Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 13, 2024, 6:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Staff appreciation!
RE: Staff appreciation!
(January 20, 2015 at 9:27 am)robvalue Wrote: Thank you Smile I think there must have been some misunderstanding, but I don't even know what. Oh well! You guys are awesome Smile As are most people on the forum.

Just make him a mod already. Clearly, he's campaigning for it.

But along with Stimbo and a few others I've been on boards which were either so over-moderated that they collapsed or so under-moderated that the spammers overran them so, yeah, the philosophy here is very good.
Lol, I'm really not. I already have more responsibility than I can handle in my life.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(January 20, 2015 at 12:26 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: You guys do a fantastic job. I shall give Losty specific instructions for all of you.

Blush
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(January 20, 2015 at 12:35 pm)Chas Wrote: This is a well-managed forum. The volunteers who are, or have been, running it are to be commended.

Have they made mistakes? Probably. Will they make mistakes? Probably. They are humans. I think. Thinking

It's not like anyone implied they were immaculately conceived. And lord knows, none of them has immaculately gestated anything else, either.

Tongue
(January 20, 2015 at 2:19 pm)vorlon13 Wrote:
(January 20, 2015 at 12:35 pm)Chas Wrote: This is a well-managed forum. The volunteers who are, or have been, running it are to be commended.

Have they made mistakes? Probably. Will they make mistakes? Probably. They are humans. I think. Thinking

It's not like anyone implied they were immaculately conceived. And lord knows, none of them has immaculately gestated anything else, either.

Tongue

But...but...they're anointed, aren't they? Bow Down
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
Mod staff here is excellent! A great balance between ruthless execution and the kind gentle love of Thor.

Now, when I shall expect my $5 honorarium?

But no, really, the staff is great. Even such a bastard-pig-god such as JHC is allowed to traipse about unmolested. Who could ask for more?
(January 20, 2015 at 2:34 pm)JesusHChrist Wrote: Now, when I shall expect my $5 honorarium?

Some people have very odd ideas about the direction of currency flow.
My staff could use some appreciation. Naughty
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(January 20, 2015 at 2:49 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Some people have very odd ideas about the direction of currency flow.

A rather mainstream view my good ancient deity. Money >>>>>> moi. Probably the oldest profession.
(January 20, 2015 at 2:49 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Some people have very odd ideas about the direction of currency flow.

We volunteer to this place and donate money to it? This is like a church! Panic

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  i keep getting contradictory messages from staff rocinantexyz 12 2653 November 29, 2022 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Peanut Gallery Commentary on the Staff Log of Bannings and such like. Whateverist 4493 698330 March 31, 2021 at 5:55 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Dear Staff Foxaèr 28 4471 February 5, 2019 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What Does This Mean, Oh Staff? Minimalist 24 5866 July 15, 2017 at 1:35 am
Last Post: c172
  Staff Appreciation Thread Shell B 41 8433 December 4, 2016 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  blocking ex staff members Catholic_Lady 68 6801 November 17, 2016 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Staff....Once The Strike Ends...Strange Error Message Minimalist 1 2070 April 5, 2015 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Question for the staff Joods 16 5670 April 1, 2015 at 2:03 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Rayaan Leaves The Staff and the Whole Board Goes To Shit. Minimalist 51 11035 July 12, 2014 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: Marsellus Wallace
  Random Thought For the Staff to Consider Minimalist 3 2134 April 30, 2014 at 2:21 pm
Last Post: Minimalist