Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 23, 2024, 12:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christians/Theists... why is it that ya'll think Harry Potter "bad"
RE: Christians/Theists... why is it that ya'll think Harry Potter "bad"
(January 10, 2014 at 4:34 pm)Drich Wrote: I've given you everything you need to know

So very wrong
<re-reads thread>
No you haven't given anything at all that shows sorcery as an evocation of supernatural powers that has effects in our material world.
I've asked repeatedly for how to effect such a manifestation.

Drich Wrote:, but it seems you don't comperhend, rather you believe the key to sorcery is a nonsequitor, and you persist in seeking the manifestation of the fictional version of it.

No, not fictional. I'm asking you for method which when followed will reliably result in some change in reality as we experience it not already explained by the regularity we already observe and call Nature.

I expected it to end this way. You live a life of pretense and cannot respond to those who request substance.
So how, exactly, does God know that She's NOT a brain in a vat? Huh
I don't have a problem with it, pure entertainment, I have all the movie.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(January 11, 2014 at 1:30 am)Godschild Wrote: I don't have a problem with it, pure entertainment, I have all the movie.

GC

well atleast youre not one of those guys haha. I gotta say, youre one of a kind
xR34P3Rx
it isn't in our nature to think of a God, it is in our nature to seek answers and the concept of God is most influenced in this world.
(January 11, 2014 at 1:54 am)xr34p3rx Wrote:
(January 11, 2014 at 1:30 am)Godschild Wrote: I don't have a problem with it, pure entertainment, I have all the movie.

GC

well atleast youre not one of those guys haha. I gotta say, youre one of a kind

Like I said for me it's entertainment, for others if it bothers them they shouldn't watch it. It's like many movies that cover many subjects, good vs evil.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(January 11, 2014 at 2:09 am)Godschild Wrote:
(January 11, 2014 at 1:54 am)xr34p3rx Wrote: well atleast youre not one of those guys haha. I gotta say, youre one of a kind

Like I said for me it's entertainment, for others if it bothers them they shouldn't watch it. It's like many movies that cover many subjects, good vs evil.

well im glad you see it that way
xR34P3Rx
it isn't in our nature to think of a God, it is in our nature to seek answers and the concept of God is most influenced in this world.
If witchcraft were real then logically employing witchcraft must give you a superior edge on almost everything. Therefore the richest , most successfull people must be using witchcraft

burn them all
(January 11, 2014 at 3:49 am)là bạn điên Wrote: If witchcraft were real then logically employing witchcraft must give you a superior edge on almost everything. Therefore the richest , most successfull people must be using witchcraft

burn them all

yep burn them all... its perfectly uh.. reasonable to kill witches that are using witchcraft to heal others as for the ones who talk to the sky daddy big boss, isnt doing anything... sounds legit Thinking
xR34P3Rx
(January 11, 2014 at 3:49 am)là bạn điên Wrote: If witchcraft were real then logically employing witchcraft must give you a superior edge on almost everything. Therefore the richest , most successfull people must be using witchcraft

burn them all

[Image: what_else_floats.jpg]

We found a witch, my we burn her?
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
(January 10, 2014 at 3:18 am)xr34p3rx Wrote: So let me emphasize the reason of this post.
For the people who dont know my background (as probably no one does), i live in a christian home, father is a pastor and when they see me watching harry potter, they say its "bad". I ask why? Its just bad...

I fail to understand why people think its wrong or in some way have a correlation with satan...?
its like saying a hammer is bad...? why dont they say the same to Hulk or Captain America...? maybe Thor as well? its all fantasy!

This is most directed to theists but my fellow atheists are free to comment Smile

With Airy Pot-tua or just Airy, the acting is bad, the writting is bad, you have to be a fan of the books to understand what is going on, it's like an all inclusive inside joke/store that last way too long with no redeemable qualities what so ever.. It is a literal sin to given any more money to the franchise. Otherwise they may make another one.

Now with the avengers, they kick ass, and are a Merican thing and not evil so it's ok.
Wink
I know Hallowe'en is a time for zombies, Drich, but you ought to know better than that.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 16780 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Video #2 Why bad things happen to Good people. Drich 13 1887 January 6, 2020 at 11:05 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  "Good" & "Bad" Christians? Fake Messiah 153 12643 August 27, 2019 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  What do the conservative Christians here think of Professor Bart Ehrman? Jehanne 69 7197 March 8, 2019 at 10:44 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 9481 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Bad News For Evangelicals Minimalist 62 7602 November 15, 2018 at 8:10 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Why are Christians so full of hate? I_am_not_mafia 183 20697 October 18, 2018 at 7:50 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Another reason why Christians go to church Alexmahone 40 5447 August 20, 2018 at 10:35 am
Last Post: Cod
  Christians: Can you see why atheists don't buy this stuff? vulcanlogician 49 4853 August 19, 2018 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Theists - I want to know what you think LadyForCamus 77 11931 May 14, 2018 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet