Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 26, 2024, 3:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.88 Average
Where did the universe come from? Atheistic origin science has no answer.
RE: Where did the universe come from? Atheistic origin science has no answer.
(July 14, 2014 at 8:55 am)Revelation777 Wrote: Because you don't have a choice of what is reality. Valhalla is not real, heaven is. Why? Because God said so.

I wonder what it takes for you to post a a statement which seeks to dismiss the very thing you endorse in the same statement.

When you read this back to yourself, do you not just think "wow, I had a serious dumb moment then didn't I?"

Do you think you're doing your God's work acting the fool? Isn't there anyone else we can talk to?
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(July 14, 2014 at 8:55 am)Revelation777 Wrote: Because you don't have a choice of what is reality. Valhalla is not real, heaven is. Why? Because God said so.

Didn't you get through saying earlier on the page that I can choose my own destiny? Thinking

You mean there's someone limiting my choices?! Why, it's almost like someone else is choosing for me, against my will! Confusedhock:
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(July 14, 2014 at 8:55 am)Revelation777 Wrote:
(July 12, 2014 at 12:02 am)Esquilax Wrote: Why would you not choose Valhalla? Tongue

Because you don't have a choice of what is reality. Valhalla is not real, heaven is. Why? Because God said so.

What is REAL?
How do you define REAL?

It seems you define it by what is written in a book. A book that makes rather bold claims concerning a rather extraordinary entity... the one you
are calling god.
That would not be a definition of REAL that I (or any atheist on this forum) would use...

Is it REAL that any god said what you think it said?

Is it REAL that any god exists?
(July 11, 2014 at 8:50 am)Revelation777 Wrote:
(July 10, 2014 at 7:54 pm)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: How do you show love, hope, and faith? Have you sold all of your possessions and given the proceeds to the poor? If someone asks you for something do you give it to him without a second thought? Have you left your family and started preaching across the land with just the clothes on your back? Is your faith strong enough to enable you to move a mountain just by telling it to move?
No doubt I have been changed by Christ, He is still working on me.
So your answer to the above questions is "no"?
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(July 10, 2014 at 1:13 am)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: It's hard to wrap your head around the concept of "nothing" because everything in our reality is in fact "something". Therefore it's hard to think about what "nothing" is and its properties. The quantum foam theory attempts to explain how everything came from nothing. It makes a lot more sense than the Catholic theory of the Big Bang does.
krauss said in his book: “There is something simply because if there were nothing, we wouldn’t find ourselves living there!”
so that would mean since things are here, it didn't come from 'nothing'.
Atheist Credo: A universe by chance that also just happened to admit the observer by chance.
(July 15, 2014 at 1:15 am)snowtracks Wrote:
(July 10, 2014 at 1:13 am)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: It's hard to wrap your head around the concept of "nothing" because everything in our reality is in fact "something". Therefore it's hard to think about what "nothing" is and its properties. The quantum foam theory attempts to explain how everything came from nothing. It makes a lot more sense than the Catholic theory of the Big Bang does.
krauss said in his book: “There is something simply because if there were nothing, we wouldn’t find ourselves living there!”

Then we agree? There was never an unadulterated 'nothing'. Before anything you can name, X, there were the necessary conditions to give rise to X, and so on ad infinitum. A prime mover is therefore absurd given this fact.
(July 15, 2014 at 1:22 am)whateverist Wrote:
(July 15, 2014 at 1:15 am)snowtracks Wrote: krauss said in his book: “There is something simply because if there were nothing, we wouldn’t find ourselves living there!”

Then we agree? There was never an unadulterated 'nothing'. Before anything you can name, X, there were the necessary conditions to give rise to X, and so on ad infinitum. A prime mover is therefore absurd given this fact.
the cause is always greater than effect. the mind exist, so it didn't originate from the mindless.
Atheist Credo: A universe by chance that also just happened to admit the observer by chance.
(July 15, 2014 at 1:52 am)snowtracks Wrote: the cause is always greater than effect. the mind exist, so it didn't originate from the mindless.

I think we need to acquaint you with a couple things, like nuclear bombs or landslides, or grenades. Dodgy
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Where did the universe come from? Atheistic origin science has no answer.
(July 15, 2014 at 1:52 am)snowtracks Wrote:
(July 15, 2014 at 1:22 am)whateverist Wrote: Then we agree? There was never an unadulterated 'nothing'. Before anything you can name, X, there were the necessary conditions to give rise to X, and so on ad infinitum. A prime mover is therefore absurd given this fact.
the cause is always greater than effect. the mind exist, so it didn't originate from the mindless.

Tell that to an avalanche
(July 15, 2014 at 1:52 am)snowtracks Wrote: the cause is always greater than effect. the mind exist, so it didn't originate from the mindless.
Let me see if that logic is generalizable.

"The natural exists, so it didn't originate from the supernatural."

They both seem to beg the question.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Debunk the divine origin LinuxGal 35 2538 October 9, 2023 at 7:31 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1451 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Age of the Universe/Earth Ferrocyanide 31 4221 January 8, 2020 at 10:06 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  questions Christians can't answer Fake Messiah 23 3034 October 15, 2019 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: Acrobat
  Good Christians only may answer... Gawdzilla Sama 58 10518 September 18, 2018 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  No-one under 25 in iceland believes god created the universe downbeatplumb 8 1856 August 19, 2018 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Christians: Why does the answer have to be god? IanHulett 67 15454 April 5, 2018 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Josh McDowell and the "atheistic" Internet Jehanne 43 6420 February 8, 2018 at 1:32 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Supernatural denial, atheistic hypocrisy? Victory123 56 9964 February 1, 2018 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  Miracles in Christianity - how to answer KiwiNFLFan 89 19456 December 24, 2017 at 3:16 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer