Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 18, 2024, 11:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Why is Christianity false and Atheism true?
RE: Why is Christianity false and Atheism true?
(December 24, 2013 at 9:47 pm)Lion IRC Wrote:
(December 24, 2013 at 9:29 pm)Napoléon Wrote: No, I'm asking you what your intentions are, and your response yet again indicates you are here for fuck all.

Sweet FA is an accurate description of the lack of responses that savedwheat is getting from atheists who, typically, lack the ability to defend their no-God hypothesis.

Hence the frustration and misdirected anger at someone who asks awkward questions causing you embarrassment. And hence the gutless... ban him, ban him, ban him chant that we hear echoed by the mob mentality.

If you cant handle the aggressive apologetic which is crash-testing your atheist worldview, maybe savedwheat isn't the problem here.Thinking

Lion, look at his responses. They're not from a person. They're from a spambot or something similar.

Hence the call for a ban.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(December 24, 2013 at 6:13 pm)savedwheat Wrote: Why did God cause the earth to go desolate and waste in verse 2? Because of the sin of the inhabitants of earth's earliest ages.

So you believe the dinosaurs sinned and this is why god made the earth desolate?
When did god make the dinosaurs if he made man on the sixth day?

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Yes, of course.
(December 24, 2013 at 9:49 pm)savedwheat Wrote: AMEN.

Why is Christianity false and atheism true? It's a simple question only needing a simple answer.

Atheism is a lack of a belief in god, my lack of a belief in god really is true because I really don't believe god exists.

Christianity is false because it claims man was created on the sixth day where as all evidence points to dinosaurs existing and evolution of mankind to be true.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Christianity is a lack of belief in no God.
(December 24, 2013 at 9:52 pm)savedwheat Wrote: Yes, of course.

No I asked you a simple question, when did god create dinosaurs if he created man on the sixth day. What day did the dinosaurs begin to exist on and when did they become extinct?

(December 24, 2013 at 9:47 pm)Lion IRC Wrote: Sweet FA is an accurate description of the lack of responses that savedwheat is getting from atheists who, typically, lack the ability to defend their no-God hypothesis.

Hence the frustration and misdirected anger at someone who asks awkward questions causing you embarrassment. And hence the gutless... ban him, ban him, ban him chant that we hear echoed by the mob mentality.

If you cant handle the aggressive apologetic which is crash-testing your atheist worldview, maybe savedwheat isn't the problem here.Thinking

Are you being absolutely fucking serious? The guy is not having a discussion. Obviously people are going to get frustrated. This is a discussion forum. Asking question after question and providing one line answers to any of those he does choose to answer is not an appropriate discussion. When asked to provide further elaboration he's refused to give any. He's been given plenty of answers to his own questions, many of them in depth by other users. Yet he does not return the favour.

The notion that anyone is 'challenged' by this guy is laughable, every challenge made has been countered yet not a single counter has been properly addressed. Instead the goalposts are moved, a different question is asked and the thread tumbles further into despair.
(December 24, 2013 at 9:53 pm)savedwheat Wrote: Christianity is a lack of belief in no God.

No christianity makes specific claims about god, it isn't simply a lack of a belief in no god.

You can't be serious. You're still avoiding the topic of this thread.
I'll post it again, for our good friend, savedwheat. He's earned it.

[Image: my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony...ust-be.png]

Ok, I'll state what I believe without putting any labels on it for you. I don't have enough evidence to convince me that Jesus is the son of god who died for my sins. I also don't have enough evidence to believe that there is no god but allah and Mohammed is his profit. I also don't have enough evidence to believe that Zues lives on Mount Olympis or that Odin killed the frost giants or that we come back as ghosts after we die or that we're reincarnated or that magic actually exists. I believe that what we see as magic now is simply science that we do not yet understand (much like the cave men would have considered guns some kind of magic and people from the middle ages would have thought my computer is some kind of sorcerery).

But that disbelief isn't so strong that I'm going to deny some kind of sign or miracle, right in front of me. Thing is, I haven't had any sign or miracle or, really, anything to convince me one way or the other. Honestly, I kinda want to believe and I want to have conclusive answers.... I just don't have those answers. And I can't force myself to believe something that I know is bullshit.

So, whatever label you choose to attach to that skepticism of the supernatural is up to you. You can call me an atheist or a skeptic or agnostic or whatever you want. The label doesn't matter to me; what the label stands for matters.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Council of Nicaea: when Christianity was deformed and Jesus named son of God. WinterHold 50 4455 September 19, 2021 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The false miracle of Fatima now a movie Foxaèr 17 1694 September 6, 2020 at 2:03 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Discrimination, oppression, and the War on Christianity Losty 124 12210 July 27, 2019 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  How we found out Evolution is true fredd bear 38 2975 March 26, 2019 at 4:23 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Evolution and Christianity and Salvation mrj 255 21084 March 14, 2019 at 3:10 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Hey, Nobody Said It WASN'T True YahwehIsTheWay 17 2672 December 5, 2018 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The connection between Christianity and Capitalism Cecelia 43 4853 August 22, 2018 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  True Christianity Graufreud 53 4574 August 9, 2018 at 11:12 am
Last Post: Joods
  World ending on April 23rd, says false prophet Divinity 41 8733 April 27, 2018 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  I'm sick and tired of Christianity Der/die AtheistIn 73 10644 December 29, 2017 at 4:04 pm
Last Post: GUBU