Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 7, 2024, 7:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Abortion is morally wrong
RE: Abortion is morally wrong
(July 30, 2014 at 7:51 pm)answer-is-42 Wrote: If you accept that the fetus is a moral subject then you have responsibility to him/her to Atleast provide life until they can do so or you can safely abdicate it (responsibility of pregnant).
Thats an additional assumption. You've defined abortion as morally wrong and thusly concluded that abortion is morally wrong. Christ....that took forever - and it was wholly unsurprising.

I accept that a fetus is a moral subject. But I do not make the extraneous and additional assumption that you have the moral responsibility to provide life for a moral subject.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 30, 2014 at 7:55 pm)Losty Wrote: People need to be adopting the millions of orphans we already have.

This cannot be overstated. There are wayyyyyy to many kids out there now in need of a home for the "there's always adoption" argument to hold much water!
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
Wow this thread is still going on? I'll point out a case where I will always consider abortion immoral - When done by futile reasons such as 'I wanted a boy but it's a girl'. It seems to me an unnecessary case considering gender equality and the fact the wish to have children exists.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Don't go there Blackout. I did and Losty kicked me in the balls. :-)
It's my personal morality, you can have an abortion by any reason you want, just don't ask me to think all reasons are ok. Some are pretty justifiable, others not so much.

Quote:You can argue that these women could give the baby up for adoption when it's born, but they know they won't. A woman knows what she is and isn't capable of. If she chooses to abort she's not shirking her responsibilities to the fetus. She's doing what she thinks is best for all parties including the fetus.

Not arguing on this, I don't think the adoption argument is relevant, but I'm pretty sure if you want to give a kid to adoption you need to sign papers and he/she is taken away from you as soon as he/she is born. I know a woman who did that and it happened like this... She equally denies her parental rights too
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

It's definitely something that needs to be nutted out when we have the technology to design a baby from scratch.
It won't be just girl or boy, but brown or white, long or short, intelligent or athletic. ;-)
(July 30, 2014 at 8:46 pm)Little lunch Wrote: It's definitely something that needs to be nutted out when we have the technology to design a baby from scratch.
It won't be just girl or boy, but brown or white, long or short, intelligent or athletic. ;-)

we are still far away from reaching that stage. And most people will prefer the natural method either way

Agreed.
(July 30, 2014 at 8:39 pm)Little lunch Wrote: Don't go there Blackout. I did and Losty kicked me in the balls. :-)

I would just like to point out that I have never, nor will I ever, kick anyone in the balls. I like balls and I like to do only nice things to them.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(July 30, 2014 at 9:03 pm)Losty Wrote:
(July 30, 2014 at 8:39 pm)Little lunch Wrote: Don't go there Blackout. I did and Losty kicked me in the balls. :-)

I would just like to point out that I have never, nor will I ever, kick anyone in the balls. I like balls and I like to do only nice things to them.

My balls are made of steel

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is murder wrong if Many Worlds Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics is true? FlatAssembler 52 4419 August 7, 2022 at 8:51 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  J.J. Thompson's Violinist Thought Experiment Concerning Abortion vulcanlogician 29 2026 January 3, 2022 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  After birth abortion? Mystical 109 10012 August 19, 2018 at 11:47 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  What is wrong with FW? Little Rik 126 16426 August 17, 2018 at 4:10 am
  God does not determine right and wrong Alexmahone 134 16290 February 12, 2018 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Is it possible for a person to be morally neutral? Der/die AtheistIn 10 2096 October 15, 2017 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Abortion -cpr on the fetus? answer-is-42 153 17357 July 5, 2015 at 12:50 am
  What is wrong with this premise? Heywood 112 20128 February 21, 2015 at 3:34 am
  The foundations of William L. Craigs "science" proven wrong? Arthur Dent 5 1314 July 25, 2014 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Rabb Allah
  "God has morally sufficient reasons for permitting evil" Freedom of thought 58 18149 December 27, 2013 at 12:58 am
Last Post: Freedom of thought