Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 29, 2024, 12:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yes I pick on all religions.
RE: Yes I pick on all religions.
How do you manage to use a computer saying stupid shit like that? Just like your pet god claim and your religion, you cherry pick science, hypocritically use the products of science, then shit on it when it conflicts with your personal claims.

Science does not require faith. Science is the opposite of faith. Faith is simply a matter of making excuses to cling to claims that make you feel good.
I agree Brian. Carry on I have faith you'll get there Big Grin
(September 13, 2014 at 10:13 am)fr0d0 Wrote: @ Wolfie : a physical manifestation of God is you. Go test yourself for existence.

Really? Because I would claim that I'm a physical manifestation of the flying spaghetti monster.

You see how stupid what you just said was? Prove that god exists and that he can create people, until then, your assertion has the exact same amount of evidence, and is as justified in believing as my'n was.
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
Froodo.....No one is claiming that humans are gods themselves. It would be as stupid as accusing us of being Superman. If no such thing exists then humans cannot claim to be those things either.
Humans are not gods, no. They are evidence of his creation, just like everything else in existence.

You can look at that any way you like. But If you want physical evidence of God, that's how you're framing the question, then his physical creation is all around you.

There is no proving independently that God made anything. I thought we'd established that. Unless you know different of course.

Carry on.
Everything in existence is evidence of the Flying Spaghetti Monsters creation

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
No, humans are NOT evidence of a god you moron.

Otherwise lightening is proof of Thor.

You like what you believe and you are too fucking stubborn just like a Muslim or Jew or Hindu to consider it is you falling for that crap.

Humans make up gods, not the other way around.
I do believe you're getting somewhere Wolfie.

So where do you go next?

(September 13, 2014 at 11:06 am)Brian37 Wrote: No, humans are NOT evidence of a god you moron.

Otherwise lightening is proof of Thor.

You like what you believe and you are too fucking stubborn just like a Muslim or Jew or Hindu to consider it is you falling for that crap.

Humans make up gods, not the other way around.

Of course they are. IF you ask the question about God. If we assume that God is the creator of everything, then everything physically extant is that creation.

Same with Thor. If we assume Thor, then lightening is Thor playing with his hammer. But then the Thor myth falls apart once you know scientifically how lightening forms. It's a naive proposal. Not so with the Christian God. That proposal holds water, so we are forced to concede it a possibility. We cannot dismiss it with blatantly simplistic error.
YOU assume god, just like an ignorant child before they can question assumes that Santa is real because the parent told them so.

I grew up. There never was or will be an invisible sky hero, just like Osirus was not a real god. Just like Thor was not a real god. Just like Allah is not a real god.

5O billion years from now our species will not exist and our sun will have long since exploded or collapsed and there will be absolutely no record of our existence much less the stupid myths and gods humans childishly make up. It really is ok to accept reality, just like we know know the earth is not flat.
(September 13, 2014 at 11:06 am)fr0d0 Wrote: I do believe you're getting somewhere Wolfie.

So where do you go next?

We go to: you need to stop claiming that everything is proof of god, because anyone can claim that everything is proof of any god.

(September 13, 2014 at 11:06 am)fr0d0 Wrote: Of course they are. IF you ask the question about God. If we assume that God is the creator of everything, then everything physically extant is that creation.

Same with Thor. If we assume Thor, then lightening is Thor playing with his hammer. But then the Thor myth falls apart once you know scientifically how lightening forms. It's a naive proposal. Not so with the Christian God.

Well actually a lot of things that the xian god has done, can be explained scientifically, and a lot of things he has done, are physically impossible. How the earth was formed for example, we know how our planet formed.

(September 13, 2014 at 11:06 am)fr0d0 Wrote: That proposal holds water, so we are forced to concede it a possibility. We cannot dismiss it with blatantly simplistic error.

I agree, we can't just dismiss it, but we can reserve judgement until more evidence is presented.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Interesting correlation between God and light in major world religions... Ajay0 17 1959 May 24, 2019 at 4:10 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  To all religions/What makes you think...... Brian37 22 3197 February 26, 2019 at 8:46 am
Last Post: no one
  Religions Role in Social Movements, Essential or Accidental? Neo-Scholastic 17 3735 October 4, 2018 at 3:58 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Are all religions cults? Aroura 88 12357 September 30, 2018 at 1:41 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Why do some believers claim that all religions are just as good? Der/die AtheistIn 22 4001 June 25, 2018 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Why do the Abrahamic religions hate the female body so much? Rhondazvous 84 11625 June 18, 2018 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Should Governments regulate fraudulent religions? Greatest I am 37 13302 March 23, 2018 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  How I view all the world's religions. Brian37 0 624 March 22, 2018 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Why you should distrust all religions. Jehanne 57 11568 January 9, 2018 at 8:26 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Why are most religions agains homosexuality? Der/die AtheistIn 140 24465 December 22, 2017 at 9:48 am
Last Post: Antares