Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 7, 2024, 11:15 pm

Poll: Are you here to try and (re)convert atheists.
This poll is closed.
Yes
36.36%
4 36.36%
No
63.64%
7 63.64%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To theists
RE: To theists
(July 13, 2015 at 4:01 pm)Crossless1 Wrote: excitedpenguin: Providing unexpected common ground to AF atheists and believers for eight days and counting . . .

Mine is a thankless job.
Someone had to do it.
Moral of the story:

If a theist is mean, she/he is a complete jerk and abomination to humanity.  

If a theist is nice, she/he is being fake and has an agenda.

Hmph, I see how it is. Tongue

...Lol just kidding. I love you guys. Shy
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(July 13, 2015 at 4:32 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Moral of the story:

Yeah, no, that's not gonna cut it, Mother Teresa.

You seem to base your reasoning on the premise that I have to respect your beliefs. I don't. I think they make you a horrible person and a moron and also a threat to society. No matter how you come at it, what you think is who you are. You happen to think all kinds of potentially harmful things. Being nice about it doesn't erase this, nor does it make it seem smaller, at least not to me.

You won't fool me with your fake kindness and good nature.  You are now officially under suspicion.  Dodgy
You can ridicule me all you want. One's being deluded doesn't make their stated intentions any more real than a psychopath's. Treating a crazy person like their illness is O.K. in only going to reinforce their delusions and make them ever more harmful to others. You won't know this until they actually show their teeth, which, arguably, couldn't and wouldn't happen at all over the internet, as one wouldn't ever feel a sense of threat in the virtual world, in order to have to reveal their true nature. As such, you can only detect their subtle hypocrisy if you look really close, beyond any redundant niceties and out of place declarations of love and such.
(July 13, 2015 at 4:39 pm)Crossless1 Wrote:

You won't fool me with your fake kindness and good nature.  You are now officially under suspicion.  Dodgy

Yeah, ok hoe bag. I bet you actually hate cats. And you're probably not even an Atheist either.

In fact, I'm quite suspicious that you cook kittens and then offer them up as sacrifice to your gods.

Wink

(July 13, 2015 at 4:52 pm)excitedpenguin Wrote: You can ridicule me all you want. One's being deluded doesn't make their stated intentions any more real than a psychopath's. Treating a crazy person like their illness is O.K. in only going to reinforce their delusions and make them ever more harmful to others. You won't know this until they actually show their teeth, which, arguably, couldn't and wouldn't happen at all other the internet, as one wouldn't ever feel a sense of threat in the virtual world, in order to have to reveal their true nature. As such, you can only detect their subtle hypocrisy if you look really close, beyond any redundant niceties and out of place declarations of love and such.

Just saw this after I made the above post.

Please don't take offense to it. It wasn't meant to be a ridicule towards you. Just messing around with that little butt, C1.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(July 13, 2015 at 4:53 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote:
(July 13, 2015 at 4:39 pm)Crossless1 Wrote: You won't fool me with your fake kindness and good nature.  You are now officially under suspicion.  Dodgy

Yeah, ok hoe bag. I bet you actually hate cats. And you're probably not even an Atheist either.

In fact, I'm quite suspicious that you cook kittens and then offer them up as sacrifice to your gods.

Wink

Actually, I worship cats (at least that's what my cats have always demanded).  Not sure how that affects my atheist credentials.
(July 13, 2015 at 4:53 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Just saw this after I made the above post.

Please don't take offense to it. It wasn't meant to be a ridicule towards you. Just messing around with that little butt, C1.

I was addressing Crossless.

I wouldn't try and ask you not to do something or other towards me, as you would simply ignore it and keep playing the innocent card.
(July 13, 2015 at 4:57 pm)excitedpenguin Wrote:
(July 13, 2015 at 4:53 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Just saw this after I made the above post.

I was addressing Crossless.

I wouldn't try and ask you not to do something or other towards me, as you would simply ignore it and keep playing the innocent card.

Wait . . . what?