Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 30, 2024, 7:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abiogenesis is impossible
RE: Abiogenesis is impossible
(January 12, 2015 at 8:16 pm)snowtracks Wrote: Everyone thinks there is a God, some will say ‘there is no God’; human were made in His image, that imprint can’t be erased no matter how hard someone tries.
Why I am posting is: to give the christian old earth perspective. Notice the period at the end of previous sentence. God made the garden-of-eden every good, and then may it even better by introducing ‘free-will’. Think about it, if God gave people free will to choice, I should and do fully endorse the exercise thereof.
This is the rare occasion where I get to say "nu-uh" and it actually -is- a competent demonstration of how full of shit you are. Since you were so kind as to include me in your claim. I think the claim that follows is garbage as well. If I had to guess, you're trying to convince -yourself-. Doubter.
Quote:So if there are atheist, so be it.
-if- there are atheists, then you're full of shit.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(January 12, 2015 at 8:16 pm)snowtracks Wrote:
(January 11, 2015 at 7:16 pm)Tonus Wrote: Par for the course. At some point it seems that the pure fundie types get flustered enough by our unwillingness to accept presuppositions as "evidence/proof/truth" that they give up trying and start flinging random bits of poo at the wall.
Have stated this before, but it may need to be reiterated. Seems like you laboring under the grand illusion (perhaps even delusion) that I’m trying to prove, persuade, cajole or influence board members to believe in God’s existence or change their worldview to a creation model. Only God can prove God which has all ready been done. Everyone thinks there is a God, some will say ‘there is no God’; human were made in His image, that imprint can’t be erased no matter how hard someone tries.
Why I am posting is: to give the christian old earth perspective. Notice the period at the end of previous sentence. God made the garden-of-eden every good, and then may it even better by introducing ‘free-will’. Think about it, if God gave people free will to choice, I should and do fully endorse the exercise thereof. So if there are atheist, so be it.
Are you responding to the point I was making, or trying to reinforce it with an example?
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(January 12, 2015 at 8:16 pm)snowtracks Wrote: Everyone thinks there is a God, some will say ‘there is no God’;
I have never believed in a god. No ands, ifs, or buts about it. It is completely illogical that there could be a god.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
(January 12, 2015 at 8:16 pm)snowtracks Wrote: Everyone thinks there is a God, some will say ‘there is no God’; human were made in His image, that imprint can’t be erased no matter how hard someone tries.

Listen, you tall glass of warm shit; I'm done playing nice with this repetitious, condescending, presumptuous argument. You do not get to tell anyone else what they think, you do not get to dictate positions for other people, and you don't get to presume to know more about the interior of my mind than I do. In the past I'd generally respond with some sarcastic quip about when you gained your telepathy, but now I've heard it one too many times from you and I'm done pretending you're anything other than an arrogant little ass with more assertions than common sense. Go fuck yourself.

Now please, do proceed with your response, which I predict will be little more than "ooh, someone's angry," as though merely pointing out that you're such a colossal douche-canoe that someone got mad at you actually counts as a rebuttal, or as though the only reason anyone gets angry is that they secretly agree with you. That shit's super convincing. Dodgy
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Do you believe God made bacteria in his image?

My guess is you're too ignorant to deduce what I'm asking. Some of us KNOW that all life on Earth is related. Nevermind apes and monkeys. We're kin to turtles pine trees and Tuna fish. We all come from stars!!! (Still live ya for that one Mobey)
(January 12, 2015 at 11:19 pm)Esquilax Wrote:

Listen, you tall glass of warm shit; I'm done playing nice with this repetitious, condescending, presumptuous argument. You do not get to tell anyone else what they think, you do not get to dictate positions for other people, and you don't get to presume to know more about the interior of my mind than I do. In the past I'd generally respond with some sarcastic quip about when you gained your telepathy, but now I've heard it one too many times from you and I'm done pretending you're anything other than an arrogant little ass with more assertions than common sense. Go fuck yourself.

Now please, do proceed with your response, which I predict will be little more than "ooh, someone's angry," as though merely pointing out that you're such a colossal douche-canoe that someone got mad at you actually counts as a rebuttal, or as though the only reason anyone gets angry is that they secretly agree with you. That shit's super convincing. Dodgy
this one seems to be in a peevish mood about something; or maybe just got up on the wrong-side-of-the-bed.
Atheist Credo: A universe by chance that also just happened to admit the observer by chance.
Maybe if you were told again and again that as a xtian you believed the exact opposite of what you do despite your saying otherwise, you might get a little pissed off occasionally.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(January 17, 2015 at 3:20 am)snowtracks Wrote:
(January 12, 2015 at 11:19 pm)Esquilax Wrote: Listen, you tall glass of warm shit; I'm done playing nice with this repetitious, condescending, presumptuous argument. You do not get to tell anyone else what they think, you do not get to dictate positions for other people, and you don't get to presume to know more about the interior of my mind than I do. In the past I'd generally respond with some sarcastic quip about when you gained your telepathy, but now I've heard it one too many times from you and I'm done pretending you're anything other than an arrogant little ass with more assertions than common sense. Go fuck yourself.

this one seems to be in a peevish mood about something; or maybe just got up on the wrong-side-of-the-bed.

And the response was as predicted. Well done.
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.

I do not now nor have I ever believed in any god.

I have seen your line of reasoning before in other deluded people. you really can't imagine a universe that does not include god and project this onto others, you can't imagine how we can't believe, so we must be lying when we say we don't.
It's not your fault you, you are the product of deep brain washing.

But please accept that I am sincere when I say that the concept of god is not required to have a full life.

I went years and years before I discussed and now mainly discuss it on here and that is only because it was shown how amusing theists can be.

You guys are a laugh riot.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Everyone thinks there is a god? Are you serious Snowtracks?

No. I have never thought there is.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Impossible to love a monster Foxaèr 18 2105 April 6, 2018 at 8:10 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Oklahoma Republican wants to make secular marriage impossible. Esquilax 82 22361 February 6, 2015 at 3:42 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Christianity almost impossible without indoctrination FreeTony 118 33285 February 17, 2014 at 11:44 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Hell is theologically impossible if God is omnipotent. Greatest I am 104 47678 January 14, 2012 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: reverendjeremiah
  Adam and Eve impossible searchingforanswers 70 46694 September 9, 2011 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: Justtristo
  The Bodily Resurrection of Christ was Impossible bjhulk 3 4598 February 8, 2011 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Argument for atheism from impossible actions Captain Scarlet 16 7569 September 1, 2010 at 11:59 pm
Last Post: everythingafter