Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 31, 2024, 11:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rapture September 2015
RE: Rapture September 2015
(September 15, 2015 at 5:17 pm)Cecelia Wrote: Christians want all of humanity to be destroyed... and we Atheists are the immoral ones?

This is not even close to what Christians want for all of humanity, Cecelia.
(September 15, 2015 at 7:42 pm)Randy Carson Wrote:
(September 15, 2015 at 5:17 pm)Cecelia Wrote: Christians want all of humanity to be destroyed... and we Atheists are the immoral ones?

This is not even close to what Christians want for all of humanity, Cecelia.

I don't know about that you guys seem real keen on wanting the world to burn and jesus coming back.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
CURRENT EARTH STATUS: NOT DESTROYED. PLEASE CHECK SOON FOR FURTHER UPDATES.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
In 2016 there will be ten more rapture conspiracies.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(September 16, 2015 at 10:42 am)Iroscato Wrote: CURRENT EARTH STATUS: NOT DESTROYED. PLEASE CHECK SOON FOR FURTHER UPDATES.

We do seem to be running out of September don't we?
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
(September 15, 2015 at 4:53 pm)Randy Carson Wrote:
(September 15, 2015 at 1:27 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Yeah...that's exactly your problem.

Nope. That's why I know more than you do. I've actually read them all.

Yes.  You need to get your head out of your ass and start reading shit which will challenge your silly beliefs...not reinforce them.  That's why you are a jerk, Randy.  No one ever said you couldn't read.  Just that you read horseshit and pretend it makes you feel better.
They all try this kind of crap-splanation. Here's one of many JW versions. They've had a lot of 'splaning to do over the years:

Quote:Whereas doctrine is subjective and un-provable, time prophecy leaves no room for error. On a number of occasions the Watchtower put a line in the sand when saying a specific event was going to happen on a specific date. When those dates passed without event those statements proved beyond argument to be false. When something predicted to happen does not occur there is irrefutable evidence that Jehovah did not direct the interpretation. In line with the Scriptures above, the following incorrect dates prove the Watchtower Society is not guided by Jehovah.

In 1876, Russell became interested in time prophecy, after reading a copy of Barbour's publication Herald of the Morning. The end had not come in 1874, as the Adventists had predicted. However, Barbour explained that Matthew 24:27 meant Jesus' invisible presence commenced in 1874, the rapture would be 1878, and the end of the world was to occur in 1914. (see Watch Tower, 1906 July 15 for a detailed account.)

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/1800s.php

You see, it's an invisible rapture! Happened already. Next!

And to think nominally functioning adults accept such nonsense....no words.
These whole shenanigans bring up a good question, how many times does one have to be wrong before they recognize the pattern?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Rapture September 2015
Patterns, like reason and evidence can be easily ignored if you have faith. A failed prophesy of rapture passes through the cognitive dissonance filter and is not referred to again. The next predicted rapture that grabs the attention appeals so much to the faith of the believer, it overrides past failed prophesies.

The lure of being raptured to heaven with their lord is probably more powerful than anything that you or I could imagine (unless you are ex-theist of course). The lure simply overrides rational thought.
Wait... so was the rapture supposed to have happened already? Or is it just supposed to happen some time in september? Sorry I haven't really been reading this thread in detail. Sad
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rapture on another planet Fake Messiah 16 3393 July 19, 2018 at 2:46 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  2011 post from Facebook regarding 2012 "rapture" Foxaèr 1 577 May 23, 2018 at 10:25 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Christian marriage in 2015 drfuzzy 14 4419 November 1, 2015 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  Rapture October 7th, 2015 JesusHChrist 171 28000 October 19, 2015 at 6:13 am
Last Post: SofaKingHigh
  Rapture report dyresand 58 9268 September 25, 2015 at 4:46 am
Last Post: Randy Carson
  How will you spend your last four days on earth? Rapture and end days, oh my! Whateverist 40 7503 September 21, 2015 at 8:32 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Rapture news thread 15th - 22nd dyresand 63 10805 September 19, 2015 at 4:52 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Questions About the Rapture Jenny A 72 25365 September 16, 2015 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: Jenny A
  Belief in The Devil in 2015 Iroscato 71 15954 April 16, 2015 at 3:45 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Antichrist Alert!!!! Coming Sept 2015!!!!! JesusHChrist 28 7578 March 5, 2015 at 6:56 pm
Last Post: dyresand