Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 6, 2024, 2:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheistic Dogma- Scientific Fundamentalism
RE: Atheistic Dogma- Scientific Fundamentalism
(September 16, 2014 at 12:09 am)sswhateverlove Wrote:
Quote:Very interesting. Please tell me how I get outside the universe to make those observations.

Unfortunately, the lack of omniscience prevents me from being able to elaborate further. Maybe we can get a theist to ask god? Tongue

I asked him many times over and over. Funny how he didn't answer.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
There are many out there that hide behind the cloak of science, thinking they know what their talking about, as if their scientist themselves, these are nothing more than sheep, no better than the sheep of the religious.
(September 16, 2014 at 12:32 am)psychoslice Wrote: There are many out there that hide behind the cloak of science, thinking they know what their talking about, as if their scientist themselves, these are nothing more than sheep, no better than the sheep of the religious.
I agree. Please refer to my other thread and my perspectives on "the truth". This was written only to consolidate all I could about some current perspective that I admit may or may not be accurate. I do, however, feel persuaded regarding the likelihood of matter and mind being one and the same and with regard to some of the other things I described.
(September 16, 2014 at 12:37 am)sswhateverlove Wrote:
(September 16, 2014 at 12:32 am)psychoslice Wrote: There are many out there that hide behind the cloak of science, thinking they know what their talking about, as if their scientist themselves, these are nothing more than sheep, no better than the sheep of the religious.
I agree. Please refer to my other thread and my perspectives on "the truth". This was written only to consolidate all I could about some current perspective that I admit may or may not be accurate. I do, however, feel persuaded regarding the likelihood of matter and mind being one and the same and with regard to some of the other things I described.

Yea, I think most throw out anything that sounds religious or mystical, they throw out the baby with the bath water, they also have a very dry attitude towards the emotions that are stirred by the mystery of life, this is beyond science, science only can understand the objective world and that's it. Its like analysing love, when you see love as northing but a physiological reaction, you lose the whole meaning of love, you destroy it.
(September 16, 2014 at 12:10 am)Rhythm Wrote: In that entire wall of text, you addressed my question with this and this alone...

Quote:It also makes me question the potential for an intelligent ‘other perspective’ observer,
that's it, full stop........but since the question I've been asking you is a very simple "how does any portion of the wall lead you to intelligent design, or a designer, or it's influence" that wall is utterly useless in answering my question (and so is that statement, as it;s just a reassertion of your position). Don't you think? I see we're on to an intelligent "observer" now though, not a designer, or a design, or influence. I don't even see an observer in that wall-o-text, though. If you can't express the process ..but it really doesn't have much to do with what I asked you...so....

With regard to the theoretical perspectives I discussed, my opinion would be that the intelligent designer (that first perspective) would be comprised of the whole of the universe, all of the "mind" and all of the "matter". It's consciousness in every atom experiencing expanded conscious awareness through experience of a reality. It could be assumed that the experience of reality operates similar to our understandings of how holographs and cloud computing work. in this sense the intelligent designer and the designed, the 'influencer' and the influenced, the 'experiencer' and the experienced are all one and the same elements.

To clarify again, the perspective would assume intelligent designer is also the design, the representation and all the influencing variables and outcomes.
sswhateverlove , that was really fantastic what you just said.Clap Clap
(September 16, 2014 at 12:50 am)sswhateverlove Wrote: With regard to the theoretical perspectives I discussed, my opinion would be that the intelligent designer (that first perspective) would be comprised of the whole of the universe, all of the "mind" and all of the "matter".
"The whole universe, all mind and matter" would have to be intelligent for that then, wouldn't it, and designing things? Doesn't seem to be either, or at least I'm unaware of any reason to assume that this is so.

Quote:It's consciousness in every atom experiencing expanded conscious awareness through experience of a reality.
Right, but does the universe have a consciousness at all, let alone an "expanded" one? I see no reason to assume so.

Quote:It could be assumed that the experience of reality operates similar to our understandings of how holographs and cloud computing work. in this sense the intelligent designer and the designed, the 'influencer' and the influenced, the 'experiencer' and the experienced are all one and the same elements.
Anything could be assumed. But supposing we did assume that...how does the rest follow?

Quote:To clarify again, the perspective would assume intelligent designer is also the design, the representation and all the influencing variables and outcomes.
I'm afraid you've stretched the concept so far it's become meaningless. But that's just my opinion. Obviously, it has meaning to you, and there's probably a better way to express it (or, if not -better- a way in which I might be able to understand what you're talking about)? The "intelligent designer" is, essentially, everything...except that we still haven't shown the intelligence or the design...so..........?

I've got a question, might help me to shed some light on your position. I have a lighter in my hands. Is it conscious? Is it part of some conscious thing or greater entity? If so to either, in what way, and how can you tell?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Everything that there is, is the ocean of vibration, the lighter in your hands the chair that you sit on, all is vibrating, and all is one, its only the mind body organism that we have that makes it seem separate.
That's nice, so, maybe you can field the question? Is the lighter conscious?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(September 16, 2014 at 1:15 am)Rhythm Wrote: That's nice, so, maybe you can field the question? Is the lighter conscious?

Yes the lighter is one with all there is, so it must also be one in consciousness, not the mind conscious, but so called super consciousness, or the ocean of consciousness, there is nothing outside of this consciousness.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fine Tuning Principle: Devastating Disproof and Scientific Refutation of Atheism. Nishant Xavier 97 10084 September 20, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: Silver
  A question about atheistic “beliefs” (opinions, guesses, etc.) Frank Apisa 252 20758 June 30, 2021 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: Rahn127
  [Serious] Atheist Dogma Prof.Lunaphiles 296 28641 April 23, 2020 at 10:39 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Atheistic calendar Interaktive 38 4484 December 26, 2019 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Make up your own atheistic quote Transcended Dimensions 56 10911 October 30, 2017 at 9:04 am
Last Post: brewer
  One more dogma to add to the rest. Little Rik 102 25162 August 30, 2017 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: mordant
  Could Gods hypothetically be atheistic scientists? causal code 5 2796 August 24, 2017 at 12:17 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Atheistic religions Der/die AtheistIn 21 7317 August 10, 2017 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  Study finds link between brain damage and fundamentalism drfuzzy 13 4613 May 16, 2017 at 3:46 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Are there any scientific books or studies that explain what makes a person religious? WisdomOfTheTrees 13 2889 February 9, 2017 at 2:33 am
Last Post: Mirek-Polska