Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 26, 2024, 5:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.88 Average
Where did the universe come from? Atheistic origin science has no answer.
RE: Where did the universe come from? Atheistic origin science has no answer.
There was a second Big Bang today, as all the world's astrophysicists simultaneously facepalmed.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(May 29, 2015 at 12:24 pm)Alex K Wrote: Lol, geometric flatness doesn't mean that it is disk shaped. If you want I can explain it to you.

Good luck on that!  I will bring the popcorn and beer for that show.

(May 29, 2015 at 1:03 am)snowtracks Wrote:
(May 28, 2015 at 11:51 pm)IATIA Wrote: You really need to put down that bible and study some real science.  By flat, they do not mean like a pancake, but rather space-time is not curving back on itself.  It has nothing to do with the shape of the universe.  Also, all we can 'see' is what EM radiation has reached us up to this time.  We will probably never know how large the universe is and it may very well be infinite in size.
Nice try but doesn't fly. Geometry of the universe is within 3 decimal + or - flat.
http://csep10.phys.utk.edu/astr162/lect/...metry.html

There is no fucking way in this lifetime or the next that you read and/or understood that link.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
(May 29, 2015 at 3:48 am)robvalue Wrote:
(May 28, 2015 at 2:19 am)robvalue Wrote: OK. If it's not a prophecy, why did you bring it up?

You replied to me defining what a prophecy is, by giving an example of something that isn't a prophecy?

Just going to ignore this question snowy? Smile

You defined the requirements for prophecy for some reason which is only known to you.
Atheist Credo: A universe by chance that also just happened to admit the observer by chance.
I knew you were going to say that.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(May 23, 2015 at 3:32 pm)snowtracks Wrote:
(May 23, 2015 at 12:39 pm)Stimbo Wrote: The bible and Nostradamus' book must have been really shitty value when they first came out. "Yeah, it doesn't make sense now, but just wait about four or five hundred years."

False equivalence, but nice try though. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_equivalence

I love it!  The Christers have evolved to use logical fallacies against us!  Just like they cherry pick the bible, now they cherry pick logical fallacies to their hearts content...
At least they've learnt something since coming here!  And the feeling is reciprocated of course! ROFLOL
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
*Whinces*

It's painful right? We shouldn't leave those things out where just anyone can grab them. It's a hazard. Let's get some safety locks.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Now if only they'd learn what those fallacies actually -were-...rather than just the names we use for them....they might make headway...and wouldn't embarass themselves everytime they made the attempt.  Gotta give em some leeway though, we all fell down the first time we tried to ride a bike...so it shouldn't surprise that Snow here has a problem with misidentifying logical fallacies - he's just starting to use his brain, after all.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I would be really great if those people not familiar with logical fallacies took a little time to learn about them. Without them, discussion can quickly become a waste of time. Like playing chess with someone who refuses to learn the rules and just moves stuff wherever they want. I understand they may seem odd at first, but we point them out so frequently there's really no excuse not to go away and learn about them and why they make an argument invalid.

Or do some people simply not care how many fallacies they use?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(June 1, 2015 at 2:35 pm)robvalue Wrote: I would be really great if those people not familiar with logical fallacies took a little time to learn about them. Without them, discussion can quickly become a waste of time. Like playing chess with someone who refuses to learn the rules and just moves stuff wherever they want. I understand they may seem odd at first, but we point them out so frequently there's really no excuse not to go away and learn about them and why they make an argument invalid.

Or do some people simply not care how many fallacies they use?

The problem with Snowy is that he doesn't care about anything: factual accuracy, responses to him, even putting in effort to his responses. He just finds whatever pretense he can, no matter how thin, to dismiss what we say and accept what he already believes. Conversing with him is basically like conversing with a bot, programmed to be an arrogant shit.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
christianity = fallacies r us
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Debunk the divine origin LinuxGal 35 2572 October 9, 2023 at 7:31 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1451 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Age of the Universe/Earth Ferrocyanide 31 4221 January 8, 2020 at 10:06 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  questions Christians can't answer Fake Messiah 23 3034 October 15, 2019 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: Acrobat
  Good Christians only may answer... Gawdzilla Sama 58 10518 September 18, 2018 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  No-one under 25 in iceland believes god created the universe downbeatplumb 8 1856 August 19, 2018 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Christians: Why does the answer have to be god? IanHulett 67 15454 April 5, 2018 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Josh McDowell and the "atheistic" Internet Jehanne 43 6484 February 8, 2018 at 1:32 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Supernatural denial, atheistic hypocrisy? Victory123 56 9965 February 1, 2018 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  Miracles in Christianity - how to answer KiwiNFLFan 89 19459 December 24, 2017 at 3:16 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer