Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 14, 2024, 4:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
joke time
RE: joke time
I've just started work as a human chess piece.

I'm on knights this week.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(September 8, 2014 at 6:34 pm)Stimbo Wrote: I've just started work as a human chess piece.

I'm on knights this week.
So you're the new rookie.
You must be taking my old job. I got sacked for watching pawn at work whilst listening to Queen.
Watch out for the boss, he thinks he's the king of the castle.
As long as you keep an ear to the ground, you should be able to keep everything in check, mate.
Well, bashing the bishop keeps me from getting board. I prefer everything black and white.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
There should be a law against overuse of bad puns.
Dying to live, living to die.
Then there was the medieval court jester who was known far and wide for his ability to make a pun upon any subject at a moment's notice.

Summoned to court, the king asked the jester, 'Is it true what they say - you can pun upon any subject?'

'Yes, Your Majesty. Any subject.'

'Any subject at all?'

'As I said, Sire; any subject.'

'Very well. I command you to make a pun about our royal Self.'

'Ah, Majesty, that I cannot do. For the King, you see, is not a subject.'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 8, 2014 at 3:06 pm)graciesings Wrote:
(August 7, 2014 at 11:39 pm)ignoramus Wrote: How many Christians does it take to change a lightbulb?
(WIP. Best answer gets big kudos and a sloppy kiss from Losty!)

Attempt #1

None, they like being kept in the dark.

We don't neeeeed light bulbs. We are the light of the world, the shining city on a hill. Why would weeeeeee need lightbulbs?
(goes and spends a fortune on invisible light bulbs that were invented by an atheist scientist.)

Ok fine I will kiss you. Only because that was wonderful Kiss
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Here's an old joke I read once that explains Christian preoccupation with doctrine, especially exclusivism, perfectly:

An atheist dies and goes to heaven. When he gets there, the attendant says, "Welcome, you'll be in room 21, but be very quiet when you walk past room 8."

A rabbi dies and goes to heaven, and the attendant greets him and says, "Welcome, you'll be in room 22, but be very quiet when you walk past room 8."

A Buddhist nun dies and goes to heaven and the attendant greets her and says, "Welcome, you'll be in room 23, but be very quiet when you walk past room 8."

The three of them happen to meet, and they're all wondering about room 8 when they see the attendant walk by. They grab him, he asks them how they're doing, and they say, "We're all very happy here, but we were wondering about room 8 and why we had to be so quiet when we went past it."

The attendant says, "Oh, those are the Christians. They think they're the only ones here."
Luke: You don't believe in the Force, do you?

Han Solo: Kid, I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other, and I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen *anything* to make me believe that there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. 'Cause no mystical energy field controls *my* destiny. It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.
Hey Diablo,you'd also have your hands full with Christians I dare say!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Quote:A passenger jet was suffering through a severe thunderstorm. As the passengers were being bounced around by the turbulence a young woman turned to a minister sitting next to her and with a nervous laugh asks, "Reverend, you're a man of God, can't you do something about this storm?"

To which he replies, "Lady, I'm in sales, not management."
The mighty chief of a Maori tribe died when his son and heir had not yet come of age. It was decided that until the boy was old enough to assume his royal duties, the tribe would be governed by a regent. Furthermore, to assure than no one but the legitimate chief would sit on the throne, it was secured in the rafters of the royal hut, held in place by strong ropes.

All went well until one day the heir was playing with his friends in the palace. Without warning, the ropes broke and the throne fell on the prince, killing the royal child instantly.

Moral: People who live in grass houses shouldn't stow thrones.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No joke -- I have decided to convert to Christianity! Jehanne 10 2358 April 23, 2021 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  A sacred joke. Mystic 15 2830 January 20, 2018 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Big Bang Theory Neil Tyson joke Brian37 1 1511 May 18, 2016 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  There Has To Be A Joke Here, Somewhere! Minimalist 3 2394 October 1, 2014 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: Zidneya
  Joke Minimalist 59 17198 June 27, 2014 at 12:25 am
Last Post: Ravenshire
  A little joke Sup 11 4349 April 10, 2014 at 7:33 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Evolution (is a) joke JesusLover1 12 9055 March 2, 2014 at 6:24 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Preacher joke 02 Drich 2 1911 February 12, 2014 at 7:15 am
Last Post: NoraBrimstone
  Preacher joke 01 Drich 8 4535 January 20, 2014 at 12:31 am
Last Post: Drich
  Make Up An Atheist Joke freedomfromforum 5 2900 October 6, 2013 at 12:30 am