Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 23, 2024, 7:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proving the Bible is false in few words.
RE: Proving the Bible is false in few words.
Personally I think that bringing up historical facts which do not support the bible, comparative religion which gives them a wider view of religions in general and make them think about subjective interpretation will go longer way in disproving the bible to Christians. The best way to widen the narrow minded experience that Christians who believe in the literal bible is to undermine the book's foundations.

You have to remember that if they believe in a book such as that, it's because objective logic does not apply. It's something else that "feeds" their belief in the bible being the literal word of god. They have "faith". Worship
(May 26, 2010 at 6:52 pm)Caecilian Wrote:

1. If we're using the word universe as an abstract concept, rather than a time in a spacial orientation seems reasonable. I think in i., it's not necessarily true that "all" would be inclusive within the universe. For example, if God were corporeal we'd say "God's hand" instead of "all of God" in i. Seeing as he's most likely incorporeal then for us to hold i. as true we'd have to assume that there is absolute similarity tothe point of uniformity in hatever makes up the G-stuff.

3.- Is your boss at work an opressor?
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
I'm still alive btw.
Biblical god is FAKE! Believe in a god I don't care, just not a god written about in books those are fictitious made up by man.
Why can't people just accept we are a tiny speck in this immense universe. We are not special. We are one solar system in one galaxy of BILLIONS of galaxy's. The sheer number of planets/stars out there is impossible to comprehend.
This is just "how it is" the universe is just as we see it nothing special nothing supernatural, this is the universe.

"...the illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world."

- Carl Sagan
Is that the atheist version of the "God just is" arguement?
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

Hmm... "god just isn't" Big Grin
But they have stupid reasons for the God argument. (Just look outside how does that not prove god) lol

If they took all man based religions and took a more agnostic point, I think we would all be on the same page.
Something created the big bang, and all matter came from somewhere. UNLESS that is "just how it is". No gods, just the way our natural universe works. Our world is just a infinite space with matter in it that creates everything we know ... maybe we are on the 5th big bang or the millionth.I don't know, and I'm not even sure it really matters much. All I know is man based religion is false. IE Christianity, Muslim.. Greek Gods. They have no place in politics or the way we run the world that is where my gripe with religion is at.

"...the illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world."

- Carl Sagan
(June 2, 2010 at 6:55 pm)paintpooper Wrote: They have no place in politics or the way we run the world that is where my gripe with religion is at.

100% Agreed. Religion is outdated as a governmental system. Personal freedom has been realized by too many people for that now.
Religion never was indated as a governmental system.
(June 2, 2010 at 6:14 pm)tackattack Wrote: Is that the atheist version of the "God just is" arguement?

Good one Tack wish I had thought of that.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
I'm sure the jews would disagree with you on that Fr0d0, theocracies and ecclesiocracies are outdated but they were a intended as a definite type of government ( Israel, papacy, Byzantine empire I believe, etc). Religion I believe was misused in this way for the gain of control and power, which is the goals of some religions. I agree that religion should have no place in modern governments.
@paintpooper- We still wouldn't be on the same page with "Something created the big bang, and all matter came from somewhere. UNLESS that is "just how it is". ". as a theist I'd believe in the former and as an atheist you'd be on the latter. We'd have no way of determining which is the null characteristic of the universe. I have a lot of respect for atheism, they assume everything starts out as null or nothing and that's very effective when gauging materialistic things.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Proving evolution? LinuxGal 24 2825 March 19, 2023 at 10:36 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 44853 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Did Moses really write the first few books of the bible? T.J. 30 2324 November 19, 2021 at 10:39 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The implications of Obama's words at the Charleston shooting memorial. Duty 21 1997 April 13, 2021 at 3:29 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why does god put the needs of the few above the need of the many? Greatest I am 69 5458 February 19, 2021 at 10:30 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  The false miracle of Fatima now a movie Foxaèr 17 1733 September 6, 2020 at 2:03 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Christian trigger words Nihilist Virus 173 21408 April 12, 2019 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  World ending on April 23rd, says false prophet Divinity 41 8742 April 27, 2018 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Truer Words Were Never Spoken Minimalist 9 2573 April 23, 2018 at 8:39 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Record few Americans believe in Biblical inerrancy. Jehanne 184 23368 December 31, 2017 at 12:37 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician