Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 28, 2024, 2:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the bloody point of it all?
RE: What's the bloody point of it all?
theophilus Wrote:We exist because God created us and he has a reason for whatever he does.

Well, that's one opinion based on nothing that I'll reject.

EvF
Well, I live for the sole purpose of experiencing whatever surprises I may find along the way. Good or bad. If I were dead, then I would be experiencing nothing, there would no "I". Hell, just for the sake of seeing what life throws at me, and if I can live with that. Sex, Drugs & rock'n roll? Been there, done that, gossly overrated. There is so much I would like to see, to do, but surely I wont fulfill all my aspirations.

One day, seeing myself as a sinner, addicted, causing so much pain, undeserving of my god's(at the time) gift, I loaded my father's shotgun, pressed the barrel upon my chin and put my thumb on the trigger. But then I thought "What a f*** coward I am, there are so many people that have bigger problems than me!" and rationality took over me, I was just running away from reality, like I always did.

Bottom line is: Life should be taken courageous and open-chested. It may go south, but you can always find a compass to lead you elsewere.
Bottom line is: Life should be taken courageous and open-chested. It may go south, but you can always find a compass to lead you elsewere.

This is my baby Grandaughter Hope. She is what makes it all worth a damn

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(July 21, 2010 at 9:08 am)Zen Badger Wrote: Well, the strict purpose of life(from the point of view of Evolution) is to create more life.

But after you've done that, Party ,Party,Party!!!!!!!!!

In other words, sex, sex, sex.

Seems good enough to me.
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
I'm with Ely here. Video games are pretty good too. And we can't forget atheistforums.org Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Yeah. I don't know what I'd do without these forums now.
(July 20, 2010 at 12:29 pm)mem Wrote: WHats the point?

mk 'mem' just WHAT IS the bloody point???

Last time I looked it was a CD by Harry Neilsen.AngelArrow

(July 20, 2010 at 12:29 pm)mem Wrote: Why bother?

IndeedWink Shades

(July 20, 2010 at 12:29 pm)mem Wrote: What makes anything worth a damn? Angry

Life?? Don't talk to me about life.....Love it or hate it, you can't ignore it

Angel Cloud

As for me; I just like muscling up to life and ripping it's fucking head off!! Devil because I can.

And if I can't???....sleepless nights plotting it's downfall because of it's sheer inconvenience
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
I just want to feel the journey.
(July 28, 2010 at 4:02 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: mk 'mem' just WHAT IS the bloody point???

Last time I looked it was a CD by Harry Neilsen.AngelArrow
Ohhhh, nice flashback to the 70s! Smile
"Just me and my arrow... straight up and narrow..." I used to love that whole album. I think I need to find a download site for it now.
I'm really shitty at giving kudos and rep. That's because I would be inconsistent in remembering to do them, and also I don't really want it to show if any favouritism is happening. Even worse would be inconsistencies causing false favouritisms to show. So, fuck it. Just assume that I've given you some good rep and a number of kudos, and everyone should be happy...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1n9QTkrkP0
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  whats the point in ironing cloths? Cepheus Ace 22 1378 April 2, 2019 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  No point in eternal agony purplepurpose 141 16400 February 13, 2018 at 3:09 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  At What Point Does Activism Become Assholism? Shell B 39 5169 April 22, 2017 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  At some point "yes" needs to be regulated. Foxaèr 64 5795 March 30, 2016 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  At what point do you wash you ass? brewer 146 25264 December 11, 2015 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Everyone who posts on this thread will receive a +1 reputation point. Phatt Matt s 10 2881 April 28, 2014 at 10:34 am
Last Post: Phatt Matt s
  LG-Con at Cedar Point! Creed of Heresy 13 3181 July 5, 2013 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: Creed of Heresy
  Bloody B.T. Darwinian 3 1020 October 30, 2011 at 8:55 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Those Awful Bloody Religious E-mails! Kyuuketsuki 9 3144 March 30, 2009 at 8:14 am
Last Post: athoughtfulman
  Ruddy bloody fookin' pop-ups Edwardo Piet 5 4290 October 19, 2008 at 8:45 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet