Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 5, 2024, 3:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catholics Aren't Christians?
RE: Catholics Aren't Christians?
Someone who attempts to poison the Pope but fails and yet remains undetected, and who still persists in presenting himself as a true catholic nevertheless isn't, as he would discover on judgement day upon being consigned to hell, despite his avoiding excommunication while on earth.
Catholics are christian the end.
if you believe that jesus christ ever existed and pray to him and god your christian.
Catholics are super christians the end that's it no more.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
The poisoner in my example too ??

Despite a (failed) attempt on the pope's life ?
Tell me about it.
Is this the confessional?

You can't be born a Christian. You can be born a Catholic. You don't have to believe in God or Jesus to be a Catholic. You don't have to have anything to do with any church, including any Catholic church to be a Catholic. It's like saying no atheists believe in ghosts. Being a member of the Catholic church means you're on someone list somewhere, depending on which vagina you popped out of.
The clue is in the name Jesus CHRIST

"Christianity" is just an umbrella term for any religion which has Jesus as the central prophet and/or cites the Bible as it's Holy scripture, so Catholics, Protestants, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, etc etc. I was raised Catholic and I've always thought of Catholics as Christians.

It's comparable to in Islam where you have Shia and Sunni Muslims. They're different forms of Islam but they are both still Islamic forms of religion.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

(January 5, 2015 at 8:55 pm)NuclearJaguar Wrote: The clue is in the name Jesus CHRIST

"Christianity" is just an umbrella term for any religion which has Jesus as the central prophet and/or cites the Bible as it's Holy scripture, so Catholics, Protestants, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, etc etc. I was raised Catholic and I've always thought of Catholics as Christians.

It's comparable to in Islam where you have Shia and Sunni Muslims. They're different forms of Islam but they are both still Islamic forms of religion.

I've read the Tanner's book on the Mormon's and you are nominally correct about the Mormons today, but they were rather more Christian in the past, and at some vaguely definable time in the future, they will be so much less as to not be christian at all. It will be hard to tell, and it is safe to assume their standard befuddlement on everything will continue to assert itself, most likely to a degree that they won't realize it happened, won't admit it did happen if it is pointed out to them, and then will maintain their church has always been non christian, and they will hold all those views simultaneously.
The thing is, just because someone "says" you are a catholic when you're born, what does that even mean? Personally I don't care what someone labels me as, it doesn't mean it's true.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
There are Catholic atheists, as we've seen here recently. How can they be atheists and Christians at the same time? "Christian" here, by these definitions, does not involve belief on God.
Right, arguably we are mostly cultural Christians in the U.S. .. whether I like that or not. Not putting any stock in the bible or the (deceased) person of Jesus doesn't prevent my having been raised in the land where the countries of Europe sent their religious extremists for so many years.

(January 6, 2015 at 6:16 am)robvalue Wrote: The thing is, just because someone "says" you are a catholic when you're born, what does that even mean? Personally I don't care what someone labels me as, it doesn't mean it's true.

Apparently the Mormons are busy making everyone Mormon after they die.

Makes for an amusing gravestone:

Born a Catholic
Lived an atheist
Became a Mormon in death

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Not Even A Little Bit Serious] Why AREN'T You An Atheist? BrianSoddingBoru4 28 3597 December 28, 2019 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Most humans aren't too logical when it comes to world views and how to go about it. Mystic 28 4101 October 9, 2018 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Alan V
  Aren't Science vs. Creation Debates......rather pointless? maestroanth 30 5801 March 29, 2016 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Historian explains why Jesus ''mythers'' aren't taken seriously by most Historians TheMessiah 456 58507 July 1, 2015 at 6:40 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  "Deprogramming" Resources for Catholics Metis 8 7653 June 21, 2015 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Metis
  Article: 5 Reasons There Aren't More Women in Atheism rexbeccarox 36 14208 August 6, 2013 at 5:08 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Atheists aren't always intelligent or reasonable or rational TaraJo 16 6676 December 15, 2012 at 8:42 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Apologists Arguments Aren't Amazing Cyberman 6 3753 November 20, 2012 at 12:59 am
Last Post: Faith No More
  I Would Like To Talk to Atheists Who Aren't Assholes. Do Any of You Exist? Blackrook 98 46367 October 3, 2012 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: Brian37