Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 10, 2024, 2:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Last Movie You Watched
RE: The Last Movie You Watched
Born to be blue. The Chet Baker story.

Excellent.
This recent escapee from TTA forums is on heavy drugs costing $25.000.00 per week. They affect my mind at times. Excuse me if I react out of the norm.
Banjo.
Straight Outta Compton
Gothic. Very creepy and, well, gothic. I've had impressions of that film ever since I first saw it as a teenager... twenty odd years ago... but I'd given up all hope of ever being able to work out what it was. But then when sorting through a pile of old papers I came across an old workbook from my schooldays and lo and behold in it was a list of films I liked at the time and this was on it! Went out and bought it and watched it last night... and it's definitely the right film so yay... mystery solved... that's been driving me nuts for years. Just one other film to work out now but I doubt I'll be quite so lucky... it was black and white, I think, and dark... with like vats of white wax and people submerged in it... very very creepy but I don't think I have enough info to work out what it is Sad but at least one's down Smile
(August 2, 2016 at 9:16 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Straight Outta Compton

Pretty good movie.
Watched all 3 of The Purge movies recently. To me, the only decent one was the 2nd one. The 1st one was full of plot holes, too many mistakes made by the family and the movie was only about that one family. I thought it was a mostly a jump-scare predictable yawn-fest but still somewhat interesting because I find the concept of The Purge itself interesting. The 3rd one was convoluted, lacked character development and was all over the place. The message in the 3rd movie seemed to be all about fuck the rich people (who were only white people lol) because they're the only one's who benefit off of The Purge when all people of different races and backgrounds seemed to want to get involved in getting rid of the lower class which actually do tend to be the most criminal. The 3rd movie just got too politically biased for my taste. The 2nd one actually had some depth to it, moved at a better pace and a had decent story-line. However, I feel like all 3 of these movies failed because The Purge itself is a cool concept for a horror movie that focused way too much on the main characters and their face time and not enough on the concept or the purgers or the society itself.

The Purge - 3/10
The Purge: Anarchy - 5/10
The Purge: Election Year - 3/10
If the hypothetical idea of an afterlife means more to you than the objectively true reality we all share, then you deserve no respect.
The Purge >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Purge: Anarchy

For the same reason that Alien >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Aliens
Kill Bill: Vol 1
Seen it a million times, still love watching it.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
Keanu.

Hilarious. Ridiculous in all the right ways. I fucking love those guys.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(August 12, 2016 at 10:10 am)Alasdair Ham Wrote: The Purge >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Purge: Anarchy

For the same reason that Alien >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Aliens

For what same reason? Those two movie series have no connecting tissue or correlation whatsoever. At least the first two Alien movies are fantastic to begin with...

You know, it's ironic that you say that because I also think Aliens is better than Alien, but that's a whole different discussion.
If the hypothetical idea of an afterlife means more to you than the objectively true reality we all share, then you deserve no respect.
Atmosphere. Suspense. Less action. More focused plot. Simpler.

Just my own opinion.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  About last night (A Haiku) no one 2 565 March 18, 2023 at 8:58 am
Last Post: no one
  What is your movie guilty pleasure? arewethereyet 51 3778 December 18, 2022 at 12:42 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Charles Bronson movie star Woah0 9 805 September 12, 2022 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  In Hunchback of Notre Dame Disney movie, does Quasimodo imagine the gargoyles Woah0 5 581 August 24, 2022 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  How come "Snow White Disney movie" was so disliked by J.R.R Tolkien and C.S Lewis Woah0 3 466 August 21, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Soul 2020 movie Woah0 6 502 August 19, 2022 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  What Were You Dreaming About Last Night? Disagreeable 17 1708 February 2, 2022 at 11:51 am
Last Post: no one
  Last night my 10-year old daughter said that she did not believe in God. Jehanne 22 2266 December 26, 2021 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Horror movie suggestions BrokenQuill92 16 1681 December 7, 2021 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The last book you read zwanzig 27 1757 October 18, 2021 at 9:45 am
Last Post: brewer