Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 7, 2024, 7:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Abortion is morally wrong
RE: Abortion is morally wrong
Thanks for you input, Brian.
(June 21, 2014 at 4:58 pm)Arthur123 Wrote: Thanks for you input, Brian.

Actually thank you, I always like putting nosy morons on display who think they know what is best for everyone else.
What, precisely, is wrong with current abortion law? Late term abortions, which everyone takes issue with on moral grounds, are exceeingly rare and almost always involve a medical emergency. Anyone today that considers abortion a relevant political topic worthy of dialogue is a narrow minded fool that demonstrates the inability to prioritize.

If you don't want an abortion, don't have one. If you are a man and don't like abortion, then take that up with your sexual partner before you get your dick wet.

I also ask for a little consistency. Although I'm using generalizations, I can't get my head around why the pro-life crowd is also the same crowd that despises food and housing welfare and public education. It's as if they wash themselves clean at birth, "Welcome to the world. Good luck. I desperately wanted you here, now you're just a fucking burden. If you make it to the age of 18, I will support your destiny to go catch a bullet in a foreign land that poses no threat to the rest of us while hanging a crisp flag from my house playing Fortunate Son and Born in the U.S.A. without understanding the meanings of their lyrics. If you survive, don't come back to my town until you're 21 years of age. Being shot at and defending my freedom half the world away doesn't earn you the right to a beer. Hell, even after you turn 21 I still won't allow you the pleasure on Sunday."

My portrayal of the Christian Right is accurate. They can all go fuck themselves. Just leave the rest of us alone.
Oh and the other thing idiots like you don't want to face, is even if I agreed with you, which I do not, outlawing it would put girls/women's lives in danger and put them right back in back allies and coat hangers.

Not to mention, what would the punishment be if abortion was outlawed, not for the doctor, but for the girl? Didn't think of that shit did you? DUMBASS!
(June 21, 2014 at 4:31 pm)Arthur123 Wrote: Brian my argument has nothing to do with religion and is based on the right or wrongness of an action. Me being a male and not having a vagina commits the genetic fallacy. You also commit the fallacy of appealing to popular belief

What? Being male isn't the problem. It's not being the owner of the uterus in question. No human being, no matter how big or small, has any inherent right to my uterus except me. No one else.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
There is also this stupid presumption that if someone is pro choice, that somehow we cant have empathy for the idea "wouldn't it be great if every baby was healthy and wanted", yes even pro choice theists and pro choice atheists think the same thing. But the problem is that reality will never allow for that. So we deal with the reality we have, not a utopia. And the best we can do is not judge a girl/woman who gets to that point because we have no idea what their personal condition is nor do we even know if they have the means to raise the kid. So the only thing we can do is allow the girl/doctor, to decide and if it gets to that point make it as safe as possible.
(June 21, 2014 at 4:43 pm)Arthur123 Wrote: No, I believe being genetically human is all that matters. When you say kill inherent in that sentence is that something is already alive because it is philosophically unintelligible to kill something that is already dead.

Yes, but "alive" is a separate characteristic that's now present within your definition. Of course you can't kill things that aren't alive, that's the point I'm making: you're appealing to additional characteristics beyond "genetically human" when you say that a fetus can be killed.

You're right, it's not possible to kill non-living things. Doesn't that entail the assumption that a fetus is alive when you're saying abortion is killing it? And doesn't that mean that this question of human genetics is irrelevant to the discussion you're actually trying to have?
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Losty, I argued that individuals have the right to bodily autonomy up until the point they commit a moral impermissible act.

No I don't believe anything needs to be added to my definition of a genetically complete human being. If fetus' weren't alive than you wouldn't be able to kill it. Since I don't find your dead corpse argument effective I'm not sure what your arguing at this point.
Family planning is mostly sex education, cancer screening, mammograms, papsmeares(sp), disease testing. The last resort with these organizations and the least thing they do are abortions.

I think the biggest way to reduce abortions and the best way is to have equal pay for women, better pay for the middle class and working poor, and better education that will teach both boys and girls how to plan their lives ahead of time.
I agree with everything you just stated in your post, Brian.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is murder wrong if Many Worlds Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics is true? FlatAssembler 52 4419 August 7, 2022 at 8:51 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  J.J. Thompson's Violinist Thought Experiment Concerning Abortion vulcanlogician 29 2026 January 3, 2022 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  After birth abortion? Mystical 109 10012 August 19, 2018 at 11:47 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  What is wrong with FW? Little Rik 126 16426 August 17, 2018 at 4:10 am
  God does not determine right and wrong Alexmahone 134 16290 February 12, 2018 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Is it possible for a person to be morally neutral? Der/die AtheistIn 10 2096 October 15, 2017 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Abortion -cpr on the fetus? answer-is-42 153 17357 July 5, 2015 at 12:50 am
  What is wrong with this premise? Heywood 112 20128 February 21, 2015 at 3:34 am
  The foundations of William L. Craigs "science" proven wrong? Arthur Dent 5 1314 July 25, 2014 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Rabb Allah
  "God has morally sufficient reasons for permitting evil" Freedom of thought 58 18149 December 27, 2013 at 12:58 am
Last Post: Freedom of thought