping anyway, might as well return.

Welcome to life.

And welcome back! Smile
missed you, wanton.
Half Baked

Good luck
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
(September 21, 2013 at 6:02 pm)Ivy Wrote: missed you, wanton.

It's always good to surround yourself with those more effed up than yourself, huh. Missed you too, Sweet Pea.
Welcome back, chica! Big Grin

(September 21, 2013 at 5:50 pm)Ivy Wrote: Thank you. I have come back a bigger mess than I was before, and I got zero things figured out, but hey. If it wasn't helping anyway, might as well return.

Nothing extraordinarily difficult in life ever gets solved quickly. Certainly not quickly enough.

At least we're all experienced in dealing with so much shit. I suspect sometimes that's why many of us became atheists. When you have to face the realities of life so consistently or harshly, well, stands to reason you'd be more in touch with reality than fantasy. I suspect too that the reason so many theists remain as they are despite their tribulations is simply because they are just not mentally or emotionally capable of dealing with reality. It's why so many of them are so fucked up, why so many of them so readily accept the most disgusting parodies of human decency and morality; because they're too much of a bunch of gutless cowards to deal with their shit so they just utterly give up. Weaklings.

You're strong, Ivy. You aren't giving up. I doubt you will, either.

Hold strong, babe. You'll get through it and I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we'll all try our damned hardest to make sure you do.
Ivy Wrote:I have so much catching up to do... which thread to read first...

This one was epic.. all of it.

From Drich asking us to let him pray that we get AIDS
(August 26, 2013 at 10:31 pm)Drich Wrote: I am saying if you do not think you would ask God to spare your life when face with a terrible disease like aids, I am asking you to allow me to pray that God strike you down with aids, cancer or whatever it takes for you to beg and or grovel for your life. Why?To simply prove the point that there are no atheist when you are staring down the barrel of eternity. That is how I know those 'elite controllers' were healed. Because I know they prayed. Even the ones who thought they were atheist.

I'm not just talking about " a bad day, week, month, or even year." Again the offer is if you think you can, you will stand firm in your beliefs and not beg for mercy/life just say the word, and I will ask God to infect you with something or place you in a situation where you can find out for yourself.

Not a terrible life. A deadly disease. Or to be put in a life and death situation. There is nothing I am offering to do for you that I have not already prayed for myself. In that, a long time ago I asked God to do whatever it took, even if it meant my life, to help me see and understand Him. I now offer that on your behalf for you. Not as a curse but an opportunity to not only know yourself, but in the journey to get to know God.

For he who cherishes his life above all else will loose it. And he who forsakes his life for Christ will gain eternal life.

Just know I generally get what I pray for.

To Stimbo and I telling him to do it

To Drich calling military service men d-bags and claiming there's no atheists in foxholes
(August 27, 2013 at 12:43 pm)Drich Wrote:
(August 27, 2013 at 11:37 am)CleanShavenJesus Wrote: [Image: atheists_in_foxholes.jpg]

They do not look like they're underfire to me. Or do you not know what a fox hole is? Those guys look like they work 'in the rear with the gear' where people can still afford to deny God. (Note the big High wall behind them and the gate.) Again a base is not a fox hole.

The 'd-bags' are 'd-bags' because they are in a 'safe' place well outside of harms way posing for a picture that implies they are in harms way.

Or this concurrent thread where JohnV and Godschild are reasoning dismemberment, then rape, and child murder into their psyche

http://atheistforums.org/thread-20696-po...#pid503366

(September 5, 2013 at 1:25 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote:
(September 4, 2013 at 1:19 pm)John V Wrote: Think about it. The law has the general principal of eye for eye and tooth for tooth. Since a woman doesn't have balls, this clarifies the punishment for that situation. Ripping out her lady junk would probably be worse than cutting off a hand.

(September 6, 2013 at 9:00 am)John V Wrote:
(September 6, 2013 at 7:27 am)Brakeman Wrote: Unless of course his intention was to rape her and force her to submit to his whims for her entire life.

Deuteronomy 22:28-29 (NIV)

28 If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, 29 he shall pay her father fifty shekels[a] of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.
We've covered this one before. Some translations do not use "rape." That he seizes her could imply that, but that "they" are discovered implies it's a situation of seduction. In that society men prized virginity in a potential bride. The man in this case was forced to pay the father the bride price. Note that the father was not forced to give up the girl to the man. But, if he chose to, the man was forced to support her for life. The passage is a protection for women, not a punishment of them.

(September 7, 2013 at 10:43 am)Godschild Wrote: Those Christian martyrs were not committing mass murder on the innocent. I'm yet to find an atheist who defends 9/11, that is unless you're the first.

Smile GC

(September 11, 2013 at 12:08 am)missluckie26 Wrote:
(September 9, 2013 at 5:35 pm)Godschild Wrote: Oh boy, how ridiculous. Just to show you I'll give the effort, I went and looked up the Hebrew for tore and it does not indicate death, nor does any of the other translations of those verses I reviewed. Now that we have that out of the way let's examine the verses, those boys were not only mocking Elisha but, God as well. We know these boys came from Bethel which at the time was the center of pagan idol worship in Israel the Northern Kingdom. These boys were telling Elisha not to come to Bethel and bring God's word because no one there wanted to hear it. So God punished those boys for their mockery and rejection of His prophet and His word.

I too looked up the Hebrew for tore and it indicates to be made into morsels, to be plucked up and torn to pieces.

In any case if you're actually saying what I think you're saying: those boys weren't killed, just mauled so that makes it okay. I'd like to know from where in the text it indicates to you that those children weren't ripped to shreds by two bears.

Or my thread thanking these wonderful theists for concreting my belief that they're psycho, at which point Catfish calls me a cunt for calling him out as a troll so I take the high road and call him a cuntfish.. Apparently not having a valid point whatsoever pissed him off.
http://atheistforums.org/thread-20756-po...#pid504669

That was fun.

I'm tired so technically i only made it to the lowlights. Highlights to follow Wink On one note, you missed German's birthday! Oh and I posted a meme cat of you again.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
Thank you for taking the time to do this for me, miss. I will have to go throuh these one by one. Some of these things are crazy lol
Half Baked

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pizza, just bit the bullet, trying something new. Brian37 19 1731 June 14, 2021 at 11:58 am
Last Post: brewer
  Leaving FB Silver 14 1034 November 18, 2020 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Apollo
  It's a little bit strange to....... Cod 8 2014 July 7, 2019 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Britain can be a bit strange! zebo-the-fat 37 3629 January 5, 2019 at 7:21 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Guys, is she a bit funny in the head? ignoramus 12 2401 December 24, 2017 at 6:51 am
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  Smaller trouble in little China? Naw, not really... Brian37 0 645 October 24, 2017 at 3:05 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Leaving Atheist Forums ScienceAf 16 3653 January 10, 2017 at 3:48 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  Bit of fun: Maverick vs. Boss robvalue 1 582 December 20, 2016 at 10:15 am
Last Post: paulpablo
  A bit of poetry Lemonvariable72 0 575 February 3, 2016 at 12:07 am
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  I Like Evie's New Sig Rhondazvous 55 6276 January 30, 2016 at 11:13 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous