Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 29, 2024, 4:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Praise his Holy name.
RE: Praise his Holy name.
Quote:The Mormons are a cult.

So are xtians.
(June 22, 2010 at 4:05 pm)Pastor Ezequiel Davis Wrote: Well, what created the 'Big Bang'?? And what was there before it 'banged'??? Ask ANY atheist they won't be able to answer you, Why? Because God created the 'Big Bang'!
You haven't asked me, have you?

Well, the reason that science can give no direct answer on what happened before the big bang is because science at the moment does not know. Now, to conclude from that that therefore god must have created it, is a non sequitur, it does not follow.

But apart from that, one could explore other possible explanations that don't involve gods who create vastly oversized universes to experiment with kid cancer on humans on a hilarious tiny planet. These days we want some sustainable solutions. Mind you, science is not telling us it has found absolute truth but with some extrapolation it can give possible alternatives to divine creation. To give you just three:

1) our universe might be embedded in an everlasting superuniverse that somehow cycles universes in it interior
2) our universe might be in an everlasting cycle of birth and death (don't mind the human analogies)
3) our universe might be a finite patch in an infinite universe

None of these possibilities are ruled out by current scientific findings.

Just three possibilities that show that there is no necessity to bring on petty gods with bad humour.

But if this is too much thinking for you, just put on your red shoes, plug in your petty god and be gone.
"I'm like a rabbit suddenly trapped, in the blinding headlights of vacuous crap" - Tim Minchin in "Storm"
Christianity is perfect bullshit, christians are not - Purple Rabbit, honouring CS Lewis
Faith is illogical - fr0d0
Quote:Well, the reason that science can give no direct answer on what happened before the big bang is because science at the moment does not know. Now, to conclude from that that therefore god must have created it, is a non sequitur, it does not follow.
If the Big Kaboom is so true, why isn't it mentioned in either of the Genesis creation accounts? God does not have a time and motion man standing over His Perfect Shoulder with a grubby clipboard. God owes you no explanation whatsoever. Although, I feel from the persistent tone of your posts, dripping with arrogance and self-righteousness, that you some how do deserve one.
As it happens, it is more than likely that He was thinking about things that we (and you in particular) will never comprehend but, which nevertheless are essential to the wealth and well-being of all True Christians.
(June 22, 2010 at 4:45 pm)Pastor Ezequiel Davis Wrote: True Christians.

Still with the 'True Christians'?
There is no such thing.
Quote:all True Christians.

A true xtian is anyone dumb enough to believe that a dead jew came back to life. You are all welcome to the title.
Quote:Still with the 'True Christians'?
There is no such thing.
Not on planet Debaucherous Heathen where you are apparently from.
Hahaha!! Oh no! Not one of these crazy fucks. Unfortunately, fruitloops like this guy are actually real. There is no point whatsoever to interacting with one of these lunatics. Even most theists back slowly away when they encounter one of these guys. If god were real, he would have a restraining order out on the Pastor here... a court order to remain at least five hundred feet away at all times... for god's own protection.

As much as it seems like making fun of such a batshit crazy person would be entertaining, it soon loses it's allure. The problem is that they are so deeply delusional that they wear their insanity like a cloak of invincibility. And you can't talk reason with them, either. They wouldn't know a rational thought even if they were capable of having one... which they are not.

Sorry, Pastor. You'll find no mindless sheep here. Your time would be better spent seeking professional help.
No one can be this fucking dumb. It has to be a joke.
(June 22, 2010 at 4:50 pm)Pastor Ezequiel Davis Wrote: Not on planet Debaucherous Heathen where you are apparently from.

I think you're probably a Poe, but whether you are or not, if your only intent here is to preach and/or a rile up the other atheists, you'll find yourself on the banned list pretty fast.

Welcome to the forums. -_^
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
Dammit. I was going to start a thread proposing a pool for when this preaching fool would be banned.

Too late now, I guess.

Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My name is Earl Carl Hickey 23 2707 June 4, 2023 at 12:58 am
Last Post: Carl Hickey
  Hello Everybody My Name Is JAG JAG 15 2150 October 2, 2020 at 8:37 am
Last Post: GUBU
  An atheist who legally changed name to God GodBennett 7 893 July 4, 2020 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Confessions of a Reformed Holy Roller! kingtermite 20 1979 August 14, 2019 at 3:08 pm
Last Post: veoli
  Hey guys. Name is Tara Tarasoft11 53 5318 September 5, 2016 at 11:04 am
Last Post: c172
  Hi, my name is "withheld" and I am an atheist RationalAtheist 68 7585 October 28, 2015 at 2:55 am
Last Post: Losty
  My name is Pizza Smeetcha Pizza_Smeetcha 10 2638 October 26, 2015 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Hello there - My name is Max max-greece 22 3401 June 9, 2013 at 4:29 am
Last Post: Aractus
  I am Awesome! (It is in my name.) CapnAwesome 21 6134 September 27, 2012 at 5:18 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  I can't think of a good name for this thread, so... Darkstar 18 4610 September 20, 2012 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: Waratah