Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 4, 2024, 4:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christians: how do you sleep at night?
RE: Christians: how do you sleep at night?
(February 22, 2015 at 6:49 am)Huggy74 Wrote: the number 3 represents perfection, in this case, water/blood/spirit
Dum dum dum dum dum!
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
Of course any theist knows the chance of converting a well adjusted and independent adult is significantly lower than converting a child. So on the off chance that a law was passed against making children go to church, the theists would flip their shit on olympic style levels.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(February 22, 2015 at 12:14 pm)professor Wrote: I want to answer Brakeman's question about why the devil wants to destroy Christianity.

The devil (Satan/ HaSatan- the adversary) intently hates all humanity, seeks to implant lies about God, nature and people.
He hates everything God created, he hates truth.

If one can't rid themselves of an enemy, a secondary way is to subvert the enemy into self-destruction.

Why did god make a "Satan" that hates us?

Since there is no rational reason to involve us into his beef with god, what does he get out of it?

Put yourself in his shoes. Pretend for a moment you are Satan and you hate the heck out of god. There are a bunch of god's pets living on a planet. You could get them to come to your side and hating god too, but why would you punish those who do? Wouldn't it be the Christians you would punish and hate as they are on the side of your enemy, god?

If he's immortal and knows god so well to know he can't and won't win, why does he bother? Why doesn't he beg god for forgiveness and kiss jesus' feet too? He's smart isn't he? What does Satan know that we don't?
Find the cure for Fundementia!
(February 22, 2015 at 12:48 pm)Nestor Wrote:
(February 22, 2015 at 6:49 am)Huggy74 Wrote: the number 3 represents perfection, in this case, water/blood/spirit
Dum dum dum dum dum!

Huggy, please provide proof that three represents perfection. What do you mean by perfection?
Sounds more like hes the fall guy, and gets blamed for whatever goes wrong that Humans don't get blamed for. Poor guy.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...

(February 22, 2015 at 12:56 pm)Brakeman Wrote: Put yourself in his shoes. Pretend for a moment you are Satan and you hate the heck out of god. There are a bunch of god's pets living on a planet. You could get them to come to your side and hating god too, but why would you punish those who do? Wouldn't it be the Christians you would punish and hate as they are on the side of your enemy, god?

Where do we get our information on Satan? A book, supposedly written by god. Prof hasn't been able to demonstrate how he knows that the bible wasn't corrupted by Satan, but within the context of his religion, the only exposure to Satan that we have is essentially war propaganda from the other side, accomplishing the tasks of making Satan seem evil, and frightening people into joining the other side.

I suppose it's good propaganda, in that respect, but we really have no reason to take it seriously, and plenty of reasons not to.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(February 22, 2015 at 1:01 pm)Chad32 Wrote: Sounds more like hes the fall guy, and gets blamed for whatever goes wrong that Humans don't get blamed for. Poor guy.

He didn't commit genocide or plan to do so in the future. That makes him better than bible god.
(February 22, 2015 at 12:33 pm)Chad32 Wrote: The only reason we have to believe the devil is evil, and hates humanity, is a book written by the followers of a genocidal narcissist. I take any claims about his enemies with a handful of salt.

Satan has no reason to hate us, aside from the idea that people can read the bible, yet still choose to follow Yahweh and do evil deeds in his name. If Satan has dominion over the world, and secular countries tend to do better than theocratic ones, it seems Satan likes Humans. at least ones that can think for themselves.

The only thing he did was oppose yahweh, and there are some good reasons to do that. He has my sympathies.

Satan is like the bible's version of Severus Snape and god is Voldemort. Satan is like...an even more heroic version of Snape because he wasn't afraid to tell god he was a douche to his face.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(February 22, 2015 at 1:05 pm)Nope Wrote:
(February 22, 2015 at 1:01 pm)Chad32 Wrote: Sounds more like hes the fall guy, and gets blamed for whatever goes wrong that Humans don't get blamed for. Poor guy.

He didn't commit genocide or plan to do so in the future. That makes him better than bible god.

What's the worst thing the bible says he did? Oppose Yahweh? Given Yahweh's actions, I can relate to that. Everything else about him is groundless claims from said deity, or his followers.

I believe that if someone made a book with a guy that had the same personality, and did the same things as Yahweh did, it would be really hard to convince people that he's the good guy.

If I made an atheist movie to counter all the christian movies out there, that's what I'd do. I'd try not to make it totally blatant, but basically i'd have a fictional god that treas its creation the same way Yahweh did, and see what people think.

"Of course he's the good guy. Didn't you see that nice thing he did towards the end?"

(February 21, 2015 at 8:36 pm)professor Wrote: God saw to it that He left a "User manual" just as the company I work for has for our products.
If your company writes user manuals of that level of quality, it should be up to its eyeballs in complaints.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 9754 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep vorlon13 5 1156 April 29, 2018 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  The benediction at last night's RNC drfuzzy 13 2714 July 21, 2016 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Christians, would you have saved Jesus, if you had he chance? Simon Moon 294 42178 July 2, 2016 at 11:23 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 35779 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Christians. Prove That You Are Real/True Christians Nope 155 55678 September 1, 2015 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  The dog which barked in the night... Jacob(smooth) 11 3978 October 1, 2014 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  The first Christians weren't Bible Christians Phatt Matt s 60 17196 March 26, 2014 at 10:26 am
Last Post: rightcoaster
  Christians, why are you hear (If you want to convert atheists read this) Lemonvariable72 66 19603 September 7, 2013 at 10:36 am
Last Post: max-greece
  Now Christians piss of Christians. leo-rcc 10 10196 December 11, 2010 at 4:02 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris