Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 17, 2024, 5:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.88 Average
Where did the universe come from? Atheistic origin science has no answer.
RE: Where did the universe come from? Atheistic origin science has no answer.
(September 26, 2014 at 7:31 pm)pocaracas Wrote:
(September 26, 2014 at 7:18 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: reproduction has nothing to do with physics.

Why do these people always do this?

I could write a master's thesis on how reproduction is ALL about physics, but I won't...
Learn.
You can start by learning the basics of Quantum Mechanics - Notice that this IS PHYSICS!.
Then Chemistry... a simplification of a few large scale physical QM events.
Then Biochemistry. Once here, learn about self-replicating carbon-based chemistry.
Then Biology. This is where you learn about reproduction.

Go learn. Come back in 4 years.

Ok genius, explain how the sex of a honey bee is determined by physics...
(September 26, 2014 at 7:34 pm)Huggy74 Wrote:
(September 26, 2014 at 7:31 pm)pocaracas Wrote: Why do these people always do this?

I could write a master's thesis on how reproduction is ALL about physics, but I won't...
Learn.
You can start by learning the basics of Quantum Mechanics - Notice that this IS PHYSICS!.
Then Chemistry... a simplification of a few large scale physical QM events.
Then Biochemistry. Once here, learn about self-replicating carbon-based chemistry.
Then Biology. This is where you learn about reproduction.

Go learn. Come back in 4 years.

Ok genius, explain how the sex of a honey bee is determined by physics...

Wow! It's been 4 years already?!
Time does fly when you're having fun!

So tell us, what have you learned?
The sex ratio in such populations is governed by evolutionary differential equations, dawkins explains this nicely in TEP. The sex of individuals is fixed by the means of production. Most ofem are haploid like Jesus
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(September 26, 2014 at 7:30 pm)Rhythm Wrote: -You- just explained why the pattern expresses itself in honeybee reproduction Huggy....

Quote:males come from a unfertilized egg

-and in doing so, established that it was not random - and not the product of some intelligent designer. It is the product of haplodiploidy, in this instance.

The female follows the same sequence also, and my main point was why, by dividing the number of females with the number of males, does the number equal phi.

(September 26, 2014 at 7:37 pm)pocaracas Wrote:
(September 26, 2014 at 7:34 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: Ok genius, explain how the sex of a honey bee is determined by physics...

Wow! It's been 4 years already?!

answer the question.

(September 26, 2014 at 7:42 pm)Alex K Wrote: The sex ratio in such populations is governed by evolutionary differential equations, dawkins explains this nicely in TEP. The sex of individuals is fixed by the means of production. Most ofem are haploid like Jesus

except the ratio in this case is the golden ratio.
@Huggy

I think because that's the fixed point of the differential equation. Granted, it's not obvious why it should be the golden ratio, but they tend to be simple algebraic numbers like that.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Oh, we're actually doing this bullshit now? Okay... Rolleyes

You're right though, Huggy: the only possible explanation for repeated patterns is god, specifically the christian god. It's the only way. Yep. Dodgy

Why stop at this specific level of granularity though? I mean, there are much more widespread patterns, after all. Isn't it convenient, for example, that all physical objects are made out of matter? It's such a diverse repeating pattern that the only example is a christian space wizard did it! Oh, and all those things made out of matter are either composed of straight lines or curves... how could that happen through chance, explain to me that?! The only possible explanation is that an uncreated disembodied mind with a boner for crucifixes purposely nudged the entirety of reality into being composed of lines and curves!

Every single bowl of Lucky Charms has green clovers in it! The only explanation for such staggering odds is magic, everyone! Rolleyes
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(September 26, 2014 at 7:43 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: The female follows the same sequence also, and my main point was why, by dividing the number of females with the number of males, does the number equal phi.
So the reproductive pattern of bees is caused by haplodiploidy, and it is consistent for any given representative of the colony. Nothing intelligent about that, nothing that requires any designing. They don't need to know any math to accomplish this.

But, onward and upward. Do you get phi when you divide the number of females with the number of males, or is that just something Dan Brown told you? Care to do the math for me?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(September 26, 2014 at 7:43 pm)Huggy74 Wrote:
(September 26, 2014 at 7:37 pm)pocaracas Wrote: Wow! It's been 4 years already?!

answer the question.

I gave you a little sketch of the disciplines you must understand prior to realizing that you can answer that question.
Are you seriously expecting me to lecture you on QM, Chemistry, biochemistry and standard biology? And then show you how each plays with the other? How each is a cruder model for the previous... cruder to allow for a different observational scale.
Down deep, all biology is biochemistry... all biochemistry is just chemistry... all chemistry is just Quantum mechanics.... all QM is just QCD.... all QCD is... I don't know. It doesn't matter.
This answers your question... in a very very very crude fashion.
More depth requires research on your part., so go on... chop chop... come back in 4 years when you've done all the required research. Then, if you still have the same question, we can talk.
(September 26, 2014 at 8:11 pm)Rhythm Wrote:
(September 26, 2014 at 7:43 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: The female follows the same sequence also, and my main point was why, by dividing the number of females with the number of males, does the number equal phi.
So the reproductive pattern of bees is caused by haplodiploidy, and it is consistent for any given representative of the colony. Nothing intelligent about that, nothing that requires any designing. They don't need to know any math to accomplish this.

But, onward and upward. Do you get phi when you divide the number of females with the number of males, or is that just something Dan Brown told you? Care to do the math for me?

First of all, i have no clue who Dan Brown is although I have hear the name before.
Secondly, I think you would actually need a beehive to demonstrate this.
And thirdly, I got the info from this website.

The George Washington University Honey Bee Research and Beekeeping

(September 26, 2014 at 8:21 pm)pocaracas Wrote:
(September 26, 2014 at 7:43 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: answer the question.

I gave you a little sketch of the disciplines you must understand prior to realizing that you can answer that question.
Are you seriously expecting me to lecture you on QM, Chemistry, biochemistry and standard biology? And then show you how each plays with the other? How each is a cruder model for the previous... cruder to allow for a different observational scale.
Down deep, all biology is biochemistry... all biochemistry is just chemistry... all chemistry is just Quantum mechanics.... all QM is just QCD.... all QCD is... I don't know. It doesn't matter.
This answers your question... in a very very very crude fashion.
More depth requires research on your part., so go on... chop chop... come back in 4 years when you've done all the required research. Then, if you still have the same question, we can talk.
more dodge tactics I see, either you can explain it or you can't.. me doing research has no bearing on your explanation.
I've read the link already bud. The quote is a one liner at the bottom of the page. It says that I should click the link for more info -which I did.......

...and there's nothing in the page linked which even mentions that claim.

So what gives?

There -are- numbers on bee populations by gender as both specific examples and averages, of course. You're going to have a hard time getting the numbers you made claim to.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Debunk the divine origin LinuxGal 35 2475 October 9, 2023 at 7:31 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1439 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Age of the Universe/Earth Ferrocyanide 31 4171 January 8, 2020 at 10:06 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  questions Christians can't answer Fake Messiah 23 2973 October 15, 2019 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: Acrobat
  Good Christians only may answer... Gawdzilla Sama 58 10365 September 18, 2018 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  No-one under 25 in iceland believes god created the universe downbeatplumb 8 1839 August 19, 2018 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Christians: Why does the answer have to be god? IanHulett 67 15422 April 5, 2018 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Josh McDowell and the "atheistic" Internet Jehanne 43 6386 February 8, 2018 at 1:32 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Supernatural denial, atheistic hypocrisy? Victory123 56 9954 February 1, 2018 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  Miracles in Christianity - how to answer KiwiNFLFan 89 19313 December 24, 2017 at 3:16 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer