Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 4:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Why is Christianity false and Atheism true?
RE: Why is Christianity false and Atheism true?
Quote:Why is Christianity all religion false and Atheism true?

Helped you out there.
Thanks. So why are all religions false and atheism true?
Atheism is lucky to have zero burden of proof.
They don't have to be persuasive at ALL.
...I say let them stay that way.

Welcome to AF.
Cheers!
Why do atheists have no burden of proof?
(December 23, 2013 at 2:56 am)savedwheat Wrote: Why do atheists have no burden of proof?

Because we aren't making any claims about the existence or nonexistence of gods; we're just stating that we haven't been convinced by the evidence put forward by the followers of those religions. Lion up there prattles on about how atheists aren't convincing, but the failure is his and that of those like him, both in terms of evidentiary support and even understanding the atheist position: how much of an argument do we really need, for the position of "I don't believe you."?

Oh, and welcome aboard, by the way.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
What would satisfy you as evidence God exists?
(December 23, 2013 at 3:22 am)savedwheat Wrote: What would satisfy you as evidence God exists?

You must first define god before I can decide what sort of evidence that requires.
Ok. At the very basest level God would be uncreated, alone from everlasting, and brought nature into existence.
(December 23, 2013 at 3:22 am)savedwheat Wrote: What would satisfy you as evidence God exists?

Depends on the god you have in mind. Are you following a particular religion, here?

Hell, does this god interact with the world in any way?
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Council of Nicaea: when Christianity was deformed and Jesus named son of God. WinterHold 50 4021 September 19, 2021 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The false miracle of Fatima now a movie Foxaèr 17 1639 September 6, 2020 at 2:03 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Discrimination, oppression, and the War on Christianity Losty 124 11511 July 27, 2019 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  How we found out Evolution is true fredd bear 38 2761 March 26, 2019 at 4:23 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Evolution and Christianity and Salvation mrj 255 19840 March 14, 2019 at 3:10 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Hey, Nobody Said It WASN'T True YahwehIsTheWay 17 2579 December 5, 2018 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The connection between Christianity and Capitalism Cecelia 43 4553 August 22, 2018 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  True Christianity Graufreud 53 4531 August 9, 2018 at 11:12 am
Last Post: Joods
  World ending on April 23rd, says false prophet Divinity 41 8540 April 27, 2018 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  I'm sick and tired of Christianity Der/die AtheistIn 73 10494 December 29, 2017 at 4:04 pm
Last Post: GUBU